• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Spongebob to 2-C (low 2-C)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ryukama, just found out a better version, but the audio may be worse:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_VoZPMR6ko

As you can see, this explosion actually destroyed Bikini Bottom.

Oh, and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hv14Av3ABLc (I couldn´t find an higher quality one)

This one, as you can see, proves that Spongebob only feels tickles from punches, take in count this was done for at least 24 hours, non-stop, as we can see Flats still punching Spongebob even in the bathroom or even sleeping.

Then again, Spongebob has very high regenerative abilities, as we can see at:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kybfI78_ZsU

Considering he didn´t even care about his eyes being covered on sand, this is a durability feat.

So yeah, Spongebob can take a hit or 2 from Goku.

I would have posted this an hour earlier, but I tried to research more, and I couldn´t find specific scenes of Spongebob to further support this.

That clip cuts out the ending. No Bikini Bottom didn't get destroyed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xz9k9or7shk

How does Spongebob taking sand to the eyes at all mean he can survive hits from Goku? What makes you think having sand in your eyes is somehow less deadly than a punch that can destroy the universe? Flats also is nowhere remotely as powerful as Goku. Spongebob being able to tank hits from him doesn't mean he could from Goku. That's like saying if I don't get hurt from a bubble popping on my face I can survive a meteorite.

What is the conclusion here?, the feat is legit or not?

Well...

ProfessorKukui4Life(also Ryukama): Then again, this isn´t a discussion about Goku vs Spongebob, let´s just leave that at a side, I accept that at best, only the magic page could save Spongebob.

Ryukama: No, I simply couldn´t find one better, besides, it is technically destroyed, as we can clearly see at the end, at the very least, Spongebob survived from high degree burns that affected the whole town (giving him at the very least "Small Town Level" durability at the very least)

Threfir: As The 2nd Existencial Seed said, that should be more than enought proof to make Spongebob into the 2-C tier.

Ryukama: Oh, then at least I can say it was an explosion.

Also, considering Spongebob, when growing in size thanks to Jimmy Neutron´s device, his durability should increase too, as he should be big enought to lift his own house.

It would be useful if someone managed to make the calculation for that.

Edit: Oh, I almost forgot, we now just need some proof about what The 2nd Existencial Seed said.

Well his house is literally a pinapple, so I don't think the feat would be too impressive.

Isn't Spongebob's house literally a pineapple? I don't think a lifting strength calculation for that feat would give very good results...

Ruykama:

Who knows? It could give Spongebob and others higher durability level, especially considering most of the time, Spongebob and others are used in battles like that.

Edit: Random1201: lol, I didn´t meant lifting strenght, but rather, durability.

I have bettter stuff for lifting capabilities, let me check...

As we can see here:

https://youtu.be/AX_Z8Ptgy_A?t=1m31s

This shows Spongebob lifting Patrick.

Huh, my Spongebob 10 anniversary album states that Patrick is 1.98 meters tall and weights 290 pounds.

Well, this can be considered at least for the lifting strenght capabilitie after resizing.

Just got here and how exactly can the Magical Page specifically affect time itself so that it can be considered as Low 2-C?

Magi RobloxG said:
Just got here and how exactly can the Magical Page specifically affect time itself so that it can be considered as Low 2-C?
Theirs apparently a statement about how the book can destroy all of reality. As I posted above, Spongebob might have alternate timelines but no one seemed to respond to that.

Well if Spongebob didn't get the whole book, then we can still probably make a page for the Book itself. a Low 2-C/2-C weapon is plenty notable.

Bobsician mentioned his "Spongebob 10 anniversary album" claims Patrick Star is 1.98 meters tall, & 290 pounds. If my memory serves, we use the sizes & likely weights of marine life for most of Spongebob's cast. Spongebob is a sea sponge, Patrick a sea star.

If Patrick is indeed 1.98 meters tall & 290 pounds heavy, & the rest of the cast are of similar size & weight, that may be cause for revision.

Can we verify if information from this album is canon &/or acceptable to use on this Wiki?

Also, if my memory of Standard Battle Assumptions serves me, assuming Spongebob ends up a 2-C against 2-Cs because of the page, isn't Bloodlusting somewhat helpful to make him not stomped as often by having him act out of character to use the page ASAP via bloodlust?

Although, even with that in mind, it's not exactly easy to use in combat, right? It would probably be worth mentioning that Spongebob isn't the Page/Book's tier independent of using it, which he almost never does when in character, & thus, putting him in matches based on such a tier should be discouraged.

Bubbles implies each page can destroy all of reality. The alternate universes shown in the comic ( 7, connecting to the TV universe ) plus Patrick inventing a alternate universe equals 8 alternate universes.

Patrick being 1.98 meters is very inconsistent. Spongebob has an official height in the show of an inch or two (I forget where but it's there) and whenever they leave the water, they're consistently depicted as being on the same scale as small birds and squirrels.

The 2nd Existential Seed said:
Bubbles implies each page can destroy all of reality. The alternate universes shown in the comic ( 7, connecting to the TV universe ) plus Patrick inventing a alternate universe equals 8 alternate universes.
May you lonk to where it states that alternate universes were shown then?

Alright, given the evidence that Darkanine and The 2nd provided I'm fine with the book being rated 2-C if a page for it is made.

Now, what is the name of the game where said statement about a page being capable of destroying all reality?, So I can check it out.

HNI 0007
HNI 0006
HNI 0005
Ok, so, I have already considering as a kind of fanfiction what my book states, I´m taking a picture of it and showing it here so that we can say if it should even be considered.
I´m mexican, by the way, so it is in spanish, so you may be able to traduce it or something...

I still haven't seen any proof that the games are canon to the theatrical movie. And no citation for Bubbles saying one page can destroy reality in the games.

Alright so it's right here.

https://youtu.be/lWs9rCli0hQ at 0:44

The dolphin says that they need to find the last page and any other pages they find before reality ceases to exsit.

Now I guess this could mean if someone wanted to they could be capable of ending reality but if that's not enough I'd say Likely 2-C for SpongeBob.

Attack Potency: Likely Multi-Universe level with the Magic Book page (It is possible that one might be able to destroy all reality with a single page. In the SpongeBob SquarePants universe their have been showings of multiple Universes/Alternate Dimensions)

Obviously we need a link to said statement and the link to the showings of other universes.

Please, The 2nd Existencial Seed, search somewhere that, or you can even record it yourself and upload it here, if you can of course.

It seems at this point, all we need now is more proof to prove this is really canon.

Oh yeah, Ryukama just reminded me that we need to make sure it's canon.

Regardless, this is still very much non-combat applicable for multiple reasons already mentioned.

Im agreeing with making Spongebob this tier but disagreeing with it being used in matches.

It wouldn't be non-combat applicable in a battle where characters are bloodlusted and speed is equalised. Those types of battles exist. Also, the tiering is still entirely iffy until there is proof that the game is considered canon to the movie.

Well, how can we tell if the game is canon to the show?

Thundereid: Well, technically that isn´t off topic, but just not the main theme of this discussion, so, with this, now we need a calculation of the strenght of that, so that we can tell Spongebob and others´ durability.

A Google search tells me it its engine is Unity, it was developed by Behaviour Interactive, published by Activision, on systems owned by Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft. Something tells me it isn't canon.

TheHadouCyberspaceWitch:

Well, considering this is Spongebob what we are talking about, it should be licenced by them or something like that.

Can you please share some of the research links you may have used?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back