• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that's good and proper enough.

Would also calcing the feat with the trash be worth it? Oh thought you were calcing the one with the bolt. Ok then it makes sense.

He also supported the weight of all the planet's oceans in Reef Blower
Ah shit, here I go again 😔😔 man I already have a bunch of SU calcs needing to be evaluated lol

Which episode and scene? Not sure how to go about the wrench one ngl. Would I just use the wrench-turn which turned the planet the most?

I have a problem with removing Universal LS though, as without it how would SpongeBob even be able to move the string if he doesn't have the LS required to move the mass of the universe?

Because it's clear that LS is involved in the feat too, not just hax.
That's also my view. It's not like he created a pocket dimension or erased it. He pulled the string holding the whole universe like tapestry and held it. It's literally a character holding the universe in a different form.

So basically removing the LS would lead to removing the 3-A tier and the extremely high MFTL+ speed rating, as without the LS the feat just isn't possible in the first place.

It's not like you can eat the cake and then keep it, because you have to think about also the implications of what are you planning to do.

Unfortunately that feat is more likely Class T considering Bikini Bottom is based on Bikini Atoll, which would only amount to around 37 billion cubic meters of water
Probably lower given it's only the planet's water, but still worth it. Isn't the first verse I've come across in need of LS feats.
I have a problem with removing Universal LS though, as without it how would SpongeBob even be able to move the string if he doesn't have the LS required to move the mass of the universe?

Because it's clear that LS is involved in the feat too, not just hax.
That's also my view.
I think I said it earlier, but it probably bears repeating: Even though it's technically hax in function (Existence Erasure, Reality Warping), it explicitly works through the physical nature of the string. Spongebob pulls the string physically, and physically unravels the universe, then looping up the string and carrying it. Also again, something that's been largely established in multiple threads prior before being accepted on the wiki to begin with.

Regardless, it doesn't hurt to be doing supporting feats for his more common tierings of 4-A to 3-C.

That's also my view. It's not like he created a pocket dimension or erased it. He pulled the string holding the whole universe like tapestry and held it. It's literally a character holding the universe in a different form.
That's basically what I said but it got brushed off as "nah it sounds stretchy". It's a string that connects to and consists of the entire universe, not a generic tiny string

Regardless though, I'm, again, fine with the planetary lifting strength proposals

Alright, it's time I do the carrying-a-reef-blower-full-of-the-ocean-on-his-back feat first, then go for the wrench rotating the planet one. For consistency sake.

Alright, it's time I do the carrying-a-reef-blower-full-of-the-ocean-on-his-back feat first, then go for the wrench rotating the planet one. For consistency sake.
So...

Carrying the Ocean on one's back without much problem. Just about a Class Z feat. Not much to argue there unless you want to take it up with the Ocean.

Another Stellar level Kinetic Energy feat thanks in large part due to speed (Sub-Relativistic), his immensely small size, and how casual it was. This time I caught erroneous math in advance.

Good news for you anti-spongebob enjoyers though, is that the fluid pressure calculation was Class M.

Bad news is that it involved far more complicated math. Which, a) I'm not educated in the branch of physics known as dimensional analysis where this would be taught, and far from an expert on this kind of formula/science, b) There was a far greater chance I messed up the math somewhere, somehow, and c) I'd think it's far less usable than the other two stats found for reasons listed in the conclusion:

That somehow taking the force of the ocean expanding to cover the 71% of the earth it normally does in two seconds (again, Sub-Relativistic) at point blank on your back, only pushing you 0.3768 meters, would somehow require less lifting strength than carrying it on your back to begin with by four entire levels.

As said there too, I'm really not trying to, or have any interest in wanking the sponge: Just seems the sponge does, in fact, at minimum have Class Z, and has some consistency with the Stellar level LS.

This thread got quite aggressive for a Spongebob downgrade.

Either way, I do think it's pretty silly to accept the high-end gags as feats but dismiss all the low-end ones, at least the low-ends are often jokes about how weak he is, while you can't tell me with a straight face him flipping the screen is meant to be a shown of strength in any way. Both ends are not consistent, because it's a comedy cartoon and trying to pin a consistent power level is an exercise in madness.

This thread got quite aggressive for a Spongebob downgrade.
Yeah tensions rose pretty high. People really care about downgrading Spongebob, from either side of the issue.
Either way, I do think it's pretty silly to accept the high-end gags as feats but dismiss all the low-end ones, at least the low-ends are often jokes about how weak he is, while you can't tell me with a straight face him flipping the screen is meant to be a shown of strength in any way. Both ends are not consistent, because it's a comedy cartoon and trying to pin a consistent power level is an exercise in madness.
As we were talking about earlier in the thread, verses/characters aren't really tiered with regard to their potential anti-feats.

They're tiered on what they are shown to be capable of. Often times, anti-feats are mighty unrepresentative for a metric ton of reasons. The two most notable reasons that came up was video game mechanics, and plot contrivances/inconsistent writing amid otherwise consistent writing:

The former of which would make a character like Kratos seem far lower in tiering than he's obviously capable of reaching as shown and explicitly stated in lore.

The latter leads to a moment like Kid Goku easily taking pistol bullets without damage, and similarly uzi fire without being meaningfully damaged, in both instances not knowing about the firearm (essentially taken off guard) and before even knowing about ki control (physically tanking the bullets), yet Super Goku getting scratched and mildly hurt by a bullet well into an engagement with regular humans for the (plot) purpose of him getting back to training with Whis.

Both characters are comfortably 2-C, and shouldn't be discounted or otherwise downgraded for these reasons that we can easily understand to be unrepresentative.

In that regard, I do agree that trying to 'balance' out the ends would be unproductive, and an exercise in madness. That's why like with other verses and characters, it makes more sense to just focus on the upper end of what they're capable of, and not the granular examples of their failings we could likely inevitably find within any fiction.

Besides, this ocean feat in particular actually comes before basically all of the anti-feats one could possibly list, being the first episode after the pilot, and originally named 'Pilot Extension' as such.

Also, what is the screen flipping in reference to?

I seriously can't believe we are talking about feats and anti-feats in a gag show. The strenght is all over the place to create interesting and fun episodes. If the episode would be fun because Spongebob could rotate the planet then that's what gonna happen and the same stands for Spongebob not being able to lift his clothes. Any attempt to place him in a tier would be going against the context of the show and the meaning of gag series. Better to just break his feats up with the different portrayals like low-end, high-end etc.

I seriously can't believe we are talking about feats and anti-feats in a gag show. The strenght is all over the place to create interesting and fun episodes. If the episode would be fun because Spongebob could rotate the planet then that's what gonna happen and the same stands for Spongebob not being able to lift his clothes. Any attempt to place him in a tier would be going against the context of the show and the meaning of gag series. Better to just break his feats up with the different portrayals like low-end, high-end etc.
I just disagree with this sentiment.

The idea that being a 'gag verse' immediately disqualifies it from discussion and/or consideration is both arbitrary, and unnecessary. The context of the show being based on gags is what specifically allows for crazy feats like Spongebob carrying the ocean as early as episode 1b, or rotating the planet just to pick up litter later. Someone somewhere is eventually going to think about these kinds of things coming up, and even as a joke think 'damn that was kind of crazy he could do that.'

The 'meaning' of a gag series being primarily about humor also doesn't change much: There are plenty of primarily 'serious' verses with humor/gags interspersed constantly into or surrounding action/feats. There are plenty of moments in One Piece where Luffy wildly exceeds the expectations of his opponents and/or onlookers to humorous effect, or similarly does something incredibly unorthodox in the face of what is expected that either directly works to his advantage, or indirectly does due to how derailing it can be for his opponent (also sometimes to humorous effect).

Serious verses can also have parodies that bring humor to the serious verse abroad while maintaining the integrity of its power. For this, DC comes to my mind: Namely the insane power level of Doom Patrol in both the TV series and Comics despite how much humor (at least within the TV series) is used. More relevant to parody, the Harley Quinn animated show parodies plenty of popular DC characters and norms through how they are typically or subversively portrayed, the jokes not just being 'x character is weaker here.' The show often involves obscure characters with otherwise absurd power levels or hax like Queen of Fables as well to show the absurdity of power both in the parody show, and outside it in the more 'serious' portrayals of the verse.

Overall, I just think we should treat them as we do other characters/verses regardless of whatever 'box' we could put them in with regard to genre or 'seriousness.'

I just disagree with this sentiment.

The idea that being a 'gag verse' immediately disqualifies it from discussion and/or consideration is both arbitrary, and unnecessary. The context of the show being based on gags is what specifically allows for crazy feats like Spongebob carrying the ocean as early as episode 1b, or rotating the planet just to pick up litter later. Someone somewhere is eventually going to think about these kinds of things coming up, and even as a joke think 'damn that was kind of crazy he could do that.'

The 'meaning' of a gag series being primarily about humor also doesn't change much: There are plenty of primarily 'serious' verses with humor/gags interspersed constantly into or surrounding action/feats. There are plenty of moments in One Piece where Luffy wildly exceeds the expectations of his opponents and/or onlookers to humorous effect, or similarly does something incredibly unorthodox in the face of what is expected that either directly works to his advantage, or indirectly does due to how derailing it can be for his opponent (also sometimes to humorous effect).

Serious verses can also have parodies that bring humor to the serious verse abroad while maintaining the integrity of its power. For this, DC comes to my mind: Namely the insane power level of Doom Patrol in both the TV series and Comics despite how much humor (at least within the TV series) is used. More relevant to parody, the Harley Quinn animated show parodies plenty of popular DC characters and norms through how they are typically or subversively portrayed, the jokes not just being 'x character is weaker here.' The show often involves obscure characters with otherwise absurd power levels or hax like Queen of Fables as well to show the absurdity of power both in the parody show, and outside it in the more 'serious' portrayals of the verse.

Overall, I just think we should treat them as we do other characters/verses regardless of whatever 'box' we could put them in with regard to genre or 'seriousness.'
I don't necessarily agree with this but I get where you are coming from.

Yeah no. Containing a pocket reality is not Lifting Strength.
Just a little derail, idk how this dude got it

God of War is very important for Spongebob scaling, I swear

Jokes aside, I think this guy has it due to (being in a pantheon of characters) transcending typical spacetime as we know it entirely. Though not a package deal, it's common for characters transcending infinite timelines to get outrageous stats once they're also operating on 5-6 or more spatial dimensions (at least Low 1-C).

Also, it depends on the pocket dimension. Some can be shockingly small. The smallest I've aware of that is accepted on the wiki, and for tiering is Building size for a Fnaf entity. Pocket dimensions often aren't small in fiction, but it can depend.

What was the pocket dimension being referred to again? Spongebob's brain with starry skies? There's a few instances of alternate/pocket dimensions in Spongebob as far as I know.

Also, now that I'm reminded of this thread, how do yall think is the proper approach to calculating the wrench feat?

I assume something similar for the litter pick up, but like, would I try and calculate each turn? 😅

You do realize he contains the whole infinite universe within himself right? He also scales to atlas and Hercules.

So, would I use all the turns of the wrench together (the full 360), or try to find each individual turn?

In the case of the former, it's probably not representative given he pauses a few times. That said, if it'd be acceptable to only use the frames that he starts turning, to when he stops turning for each turn, that would probably be more accurate.

In the case of the latter, it would probably yield far more 'consistency' given most of the turns are relative to each other.

Should I just do both anyways given I'd be finding the frames each time he starts and stops turning lmao

God of War is very important for Spongebob scaling, I swear

Jokes aside, I think this guy has it due to (being in a pantheon of characters) transcending typical spacetime as we know it entirely. Though not a package deal, it's common for characters transcending infinite timelines to get outrageous stats once they're also operating on 5-6 or more spatial dimensions (at least Low 1-C).
No, Uranus has Immeasurable LS via power-scaling to other fellow Primordials (Who actually dwarf space-times altogether and have it embedded as a tiny part of their body), otherwise, the infinite universe inside his chin would've only granted him Infinite LS.

Also, it depends on the pocket dimension. Some can be shockingly small. The smallest I've aware of that is accepted on the wiki, and for tiering is Building size for a Fnaf entity. Pocket dimensions often aren't small in fiction, but it can depend.
The Mortal Universe that Uranus contained in his chin is infinite in size.

What was the pocket dimension being referred to again? Spongebob's brain with starry skies? There's a few instances of alternate/pocket dimensions in Spongebob as far as I know.
If it is a pocket dimension embedded as a small part of their body, it qualifies for LS, but last I remember, that was reserved for 3-A and above, and only if it was embedded as a tiny part of your body or similar. Situations that wouldn't qualify would be being the timeline itself, like Infinite Zamasu.

And yeah, I'd rather we didn't do whataboutism here. GoW operates on massively different mechanics than Spongebob.

No, Uranus has Immeasurable LS via power-scaling to other fellow Primordials (Who actually dwarf space-times altogether and have it embedded as a tiny part of their body), otherwise, the infinite universe inside his chin would've only granted him Infinite LS.
I assumed they dwarf space-times altogether through said Low 1-C transcendence. I could have been more specific, I suppose.

Still, good distinction and general rule to know (containing 3-A structure and up correlating to LS).
If it is a pocket dimension embedded as a small part of their body, it qualifies for LS, but last I remember, that was reserved for 3-A and above, and only if it was embedded as a tiny part of your body. Situations that wouldn't qualify would be being the timeline itself, like Infinite Zamasu.

And yeah, I'd rather we didn't do whataboutism here. GoW operates on massively different mechanics than Spongebob.
Working on that wrench Spongebob calc, yeah.

Finally started it a few days ago. Much harder than the first two, and have been putting it off a bit. Also, the first two need to be properly evaluated at some point lol

I assumed they dwarf space-times altogether through said Low 1-C transcendence. I could have been more specific, I suppose.
They're 4D beings with 5D power. Their magics are 5D in potency. Being infinitely bigger than space-times no longer grants Low 1-C or 5D as per a recent CRT but that's not what their Tier 1 ratings hinge on anyway.

How is this 6 pages? This is a very simple proposal

I agree with the downgrade. The string is absolutely not LS applicable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back