• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Spongebob to 2-C (low 2-C)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Taking place sometime after the events of Sponge Out of Water"

This basically confirms tha it´s canon.

I almost forgot to notice... But there hasn´t been mentioned yet something that contradicts the plot or something like that that could fully prove that Heropants Spongebob is other Spongebob.

Well, being something canon is usually noticed by references to the main source you want it to relate to.

What is canon, then again? Google translate doesn´t help much.

If I know what that exactly is (I only have an idea of it) it would help me depelov further this.

Oh, also, I forgot to complement my previous statement with this:

(...)while also not bringing contradictions of one to the other plot-wise.

For example, Coldsteel is a popular Gary-stu-esque Sonic OC.

The fact that it killed Sonic and Shadow, while Sonic and Shadow still appear in the main timelines make it its own canon or just not canon. Whatever you want to name it.

Just finished reading and understanding it. Thanks you.

Now, what we need now is something that makes inconsistency or something like that to can see if Heropants is canon or not.

Does anyone have a clue?

I can´t really think of it.

There are no contradictions to the plot of the main series, while also there not being a way to tell it´s canon.

I seriously don´t know what to do, and this comes from an Spongebob fan.

I guess, at the moment, we should just make another page for this.

Well, we have enought proof already to prove this tool to be powerful enought to make Spongebob 2-C.

What we need now is proof that proves this as canon to the main timeline (the tv show)

TheHadouCyberspaceWitch said:
It wouldn't be non-combat applicable in a battle where characters are bloodlusted and speed is equalised. Those types of battles exist. Also, the tiering is still entirely iffy until there is proof that the game is considered canon to the movie.
Which will still result in spongebob getting insta-stomped.

Bloodlusted will just make any 2-C he goes against use their best hax first and crush him. Hell, im not even sure if bloodlusted matches would even still allow Spongebob to have the book in matches based on what Ryukama said.

Spongebob wouldn´t be instantly stomped.

As he would have reality warping and plot manipulation, he would be able to pull some haxs off, mainly his regenerative capabilities and toon force to can tank some hits.

We have seen Spongebob have very high imagination capabilities in that imagination box episode, which already means he basically should be able to pull of the magical page very well in most circumstances.

So, ProfessorKukui4Life, you mean that Spongebob would be basically the most fragile glass cannon in the tier?

Pretty much? I mean unless he faces the most specific weakest 2-C's in the same boat as him, and we don't pick and choose characters for other ones to fight just so they can be allowed to be in vs threads. It's either all or none and a majority are way too much for Sponge.

Like RyuKama said, there is no way spongebob could win against goku. Goku roflstomps him hard. Also, if facing beerus, lolhakai stomp. But I digress

If the evidence is sufficient, I'm ok with the upgrade.

Okay, I looked up as much as I could to see if Nick has ever said if Heropants is canon or not.

I couldn´t find anything, for this, the best is to just make a phone call to them (please someone make it, make sure to record it so it can be 100% clean proof)(to Nickelodeon, of course, you should be able to find some phone number on their website somewhere, I couldn´t found it, perhaps a quick Google search should help)

As for Spongebob being "weak" leaving the plot manipulation and reality warping at a side, it seems now we have to research for Spongebob feats or a way to notice something that may be ignored (like the resizing I prreviously mentioned)

The Flying Dutchman has a Universe outside time and space he completely controls... And has control over several dimensions... Has Spongebob ever fought him canonically ?

Well, I think he fought against him in some games, but that hardly counts, I guess.

Just finished thinking about it...

As the Wikipedia page states, Heropants comes somwhere after the Out of Water film.

Now, we should be able to simply state "its canonicity scales to Spongebob Out of Water".

As for the page, I agree that it isn´t combat applicable.

As for you TheHadouCyberspaceWitch:

1: What exactly?

2: What exactly? (please give more details, rather than just the answer)

As for the Flying Dutchman, this is a very good brief explanation I found around: This

TheHadouCyberspaceWitch: Fine, I guess.

Hey, Ryukama and ProfessorKukui4Life, can any of you decide if Heropants should be considered canon or not? I just checked the Spongebob (universe) page of this site and there are no contradictions whatsoever by part of any of the 2 (the series and the game), then again, it seems some games are already considered as canon.

For now, let´s just focus if it´s canon or not, later we can decide if this is enought to make Spongebob to 2-C tier.

It's whichever others think, but I haven't seen any evidence that this game is canon, besides the fact that it's meant to take place after the events of the movie, which I guess would make Xenoverse canon to Dragon Ball.

Well, isn´t Xenoverse canon to DB?

Then again, there has not been any proof from the side that says that Heropants is not canon, but just something like "it can be considered a licensed Spongebob fanfiction".

That's not how it works. One has to prove that an Activision video game spin off of a theatrical release is canon to that movie. Not disprove that it isn't.

I searched as much as I could.

There´s no mentions if it´s canon to that movie, or the series in general.

Can somebody help with this? We shouldn´t simply assume it simply is not canon.

No. What we shouldn't simply assume is that some Activision video game spin off is canon to the original film or series without evidence as such.

Oh, in that case, I guess we should simply assume it´s not canon.

But, it´s still possible to make another page for the game version of Spongebob (you get the idea).

So that way, if we find any evidence that relates Heropants as canon, we can simply combinate the pages.

Maybe. Again those are just my thoughts, others can chime in on how they think we should handle this as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back