• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Besides, haven't there been entire threads from months ago carefully laying out Spongebob's current tiering, stats, and feats used on his page (among other things like calcs)?
The episode established that the string connects to everything in the universe and composes it, so the string weighs as much as the universe because everything in it is the string. Since SpongeBob was constantly lifting and tugging the string like it was nothing, he was quite literally supporting the weight of the universe.
I had to run an errand, but yeah this was the guy that did the entire thread months ago on the whole '4 inches =/= 10-C' thing I believe.
While I appreciate your concerns towards SpongeBob getting downplayed here which myself doesn't approve even though it does have anti-feats, I don't really think the constant whataboutisms is the best way to around here
In fairness, I actually think Kirby (and Jerry to a lesser extent) is a great example of how size =/= tiering, and isn't a whataboutism off the current topic. Been a lot of those, but comparing Spongebob to Kirby makes sense here.

It's true there aren't a lot of verses where characters small in size have stats or feats above 10-C, but Kirby absolutely is an example of one. Sure they're 8 inches tall, but we've seen Kirby be capable of splitting a planet nearly in half with their raw strength, and as the series has gone on, they have consistently fought increasingly dangerous characters. Like Kratos, Kirby has gone on to challenge and defeat plenty of god-like characters ranging from planetary threats to low multiversal threats.

Fiction just allows for these kinds of things that wouldn't make sense. Obvious statement, I know. Again, it's not common for small characters to be doing these kinds of things, but the size of a character unraveling the universe doesn't matter. If they unraveled a universe, they unraveled a universe. It's more than could be said of many characters or verses of (nearly) any size.

Oh you poor soul...
4QZjl85.png

at least dm me them or something for verification so they dont see

Gotta love whataboutism for verses with clearly explain mechanics. Spongebob is a toon verse where inconsistency runs rampant.
Now that you mention it that episode is yet another contradiction to Universal Lifting Strength, given he was restrained by shackles.
Unless there’s evidence those are magic super metal shackles it’s just an anti-feat.
Rule of funny is the reason, as what seems to have been the reason for a lot of the 'what about [insert anti-feat]' instances in this thread. Even if the episode itself wasn't that good or funny it's still the reason

Not sure what consensus is trying to be reached with the anti-feat, but I think all of those can be dismissed on account of them being so low, Spongebob wouldn't even be capable of going about his day to day life as he does in any episode ever. And ant-feats that aren't for gags like him being restrained by shackles is fine, but anti-feats are also bound to occur for any character. So if he has several feats or scales in LS to characters who are consistently above being restrained by shackles or anti-feats of that level, then I've no problem with ignoring the anti-feats in favor of them. I would recommend getting calculations though. I've seen a lot of crazy feats throughout the series, so I imagine it can't be that hard.

Unless there’s evidence those are magic super metal shackles it’s just an anti-feat.
Now that I think about it, did the person in the scan you shared personally know anything about SpongeBob? I have vague memories about this particular one. And if he did, that just means it was just through simple preparation and not necessarily an anti-feat. And in any case, this is literally what happens in fiction 90% of the time when a character gets captured

Although I also agree that the line thing is not LS.

Anti made in such a cartoon with toon force I don't know how to deal. Because unlike some more serious series where this type of thing would just be an inconsistency or something, in this type of cartoon it's just for the joke.

Probably many verses based on this would have many inconsistencies.

Dude lives in a pineapple tho.
Cool. Still an anti-feat.
The verse is not bound by our bloody laws. We literally see not only them, but every object remain intact from black holes that destroyed the universe in the Patrick Star Show, have their planets be massive AF, and in case you whine alot about objects being smoll: The cars themselves are far more durable/heavier despite the size.

It's shameful and disappointing that the "Majority" are denying this in the most simplest of terms.

Last edited:
Not sure what consensus is trying to be reached with the anti-feat
Pretty sure people are just trying to find a more reasonable rating than Universal, which only has one (invalid) feat. Not sure what rating exactly, though, until other calcs are brought up.

Now that I think about it, did the person in the scan you shared personally know anything about SpongeBob? I have vague memories about this particular one. And if he did, that just means it was just through simple preparation and not necessarily an anti-feat.
This logic wouldn't make it not an anti-feat.
And in any case, this is literally what happens in fiction 90% of the time when a character gets captured
Still an anti-feat. Not sure why people keep saying that as if it erases what happened.

The verse is not bound by our bloody laws. We literally see not only them, but every object remain intact from black holes that destroyed the universe in the Patrick Star Show, have their planets be massive AF, and in case you whine alot about objects being smoll: The cars themselves are far more durable despite the size.

It's shameful and disappointing that the "Majority" are denying this in the most simplest of terms.
bUt He CoUlD bE sHoVeD iNtO a TrUmPeT iN bAnD GeEkS

Something tells me this thread's about to derail, so I want to again mention that we're here to discuss replacing the outdated rating with something more consistent, not go back and forth about the "small verse = 10-C!!" argument.

This logic wouldn't make it not an anti-feat.
You just dodged the question, did the person know anything about SpongeBob before capturing him before this happened in the scan? And with that logic, I guess every person who utilized in Preparation against someone who is usually this strong is always an anti-feat

Pretty sure people are just trying to find a more reasonable rating than Universal, which only has one (invalid) feat. Not sure what rating exactly, though, until other calcs are brought up.
Seems fine by me. I had mixed feelings about the Universe feat. That said, I feel gag anti-feats are being brought up too much when some of these anti-feats are so hilariously low that most episodes wouldn't be able to play out. I think any anti-feat that wouldn't make Spongebob's day-to-day life impossible would be fair game as anti-feats though. Such as the steel restraints. Though of course I'll be in favor of any LS feat above it granted that it's calculated and not via hax.

Something tells me this thread's about to derail.
Has it not already from these skewed points? Lets leave the rating as is, the verse is not like ours anyways.
so I want to again mention that we're here to discuss replacing the outdated rating with something more consistent, not go back and forth about the "small verse = 10-C!!" argument.
There are others who will reply/say otherwse anyways.

You just dodged the question, did the person know anything about SpongeBob before capturing him before this happened in the scan?
Go watch the episode and find out. Since this is pretty irrelevant I don't feel the need to answer this.
And with that logic, I guess every person who utilized in Preparation against someone who is usually this strong is always an anti-feat
Are you arguing all Preparation is equal or something?

Tying someone up in a chair is a bit different from Batman throwing together some Anti-Superman tech that negates his strength.

Last edited:
Go watch the episode and find out. Since this isn't irrelevant I don't feel the need to answer this.
I've seen clips of when they've met, and it seems like Udon has barely even knows SpongeBob. I guess the anti-feat here makes sense
Are you arguing all Preparation is equal or something?

Tying someone up in a chair is a bit different from Batman throwing together some Anti-Superman tech that negates his strength.
Because Preparation has different means, and what's mostly important about that is that you need to know the person's capabilities in good detail in order to use or create what's necessary against them. And in that example you gave, Batman clearly knows Supes capabilities, I would go into more detail, but that would just be derailing.

I have no idea what this thread has devolved into
Well if we are downgrading the lifting strength, I'd suggest some feats for a better rating
I think the metal wall feat would be unironically Class K
There are others coming here to counter these points anyways, hopefully by tomorrow. It's getting late where I am, and I'm not in a mood for this shit.

The episode established that the string connects to everything in the universe and composes it, so the string weighs as much as the universe because everything in it is the string. Since SpongeBob was constantly lifting and tugging the string like it was nothing, he was quite literally supporting the weight of the universe.
That just sounds like a stretch.
Not to mention he's not on that level consistently at all. Why are we ignoring all of his other low end showings and anti-feats?

No, there were points already made making this wrong on so many angles anyways.
He has small size on the profile...
The verse is not bound by our bloody laws. We literally see not only them, but every object remain intact from black holes that destroyed the universe in the Patrick Star Show, have their planets be massive AF, and in case you whine alot about objects being smoll: The cars themselves are far more durable/heavier despite the size.
First off, "surviving a black hole" isn't a dura feat, it's a resistance (not a dura feat would be relevant here), secondly, they definitely don't seem to survive that, given that it cuts to a parallel universe. (This is also a FTL antifeat, by the way!)
Also this, as I forgot to properly define what I meant by 'Rule of Funny' as a reason
Believe it or not Tv Tropes isn't an accepted source of information here. (And if it was it discounts any and all showings, not just the ones you dislike)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back