• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Now, I'm not automatically going to downgrade Spongebob back to Below Average, just because of inconsistent gag feats, but I do feel like a lot of abilities Spongebob was given included information that either was taken out of context or wasn't very viable. For example:
How does the footage show Frenchy is an Abstract Being exactly? The definition of Abstract Existence is to exist as a concept, thought or information, and none of that is shown or stated anywhere in the franchise, let alone the footage here.
This was not through Spongebob's exposure at all, but instead the Tickle Belt getting so intense, it tickled Man Ray's DNA. He even said it himself in the episode.
  • Animal Manipulation (Has understood Gary multiple times throughout the series. Understood and outwitted the intelligent Jellyfish as seen in Jellyfish Hunter)
Animal Manipulation is said to have control over animals, not just to talk to them. That's like saying I can control millions of people, because they speak English like I do.
(Squidward) resisted the effects of Plankton's Jerktonium, which turned Bikini Bottom into "jerks"]
Squidward wasn't shown eating the fruitcake in the episode at all, nor does he have the stubble or eyebrows other jerks have. It's more likely Squidward simply didn't eat the fruitcake.
Considering how this was used on the Flying Dutchman, who himself is an astral soul, I don't think this is technically a soul-based attack.
Considering how Spongebob and Patrick were shown being able to interact on the painting rather than inside it, possibly due to it also being more of a blank space, this is more likely a form of shapeshifting than immersion.
SpongeBob claims to have cleaned up sub-atomic including "theoretical" particles.
Considering how Spongebob is suddenly shown in a lab coat and goggles after doing so, this is likely also done with equipment rather than naturally.
This isn't really Plot Manipulation, so much as Breaking the Fourth Wall, seeing what Patrick and the viewer is drawing, rather than interacting with it.
It's implied that Plankton didn't mind control Spongebob at all, simply putting his still normal brain inside a robot body, especially given how Karen said this strategy never works, implying he did it several times in the past, and never learned from his mistake.
The Dutchman wasn't trying to possess Spongebob in this instance, he was just seeing what was inside his brain to see what was so scary.
Considering the book itself still has several pages after this segment, it's likely Burger Beard simply didn't do anything.
Technically this is closer to the episode being interrupted mid-sentence, rather than the show being taken off the air.
  • Absorption (Did not get absorbed by the nematodes who were sucking up SpongeBob’s house in Home Sweet Pineapple)
The nematodes were really only targeting and eating the house though, rather than aiming for Spongebob, making this at best a minor resistance.
Planktonamor's Magic itself lacks any feats, and is implied to be very weak, much like how Plankton himself is reliant on robots rather than physical combat, so again, this is minor resistance at best.
It's likely Plankton just plugged that sense back into Spongebob's ears, just like what he did with Spongebob's eyes.
They were very clearly visibly terrified while riding the roller coaster and lost their spines at the end.
No, it pretty clearly affected him, you can still see some smoke come from his body, never mind how it transmutated his karate gloves and helmet.
Bubbles the Dolphin could easily travel through the universe.
What we see seems more in tune to Time Travel than traveling through the Universe, as he explicitly said that he traveled through time here and is said to be a "Space-Time Traveler here."

Also, I feel like noting that the Rap Battle shows Bubbles being able to unravel the string that withholds the universe, just like Spongebob and Patrick can, so I think he should have access to it and be 3-A as well.

...That's just about everything that I can think of thus far, and none of it probably really changes much, even if I think there should be differentiation between what counts as just a gag in context, and what is actually relevant to the story, but that probably wouldn't be a very fair analysis if other Toon Force users get the same treatment, or that how if something doesn't have a canon, than I think only the primary series should be considered, instead of anything and everything tied to the media, but I feel like that would require revisions of a lot of other pages on here, and I think just going over inaccuracies regardless of the rules around Power Scaling Spongebob is enough of a discussion.

No, it pretty clearly affected him, you can still see some smoke come from his body, never mind how it transmutated his karate gloves and helmet.
He was unhurt by it despite smoke appearing, so I'd say he's unaffected. Transmutation has nothing to do with resistance to fire

I may need time to look over, but I think I agree to most if not all of the removals. Quick obvious one is this.

• Animal Manipulation (Has understood Gary multiple times throughout the series. Understood and outwitted the intelligent Jellyfish as seen in Jellyfish Hunter)
Yeah, this is just Social Influencing and specifically the ability to talk to animals. Not a telepathic ability to control animals.

Animal Manipulation is said to have control over animals, not just to talk to them. That's like saying I can control millions of people, because they speak English like I do.
I'll read through the rest of these soon, but I will say that there are better examples of Animal Manipulation, like in "Jellyfish Jam", where he commands things like Dolphins, sponges, and clams to help him with his song by just pointing at them.

I'll read through the rest of these soon, but I will say that there are better examples of Animal Manipulation, like in "Jellyfish Jam", where he commands things like Dolphins, sponges, and clams to help him with his song by just pointing at them.

That's broadway force

That's broadway force
No, it's not.

If it were Broadway Force, then he wouldn't have to actively point at everything in order to activate them whenever they need to sing their part; they'd just do it on beat magically. Also, forcing a dolphin to make a squeak whenever you point at it is a far cry from passively forcing people around you to dance/sing with you.

Just remembered one "Ability" that I don't think Spongebob has, that being one of his forms of Immortality
Excluding what I just said about Frenchy not really being an abstract entity, the quote is a pretty baseless claim that doesn't really correlate to Spongebob's immortality, and more like him saying that people will still remember Spongebob, even if his media is destroyed or cancelled. It would make sense considering this was one of the last episodes of the original run before Hillenberg stepped down.

Anyway, outside of that, I can see why others would see Spongebob having Fire Resistance, I just feel like the wording on it should be rephrased as him being relatively unaffected or something, especially considering how being dried up is a pretty consistent way to finish Spongebob off like in the first movie or the episodes in Sandy's Treedome, and as for this scene, I do think it's closer to Broadway Force than Animal Manipulation, considering how the creatures acted when there was a beat, and Spongebob pointed at inanimate objects to make a beat first. Still though, there's probably other feats of him having Jellyfish doing his bidding or something.

Just remembered one "Ability" that I don't think Spongebob has, that being one of his forms of Immortality

Excluding what I just said about Frenchy not really being an abstract entity, the quote is a pretty baseless claim that doesn't really correlate to Spongebob's immortality, and more like him saying that people will still remember Spongebob, even if his media is destroyed or cancelled. It would make sense considering this was one of the last episodes of the original run before Hillenberg stepped down.
Yeah, this pretty much is just Flowery language

Also:
We don´t know who said the "Operate in various panels at once" sentence, so both SpongeBob and Patrick shouldn´t have this (This also affects their Multilocation)

We don´t have proof of all of SpongeBob attacks being able to realize Power null

Technically this is closer to the episode being interrupted mid-sentence, rather than the show being taken off the air.
He still wasn´t affected by the plot of his show being interrupted and could act independent of it, so he should mantain the resistance

We don´t have proof of all of SpongeBob attacks being able to realize Power null
That probably came from this scene having him reduce Handsome Squidward back to normal... kind of. Considering Squidward still has his handsome face, I think he's still in his handsome form, just liquified, and even then, that was with his spatula rather than physical contact, and it's most likely out of a combo of all of the things Squidward wanted to avoid, like annoying customers and Patrick, rather than just Spongebob touching him.

That probably came from this scene having him reduce Handsome Squidward back to normal... kind of. Considering Squidward still has his handsome face, I think he's still in his handsome form, just liquified, and even then, that was with his spatula rather than physical contact, and it's most likely out of a combo of all of the things Squidward wanted to avoid, like annoying customers and Patrick, rather than just Spongebob touching him.
I know, i am questioning his Resistance to the ability, not the ability itself

But, looking better, this should be reworded to specify that he can perform the ability only through his spatula

Back