• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Spongebob to 2-C (low 2-C)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobsican

He/Him
So, after some researching, I would like to mention that I found a reason why Spongebob could be considered to the 2-C tier.

This link https://youtu.be/UGtbk8B25d0?t=5m5s , explains that Spongebob can still use the Magical Book of the Sponge Out of Water movie, directly from his imagination.

I´m new at this, so please introduce me to this, or if I´m doing something wrong.

I'm not sure.

The book basically gives you Plot Manipulation and Reality Warping but for it to be counted as Low 2-C, SpongeBob would need to Rewrite the entire universe and for it to be counted as 2-C it would need to be stated that there are Two or more Universes/Timelines and that said book can destroy them all.

I only watched the movie once so I can't remember if he did alter reality on a Universe Level scale and I don't know if SpongeBob has other Universes.

Since this is a thread Disscusing an upgrade, I'll move it to the Content Revision Board.

Well him saying All Reality will be erased because of the book, Yes that is Low 2-C.

For 2-C you will need a statement or feat proving there are multiple Universes or Timelines in SpongeBob.

Well... It was stated in the game [ Which is an adaptation of the movie ] that the pages can destroy the Universe [ Low 2-C ] and end life as we know it [ Considering ALL the Nickelodeon Games are canon to each other, that would be 2-C . Otherwise it'd be Low 2-C ]

Every single Nickelodeon game shares the exact same canon as a theatrical movie? I highly doubt that.

One thing, does Spongebob ever gain full control of the book in the movie? Because I believe the statement is that the entire book can destroy reality. Not the single page that Spongebob has.

If so, I'm fine with him being rated as Low 2-C via the book. Also I really hope there won't be VS matches that are automatically going to assume Spongebob will always use the full power of the book from the get go even though he never remotely does so and never would in character.

I agree with Ryukama on the Nickelodeon games thing. Could someone post a link confirming it.

I also don't hope it turns into those type of matches.

We'll just have to specify it can't be used in combat then.

Because its ridiculous to allow this beyond non-combat and spongebob never even thinking of using it. It takes away the whole point of him being in a tier 2 match at all.

So yeah good with listing it, cuz indexing wiki, but if its completely out of character for him to use it at all it might as well not be allowed in vs matches.

Spongebob being in the low 2-C tier is more than enought for me.

Also, sorry for not mentioning that I was reffering to the game, rather than the movie itself.

Edit:

ProfessorKukui4Life, technically it is usable in combat, the problem is that Spongebob has never been seen using it like that, or at all really; Ryukagama, in theory we should count this as a sort of last resort.

I mean, looking at Spongebob, using this kind of stuff in the series would change how everyone around him treat him, to the point to be considered as a god, so, considering his personality, he rathers keep it for a moment where there are no options left, besides editing some stuff in his surrounding to get help or something like that (being able to alterate reality with just the imagination means that Spongebob can think of X thing and become real, but probably, he should have some kind of lock to prevent it from doing things that would only cause problems)

This is my theory, which means that it´s free to be checked or optimized.

For me this seems reasonable. Basically anything that is written in the book will happen, meaning it's likely it can control and alter the entire universe with no limit.

So you're making him Low 2-C for something he can't even use in combat? That's ridiculous, he's never going to win any matches in that case.

Starryknight200: Is there any proof that proves that Spongebob can´t use it in combat?

But I have to admit it has never seen Spongebob using it, besides my theory.

Milo Murphy's law is literally a feature in his tier and it's been accepted to be a non-combat key. This should be acceptable.

He technically could use the book to do that, just he never ever has and never ever will. That certainly won't stop people from putting him against legitamate Tier 2s and having him win though.

For his rating on the profile it should be fine but for a match up it's beyond ridiculous to put him against any competent fighter above his tier, let alone a 4th dimensional universe buster, with the book.

However again does Spongebob ever get the book? Bubbles's statement seems to only apply to the entire book, not one singular page.

Well, as we can see in the movie, a single page can be used for that, especially considering it´s the last one, which means if it´s left unused, its text will automatically update to current events in the universe.

When is it shown or stated in the movie that one page can destroy all of reality? Also one page having reality warping alone isn't proof.

Well, let me see, Ryukama...

I couldn´t think of a way to show or illustrate it properly, so I´ll try to explain it:

Just one page teletransported at molecular level the secret Krabby Patty formula, along with the stored Krabby Patties to the pirate´s ship.

As we can see from that, the book itself isn´t what matters, but rather, what´s written on the pages, especially considering that even when separated from the book, they still work, as we can see when Spongebob and other were sent to Pellican Island.

It´s basically a boundless version of the Death Note,

Well the entire book is the completed "weapon" or relic right? If a statement is made about the power of an entire weapon, we can't just assume one single little piece of the weapon has the exact same power. And again, one page having reality warping alone isn't proof. Unless a page is said or shown capable of destroying all of reality, I personally think we shouldn't rate is as such. I'm willing to listen and accept the input of you and others as well if the majority disagrees.

@Ryukama

When Spongbob Low 2-C beats Beerus ovo

In all seriousness, the problem with this in terms of vs matches is if its completely out of character for Spongebob at all to use it in any way, much less for battle, why even pit him against other tier 2s at all? Each time will just end in a loss or stomp because Spongebob will never pull this book out from the start to even last a second. Him vs character A? Stomp. Character B? Stomp. C, D, E, F, G, and so, all stomps. All because Spongebob won't pull this out. It will only result in repeated pointless losses that aren't notable to be added in the first place. So unless we just say "Spongebob starts out with the book" or something in said match just so he has a fair chance to use it, he should only get this rating for the purpose of our wiki indexing stuff, not for matches.

I agree. He shouldn't remotely be treated as a Tier 2 character in combat. I can't wait until he's put against legit Tier 2 fighters and people go around saying "Spongebob via hax", hax that he has never ever used, never ever will and heck probably doesn't even know about.

If this is approved, there must a note explicitly stating it's not combat applicable. Otherwise people will start spamming Spongebob threads out of context. I agree with Ryukama

ProfesorKukui4Life:

This is perfect.

I knew before nobody would like Spongebob stomping 2s and probably even some 1s just because of the page.

Ryukagama, your explanation is very well made, which made me consider that just 1 page of the entire book could have limitations, but I don´t think that, why, you may ask?

I checked https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book and I found out what exactly a book is:

"A book is a series of pages assembled for easy portability and reading, as well as the composition contained in it"

This means that a book is basically a bunch of pages.

If a book had 300 pages, that wouldn´t make it worse than a book of over 9000 pages (oops, I accidentally inserted a meme). Besides, this proves that just because there only 1 page, that doesn´t automatically means that it is weaker than if it was the entire book itself, especially considering the neutral fact that Spongebob has never been seen using it after the events of that movie, especially considering the current plot of his universe should be able to fit in a single page.

Edit:

Joseph619: Then there should also be another note that declares this aplicable in specific circumstances (declared by the user or something like that, as Spongebob has never been seen using it), especially if the note you are mentioning is exclusivelly to prevent spam of Spongebob sweeping most fiction.

It has nothing to do with Spongebob "stomping" most of fiction (which isn't true).

Its about preventing ridiculous spammed Spongebob threads because of a book he'll never even use. If he's never going to use it, then pitting him against tier 2's where he'll get stomped instead in a matter of seconds is completely pointless.

ProfessorKukui4Life:

I think you´re forgetting the fact that Spongebob has very high regenerative capabilities, has some toon force and thanks to a device given to him by Jimmy Neutron, he can go bigger (around the size of Jimmy Neutron) and even breath air.

Spongebob can last more than what you may think without using the page.

I mean, even if Goku used a Kamehameha on him, he would just be reduced to dust with eyes, then regenerate to his normal form, thanks to the toon force.

Which is limited to JUST his tier and nothing else. All of that sans Toon Force is completely crap in Tier 2 and toon force is only doing so much.

Oh, ProfessorKukui4Life, so you mean that in any tier above Spongebob before this thread, toon force is not considered in higher tiers?

None of this about comparing this magical book to a real book or stuff about 300 vs 9000 pages still changes the point that these pages are just pieces of the weapon that is the entire book. If a statement is made about the power of an entire weapon, we don't just assume that one tiny piece of the book has the exact same power as the entire weapon.

Also a kamehameha from Goku would sub-atomize Spongebob not turn him into dust. He's never fighting anyone remotely on that level, with the book or not. He's not a combative character really and the few things that could make him formidable he never ever uses efficiently at all.

Ryukama: Take in count I was mentioning with toon force aplicated, without it, what you say would happen.

And, then again, it there a way to can determinate the "possible" limitations of just 1 page, in comparation to the entire book?

IMO, Spongebob's Toon Force won't allow him to survive attacks as powerful as Goku's, as he has been not shown able to with it.

Probably not, besides evaluating the feats of one page's itself.

Again, I'm still open to what others have to say regarding whether or not we should upgrade him.

They just used a nuke stock footage instead of animating an explosion. The supposed "nuke" doesn't even destroy Bikini Bottom. Also a nuke is nowhere remotely close to as powerful as Goku.

Him returning home from there through completely unknown means doesn't mean he can survive getting punched in the face by a universe buster.

Hmm... Let me try to try to help out with this as much as possible :

For one, looking up the game that takes place after it ( a sequel to Sponge out of water ); it confirms that the pages each can destroy all reality in the first scene. Bubbles is afraid hat if someone missuses even one page, all of reality can be erased. Since it is Bubbles... I believe his word over most statements in the series. However, in Spongebob Universe, there has been occassions where it is more than one universe : Firstly, there is an Alternate Universe Spongebob, Patrick , and Squidwward [ A mirror world... It appears in various episodes ] . Due to Flying Dunchman, we know a lot of dimensions [ of unknown size ] exist, including his own which is outside time and space. The Mr.Plankton AU, albeit i am ujsure if it still exists. The space Squidward ended up in was a universe, and he broke himself out. The Knight Universe [ Princess Pearl ]... Bikini Bottom 2 , which... Has a lot of AU's. There was even a comic strip that crossed over with the original universe, confirming all of reality has multiple timelines .If any of these are alternate timelines ... Each page is 2-C...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back