• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mods he said cuss word, crush his balls.
genuinely gonna start taking shots for every whataboutism brought up here
That sounds like a one-way trip straight to the hospital if you're using alcohol.

Also, I VEHEMENTLY disagree with any Varies rating, you do not get that kind of freedom without an in-verse mechanism explaining it.

That sounds like a one-way trip straight to the hospital if you're using alcohol.

Also, I VEHEMENTLY disagree with any Varies rating, you do not get that kind of freedom without an in-verse mechanism explaining it.
Like toon force? Or should we just calc every feat and then divide them and take the mean? Or maybe take the median feat.

You don't need to go that far, but you do need to find a rating that is consistent, obviously there's gonna be feats above and below but y'know, something that has a decent amount of good feats and isn't high enough to look ridiculous when juxtaposed with most of the verse's portrayal.

As a diehard SpongeBob fan and wanker, I think I'm leaning towards agreeing with the downgrade.

Obviously a lot of the lower end outliers (failing to lift plushies, stick with two marshmallows, etc.) should be thrown out due to how they contradict the basic premise of the show (that he is a fry cook that needs to flip patties), but Universal lifting strength is so far out of anything else in the show that its kinda ridiculous.

As for a feat to calc, might I suggest using the time Squidward and SpongeBob pulled a ship and an anchor respectively?

There's some spongebob guidebook stuff which places cast at quite normal human sizes so that would massively increase size of everything but I don't have that and it would be for another CRT.
I mean the series itself says he's 4'', I don't think that'd overturn it

He has small size on the profile...
I have already shown countless times that small objects do not matter, one of the cars they used even knocked out a cow to the moon or everything surviving black holes into alternative universe somehow.

Stop ignoring these points, I'm tired of waking up and dealing with people like you everyday, these lies.
First off, "surviving a black hole" isn't a dura feat, it's a resistance (not a dura feat would be relevant here), secondly, they definitely don't seem to survive that, given that it cuts to a parallel universe.
(This is also a FTL antifeat, by the way!)
Dude just stop talking, you have not been paying attention, you're points are low down awful, straight up I'm sorry.

As a diehard SpongeBob fan and wanker, I think I'm leaning towards agreeing with the downgrade.

Obviously a lot of the lower end outliers (failing to lift plushies, stick with two marshmallows, etc.) should be thrown out due to how they contradict the basic premise of the show (that he is a fry cook that needs to flip patties), but Universal lifting strength is so far out of anything else in the show that its kinda ridiculous.
They will keep on mentioning it blindly, despite how contradictory into its own self it is.
As for a feat to calc, might I suggest using the time Squidward and SpongeBob pulled a ship and an anchor respectively?
There are better feats then this anyways.

Stop ignoring these points, I'm tired of waking up and dealing with people like you everyday, these lies.

Dude just stop talking, you have not been paying attention, you're points are low down awful, straight up I'm sorry.
Listen, I don't know why you're getting so pissed off about people disagreeing regarding the ratings of a children's cartoon, but it's pretty inexcusable conduct and you've been doing it for a decent while so keep this up and I'm just going to thread-ban you and/or report you.

Last edited:
Btw while I'm neutral on the LS downgrade itself, If this CRT goes through I think Bob and others should get an Unknown LS until there's a calc or something that decides a new LS for them.

Listen, I don't know why you're getting so pissed off about people disagreeing regarding the ratings of a children's cartoon, but it's pretty inexcusable conduct so keep this up and I just thread-ban you and/or report you.
Well let's see...

You keep ignoring feats that establishes something for once (I.E: FTL "Outlier" when in reality he's done this so many god damn times, this is what you want shown: CONSISTENCY) even though I already labelled my points, plus the world of SB is NOT LIKE OURS and even with the "Oh but its smoll" excuse cannot work when one of these smoll objects can push a heavy weight like a car or a rocket as showcased...

You even said the BH feat isn't dura but resistance (Which is beyond absurd as it is considering the MANY BH FEATS THIS SITE HAS CALCULATED), when in the episode they referenced the fact it happened they just ended up in alternative universe from it. It will get frustrating.

I see it here the whole time and it ain't just you that I had a radar on now, though I seen you doing this for many years, that's how bad it is and it's time you actually get called out for it.

Alright, I wasn't even saying half of that but, if that's how it's gonna be.

Yeah if SpongeBob has no feats even BEGINNING to approach uni LS then that shit needs to be downgraded, as for this...
... wym? We're talking about him unraveling a universe by pulling a string composing said universe.

This seemed like something discussed and eventually accepted through various discussion/crt threads awhile ago at this point.
Okay so cool, all of SpongeBob high ends are also Rule of Funny and we turn all of his stats to Unknown
Also, that is pretty wild that you come into the thread saying you reject any Rule of Funny feats while tacitly suggesting you accept any Rule of Funny anti-feats.

You might as well just say 'well I don't like this series so downgrade it' at that point xD

... wym? We're talking about him unraveling a universe by pulling a string composing said universe.
The string is hax, is it not? It's listed as Existance Erasure, something erasing the universe wouldn't be the same mass as it.
Also, that is pretty wild that you come into the thread saying you reject any Rule of Funny feats while tacitly suggesting you accept any Rule of Funny anti-feats.

You might as well just say 'well I don't like this series so downgrade it' at that point xD
No one said anything even close to that.

This seemed like something discussed and eventually accepted through various discussion/crt threads awhile ago at this point.
Basing his entire tier on one single feat sounds like a really bad idea.

Basing his entire tier on one single feat sounds like a really bad idea.
I'm not even a supporter of the verse, or that knowledgeable. It just seems that a basic look over of his page and verse shows his main tiering isn't universal. There are various pieces of consistent evidence for Multi-Solar System and Galaxy level being his main tierings, and most importantly:
Something tells me this thread's about to derail, so I want to again mention that we're here to discuss replacing the outdated rating with something more consistent, not go back and forth about the "small verse = 10-C!!" argument.
Like Shmooply said earlier, we're talking about Lifting Strength, not tiering in this thread. His tiering is based on a number of things, and we're only discussing a stat/feat based on one of those 'via hax.'
The string is hax, is it not? It's listed as Existance Erasure, something erasing the universe wouldn't be the same mass as it.
It is hax, but he still has to physically carry and pull the string for it to work. The string itself unravels the universe through the pulling.
No one said anything even close to that.
You can see who I replied to, right?

Do you know how many ******* zeroes there are between Class Z and Universal LS? Let's go high-end Class Z for you, 21 zeroes going by tons, you wanna know how many zeroes there are for Uni? 500. this is not what you call a small outlier.

I honest to God don't care, there comes a point where feats on BOTH ENDS need to be dismissed as outliers. Uni LS is one of them, and so is being unable to lift basic shit.

I honest to God don't care, there comes a point where feats on BOTH ENDS need to be dismissed as outliers. Uni LS is one of them, and so is being unable to lift basic shit.
Okay so cool, all of SpongeBob high ends are also Rule of Funny and we turn all of his stats to Unknown
No offense, but you're pretty explicitly engaging in a false dichotomy here, and it's clear you have partiality coming in the thread to dismiss the feat.

You say 'both ends' should be dismissed, but the feat in question, the subject matter of this thread, has been the subject of various threads before being accepted and used.

The feat alone is well established and explained already. As we've established earlier on in this thread as well, characters and their tierings aren't based on anti feats: Characters like Kratos and Goku were brought up, and rightly not downplayed for their 'anti-feats.' Obviously, actual feats matters much more to the character and their tiering. The practicality of saying that both feat and anti-feat are equally 'invalid' here only serves to invalidate the actual feat rather than be 'fair' and invalidate the sporadic anti-feats mentioned.

The practical outcome of 'both ends' being dismissed is the feat being dismissed.
Do you know how many ***** zeroes there are between Class Z and Universal LS? Let's go high-end Class Z for you, 21 zeroes going by tons, you wanna know how many zeroes there are for Uni? 500. this is not what you call a small outlier.
Also, I don't know how to tell you, but the string did unravel the universe. Again, I suggest looking into the various threads on the matter, and his character page where this is clearly explained.

Last edited:
No offense, but you're pretty explicitly engaging in a false dichotomy here, and it's clear you have partiality coming in the thread to dismiss the feat.

You say 'both ends' should be dismissed, but the feat in question, the subject matter of this thread, has been the subject of various threads before being accepted and used.

The feat alone is well established and explained already. As we've established earlier on in this thread as well, characters and their tierings aren't based on anti feats: Characters like Kratos and Goku were brought up, and rightly not downplayed for their 'anti-feats.' Obviously, actual feats matters much more to the character and their tiering. The practicality of saying that both feat and anti-feat are equally 'invalid' here only serves to invalidate the actual feat rather than be 'fair' and invalidate the sporadic anti-feats mentioned.

The practical outcome of 'both ends' being dismissed is the feat being dismissed.

Also, I don't know how to tell you, but the string did unravel the universe. Again, I suggest looking into the various threads on the matter, and his character page where this is clearly explained.
I don't give a damn about other threads, I'm here in this one, and being blunt with you and saying it's a horrific outlier. If you don't like that I disagree as you stick with your referenceless SpongeBob profiles then I don't know what to tell you.

And yes, I am taking a shot at the fact that not a damn thing on those profiles has references despite high stats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back