• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

((SPOILERS)) Deltarune Chapter 2 Upgrades/Additions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno if that statement is trustworthy, right after saying he's got thrice the firepower he says he's got twice the waterpower and that doesn't really mean anything
Probably a joke on the word "fire power". I mean, it makes perfect sense. 3x the power is not enough to one shot something (by our standards), but it's enough to overwhelm the weaker member. Going by the damage number alone, Kris and co would completely overwhelm Chapter 1 Enemies.

Probably a joke on the word "fire power". I mean, it makes perfect sense. 3x the power is not enough to one shot something (by our standards), but it's enough to overwhelm the weaker member. Going by the damage number alone, Kris and co would completely overwhelm Chapter 1 Enemies.
... I know it's a joke, but it's not a joke Spamton is making, his entire character is spouting random bullshit, so he probably believed it when he said that, which casts doubt on the statement.

... I know it's a joke, but it's not a joke Spamton is making, his entire character is spouting random bullshit, so he probably believed it when he said that, which casts doubt on the statement.
I see, that is fair, but he is significantly stronger in this form, so his statement isn't far fetched at all. a "possibly" is still an option here, no?

@Psychomaster35 and @KingPin0422

Hey, about Jevil's calc, the formula King used is to explosions that happen mid-air, these happen on the ground, and they didn't divide the result by 2 due to it not being nuclear.

They should use:
"For explosions that happen on the ground, we use this formula: W = R^3*((27136*P+8649)^(1/2)/13568-93/13568)^2, where W is the yield in tons of TNT, R is the radius in meters, and P is the shockwave pressure in bars, where we generally use 1.37895 bars or 20 psi of pressure."

A-hem, doing so,

W = 2.486^3*((27136*1.37895+8649)^(1/2)/13568-93/13568)^2 = 0.00123477801 Tons, roughly 1.8x the original result; you don't need to divide it by 2 with this formula according to the link above.

Honestly you could argue it should not be considered an explosion at all, personally idc to but eh

But it is true, it does happen on the ground so that should be how it's done

Btw, non-staff can't ping people, want me to do it?

Honestly you could argue it should not be considered an explosion at all, personally idc to but eh
We still have Lancer's feat, and a lot of new explosions in Ch 2, so yeah, we should probably discard this.
Btw, non-staff can't ping people, want me to do it?
Le OOF,
I didn't know that, please do it. I only pinged them here because they're already participating on the thread

You should make it clear that the first key doesn't have those P&A. Also I think going into what her equipment does might be helpful.

The profile never links to any calculation/profile for her stats, which should definitely be done.

Also I don't think ESP is an actual ability of hers, The Player has shown the ability to control others (Such as Susie in chapter 1) so clearly their influence isn't limited to Kris.

Durability Negation also just seems like AP to me.

Rest seems good
I have applied these suggestions and made other improvements to the sandbox. Now I just need:
  • Scans/References
  • Standard Tactics
  • A calc for dodging Tasque's meows (if it's a usable feat)
  • A calc for a better explosive attack to use (if Final Chaos is rejected)

Durability Negation also just seems like AP to me.
Why do you feel this way? After Spamton Neo powers up his DEF with his Blue Aura, Kris was doing fractions of what they would normally, & Noelle did MULTIPLE TENS OF TIMES more than that.
So either we assume Weird Route Noelle somehow got out of bed after being unwell, & was hundreds of times stronger (Spamton's DEF was statedly higher, & the damage he took from physical attacks was tens of times lower, yet Noelle did nearly 700 per hit to him.), or we assume that her Ice Magic Durability Negated him?
I updated the sandbox profile with suggestions from Imaginym as well as my own reasoning. Further feedback would be appreciated.
I feel awkward, bringing up yet another weakness of Noelle's, but....
Isn't she shown to be very afraid of mice? She says she gets over it, but nonetheless, the chapter shows her afraid enough that she shrieks (I think? Interpreting the sound effect.) & jumps a great distance in the air.
I have applied these suggestions and made other improvements to the sandbox. Now I just need:
  • Scans/References
What of? (I assume the Deltarune Fandom Wiki's gallery of Noelle's battle animations ain't useful here.)
  • Standard Tactics
Personality-wise, Noelle is shy & often too meek; It should speak volumes about the volume she speaks when ALPHYS has to tell her to speak up. She also seems to have trauma over the word "December", since that seems to be the full name of her sister.
She does seem to be kind, & a good friend; Has regularly given pencils to Kris.

Noelle, when entering a battle, jumps in fright, & shrieks. (She also has a reaction for when she takes damage, but I don't recall what it is.) On Weird/Snowgrave Route, she doesn't appear to react; The wind just blows her hair & clothes forward briefly.
When attacking physically, she turns away, covers one eye. & waves the other arm frantically, in the direction she's looking away from. On Weird/Snowgrave Route, she mimics casting a spell with her hands.
When Defending, she turns away, with her back to the enemy's side of battlefield, & has both eyes closed & covered with her hands. On Weird/Snowgrave, she creates a seemingly mostly vertical ice wall/shield in front of herself.
When using the ACT TakeCareX (Dressing up as a hospital worker with a tray of stuff.), she falls over. Weird/SnowGrave Route does not fall over.
When winning a battle, she breathes a sigh of relief. In Weird/SnowGrave Route, she surrounds herself with a blue, snowglobe-like aura, & appears to pray.

Based on her getting a tutorial from "You" & "Virovirokun", her understanding of battling on Pacifist Route is winning thorugh Mercy by being nice. AFAIK, beyond that, she follows the player's commands.
She seems to have some kind of previous experience with RPGs, since she's played Dragon Blazers III far enough to have beaten it, & is waiting to complete it with her dad. Notably, the Weird Route influences her decision-making; She suggests using IceShock (Implying that the spell she uses in the Dark World is one she copied from DBIII.) when playing it with her dad, Rudy, in the hospital.
Weird/Snowgrave Route is more controlling of the game she plays with Rudy, and suggests using IceShock on the Ice Palace boss (in comparison to suggesting Fireshock or Blaze Potions against Fire enemies in the normal route).

Similarly, her behaviour on that route has her eventually end up doing stuff like freezing the final puzzle of her own volition, after how the previous puzzles went, & asks if they should go find some more enemies. When asked about her behaviour, she justifies her actions with the reason of "getting stronger".

Pardon all the words, please.

Why do you feel this way? After Spamton Neo powers up his DEF with his Blue Aura, Kris was doing fractions of what they would normally, & Noelle did MULTIPLE TENS OF TIMES more than that.
So either we assume Weird Route Noelle somehow got out of bed after being unwell, & was hundreds of times stronger (Spamton's DEF was statedly higher, & the damage he took from physical attacks was tens of times lower, yet Noelle did nearly 700 per hit to him.), or we assume that her Ice Magic Durability Negated him?
That's what we call an outlier for the sake of the narrative. If that was the case, Noelle could effectively one shot any given enemy regardless of HP or DEF, which effectively is not the case.

Wait wasnt implied that noelle did go in a killing spree after he killed berdly? that would explain why even weakened can still OHKO spamton neo even after the defense buff
She says she doesn't feel good, & that she's going home. Queen mentioned Noelle's in no condition to help her [Queen] now, & that she needs rest. I doubt she went on a killing spree.
That's what we call an outlier for the sake of the narrative. If that was the case, Noelle could effectively one shot any given enemy regardless of HP or DEF, which effectively is not the case.
How do we know it wasn't Spamton Neo specifically? X-Slash is statedly physical, & is the same means of attack as the sword slash for the FIGHT command Spamton Neo was taking 10 damage from, whereas Noelle's Attacks are statedly Magic.
& Noelle gets progressively stronger throughout the Weird/SnowGrave route; Later on, I'm pretty sure she can OHKO enemies with IceShock.

Heck, look at that very video you linked. The first enemy she IceShocks, an Ambyu-Lance, takes 190 damage & is still alive, unfrozen. Later on, she's doing nearly twice that to Ambyu-Lances, & freezing them in one hit; Noelle did get stronger, & actually DOES start one-shotting them.

I'd presumes it's that she ignores durability, she just doesn't have sufficient AP to OHKO them early on, despite ignoring their Defense, but as she gets stronger, she does have the AP to one-shot.

How do we know it wasn't Spamton Neo specifically? X-Slash is statedly physical, & is the same means of attack as the sword slash for the FIGHT command Spamton Neo was taking 10 damage from, whereas Noelle's Attacks are statedly Magic.
& Noelle gets progressively stronger throughout the Weird/SnowGrave route; Later on, I'm pretty sure she can OHKO enemies with IceShock.
But that refutes the entire premise of she being able to do it because of Durability Negation. The only reason to believe that was because she did so nuch damage to Spamton, and now you're arguing it's a special case? It's a bit contradictory, and goes against your point, don't you think?

Still, addressing the argument itself, we have no reason to believe Spamton NEO specifically had a weakness to ice. We see how the Defense Stat tanks both Magic and Physical attack. Noelle's Damage is an outlier for the sake of the narrative, and that's that.
Heck, look at that very video you linked. The first enemy she IceShocks, an Ambyu-Lance, takes 190 damage & is still alive, unfrozen. Later on, she's doing nearly twice that to Ambyu-Lances, & freezing them in one hit; Noelle did get stronger, & actually DOES start one-shotting them.

I'd presumes it's that she ignores durability, she just doesn't have sufficient AP to OHKO them early on, despite ignoring their Defense, but as she gets stronger, she does have the AP to one-shot.
Durability Negation has zero relation to AP. If she can freeze them by bypassing their resistance, her AP should have zero bearings on whether she freezes them or not.
this just shows thay defense does matter, as that's how Magic-Defense relationships work in Deltarune

That just means she hit him harder.
Yeah. Her whole thing by now is that she grows stronger the more she kills and that she's basically in a trance during combat so her physical health isn't really important considering she already harms herself constantly in a fight.

Plus it was clearly more of a mental unwell sort of thing, with her having killed her friend and all, and if anything her being in a poor mental state makes her stronger. This is supported by the fact that Susie was able to talk to her and she felt better after being told it was a dream. She even knows Susie has a tail which implies they did the ferris wheel ride.

The fact that IceShock doesn't immediately kill Ambyu-Lance is evidence that it's not duraneg bruh.

Either way, we know for a fact Noelle gets stronger as she kills, and we have no reason to assume this is an exception, so it's stupid to assume it to be an outlier.
Pardon all the words, please.
You really should learn to summarize a little, it makes reading debates you were a part of slower than it should be. Just saying for future reference. The "standard tactics" summary is also wordy to the point of being unusable imo

Either way, we know for a fact Noelle gets stronger as she kills, and we have no reason to assume this is an exception, so it's stupid to assume it to be an outlier.
Not really, it is still an outlier even considering her Accelerated Development. On the last fight, she does 250 damage tops with IceShock, and Spamton NEO, with far, FAR more Durability than Berdly or literally anything in chaoter 2, takes nearly triple this value, with each hit!
The only kill she got was with Berdly, but it's still a massive jump compared to her usual power-up. So not only did she get strong enough to do that much damage, she'd have to take Spamton NEO's ridículous durability into consideration, requiring EVEN MORE MAGIC POWER, from just one kill.
Makes, no, sense.

Not really, it is still an outlier even considering her Accelerated Development. On the last fight, she does 250 damage tops with IceShock, and Spamton NEO, with far, FAR more Durability than Berdly or literally anything in chaoter 2, takes nearly triple this value, with each hit!
The only kill she got was with Berdly, but it's still a massive jump compared to her usual power-up. So not only did she get strong enough to do that much damage, she'd have to take Spamton NEO's ridículous durability into consideration, requiring EVEN MORE MAGIC POWER, from just one kill.
Again, it's a mental thing, in Undertale increase in power comes from your willingness to kill, it seems to be the same case here with Noelle considering how much her changing mental stats is highlighted. And you bet your ass that after killing her friend, someone she knew for years, instead of just fodder enemies, and convincing herself that was the right thing to do, that willingness to kill skyrocketed.

Look, what we have here are the facts- Noelle grows in power offscreen, and then she kills someone who scales way higher in durability. That's all we know, and your argument against it doesn't have anything beyond baseless incredulity. If anything this is evidence that Noelle's increase in power isn't linear.

Again, it's a mental thing, in Undertale increase in power comes from your willingness to kill, it seems to be the same case here with Noelle considering how much her changing mental stats is highlighted.
Undertale is a Non-factor here. It was literally stated to have different rules, you cannot compare the two.
And no, this happens to EVERYONE in the party, every four encounters, Kris Susie and Ralsei get stronger. Mentality has nothing to do with it.
Look, what we have here are the facts- Noelle grows in power offscreen
That is not a fact, she was described as in "no condition" to help Queen. She never, NEVER Grew in power offscreen, she is strictly dependent on the player to do so, and the only way she could have done it is by going on a killing spree.
and then she kills someone who scales way higher in durability.
Which makes no sense
That's all we know, and your argument against it doesn't have anything beyond baseless incredulity.
Coming from Mr. "It's like Undertale"?
If anything this is evidence that Noelle's increase in power isn't linear.
It was linear until then, the hell you're on about.
It was ONE case where the increase was tens of time larger than usual, vs MULTIPLE occadions where it was linear and tame.
The one case is the outlier.

Undertale is a Non-factor here. It was literally stated to have different rules, you cannot compare the two.
Which is why I provided additional evidence as to why it's a mentality thing.
And no, this happens to EVERYONE in the party, every four encounters, Kris Susie and Ralsei get stronger. Mentality has nothing to do with it.
Why else would they grow stronger by making people run away from them lmao
That is not a fact, she was described as in "no condition" to help Queen. She never, NEVER Grew in power offscreen, she is strictly dependent on the player to do so, and the only way she could have done it is by going on a killing spree.
Yes, by the Queen. Who is a very intelligent person that deeply understands Noelle and has never been wrong about anything ever. Considering Noelle does get up and help you, then clearly she was wrong to begin with. And no the player is the one that pushes her to kill, that doesn't mean she isn't capable of increasing her power if she did so by herself.
Which makes no sense
Is what you think, still not seeing any concrete proof.
Coming from Mr. "It's like Undertale"?
I'll ignore this.
It was linear until then, the hell you're on about.
Ah yes, 100-ish to normal enemies -> 200-ish to normal enemies -> 670 to Berdly who is way stronger than normal enemies, clearly linear.
It was ONE case where the increase was tens of time larger than usual, vs MULTIPLE occasions where it was linear and tame.
The one case is the outlier.
Again, that's assuming that she never fought anyone off-screen, baseless, and that there aren't any other factors contributing to Noelle's growth in power, which is blatantly ignoring the whole narrative point of the Weird Route.

Is what you think, still not seeing any concrete proof.
I'll address this first. You're actually being arrogant while commiting the exact same thing you're accusing me of. Claming shit without concrete proof. Bullshit, now I'll get you all the proof you need, if you can't match it, this debate is over. Ffs.

Which is why I provided additional evidence as to why it's a mentality thing.
No, the "additional evidence" is stand-alone. Undertale is a non-factor. Using it as a basis adds NOTHING to your point, WoG already stated it's two different things. I'll ignore every subsequent point where Undertale is addressed.
Why else would they grow stronger by making people run away from them lmao
Did you not play the game? They grow stronger by breaking bonds, not their mentality. Their mentality is unchanged regardless of the route. (save Kris on Snowgrave Route as we can't really know how Kris is feeling, but based on the ending, they didn't think much of it)

In fact, The only instance where their mentality is affected is after defeating Spamton NEO. This happens regardless if you won by kindness or fighting, yet, they do NOT grow stronger. This is literally one of the few instances where Susie and Kris are MENTALLY AFFECTED BY THE EVENTS OF THE STORY, yet, nothing happens. Claiming power up is related to mentality is nothing but a baseless claim, much like you're criticizing me for. Bullshit.

Yes, by the Queen. Who is a very intelligent person that deeply understands Noelle and has never been wrong about anything ever. Considering Noelle does get up and help you, then clearly she was wrong to begin with.
We don't even know the circumstances to THAT, it was literally a "super natural" occurrence, Susie went to see Noelle in her room, and she couldn't have got past Susie, Queen and Ralsei (the latter were blocking the way) without any of them saying something afterwards. It was a super natural occurrence, not one to be taken literally.
Also the Queen implies Noelle was sleeping. You can be only be so wrong about something, ffs.
And no the player is the one that pushes her to kill, that doesn't mean she isn't capable of increasing her power if she did so by herself.
That's baseless. Between Noelle staying in her room, which she was until right before the fight with the Queen, and she "showing up" on Spamton NEO's fight, you think she went out, killed some darkners, and went to help Kris? That is b u l l s h i t. Stop twisting the game to fit your argument, that's cringe bro.

Events:

Yeah, something happened in-between these 10 minutes!!! for suuuure!!! You did not pay attention to the game whatsoever.

You doubting Queen's statement is just to fit your argument. She saw her, she saw how she was, Noelle herself confirms she is not feeling well, yet, "no, the qwen is wrog"? Yeah right.
Ah yes, 100-ish to normal enemies -> 200-ish to normal enemies -> 670 to Berdly who is way stronger than normal enemies, clearly linear.
Armor, you are being unreasonable, either that, or just plain unaware of how the story progresses;

Noelle does 350 damage to normal enemies while wearing the FreezeRing, getting progressively stronger each time she wins a battle (after a few battles, 360 > 390, WHAT A JUMP!!111!!!)

She ends up with 422 before fighting Berdly

When she does 670 to Berdly, she is wearing the THORN RING, which increases her Magic by a **** ton. (+8 Magic, while the FreezeRing increased it by 4+ Magic compared to the first ring, basically getting 50% more powerful stat-wise)
HMMMMMM LET ME SEE HEEERE.

422+50% = 633? OH THAT'S PRETTY CLOSE, HUH? (This is ignoring the fact she got STRONGER after the 422 freezering damage)
SEEMS PRETTY LINEAR TO ME???

Yeah, I'll stop being loud, but I'm gonna keep insisting on this point.
Addressing @Imaginym's DuraNeg argument.
Noelle does far more damage, capable of one shotting Berdly if his defense is dropped multiple times. Yeah, IceShock is defense based
Again, that's assuming that she never fought anyone off-screen, baseless, and that there aren't any other factors contributing to Noelle's growth in power.
Oh. My. *******. God.

How do you claim MY point is baseless while claiming Noelle fought anyone off-screen? I already proved it, there was NO TIME TO DO SO, and she was NOT WELL. You claiming she fought anyone is baseless.

"that's assuming that she never", that is a negative. I do not have to prove a negative.

"which is blatantly ignoring the whole narrative point of the Weird Route."
Says the guy who forgets the whole narrative is the player's voice manipulating Noelle to do their biding. As soon as the Player snaps out of the genocide route, she's back to being a sweet.... kinda sweet.... deer.
It's the player. that's the narrative. Noelle wouldn't kill ANYONE unless she was told to by the player, which is LITERALLY WHAT HAPPENS IN THE NEO FIGHT.

Kris call for X - Nothing happens

You call for Noelle - She """"shows up""""

HMMMMM, I WONDER...

Anyway, all you did was inspire me to actually debunk this bullshit. Your arrogance really triggered me, I hope I never have to engage in a debate like that again. Anyway, match my evidence or you will be ignored.

EDIT: I do admit my mistake on the damage she deals before NEO, I forgot ThornRing was cracked

I'll address this first. You're actually being arrogant while commiting the exact same thing you're accusing me of. Claming shit without concrete proof. Bullshit, now I'll get you all the proof you need, if you can't match it, this debate is over. Ffs.
I don't think you realize you've been pretty arrogant yourself in this threads my guy. Way more than me, in this last post. In fact, I'd advise you to tone it down, I don't think I ever went out of my way to actually insult you or belittle your knowledge of the game.
No, the "additional evidence" is stand-alone. Undertale is a non-factor. Using it as a basis adds NOTHING to your point, WoG already stated it's two different things. I'll ignore every subsequent point where Undertale is addressed.
This was the only one that did so sure.
Did you not play the game? They grow stronger by breaking bonds, not their mentality. Their mentality is unchanged regardless of the route. (save Kris on Snowgrave Route as we can't really know how Kris is feeling, but based on the ending, they didn't think much of it)
Right, I forgot about that. Perfect, it helps my argument! Noelle had a much stronger bond with Berdly than any of those random goons, so she got a stronger boost because of it. Case closed.
We don't even know the circumstances to THAT, it was literally a "super natural" occurrence, Susie went to see Noelle in her room, and she couldn't have got past Susie, Queen and Ralsei (the latter were blocking the way) without any of them saying something afterwards.
Clearly she did get past them, and you don't even get to talk to Ralsei immediately afterwards so it's not like he specifically denies seeing her or anything.
It was a super natural occurrence, not one to be taken literally.
Lolwhat, you're saying Noelle didn't show up and Spamton just died symbolically?
Also the Queen implies Noelle was sleeping. You can be only be so wrong about something, ffs.
The Queen was clearly wrong about Noelle sleeping considering she spoke to Susie, so you really shouldn't take her word as reliable.
That's baseless. Between Noelle staying in her room, which she was until right before the fight with the Queen, and she "showing up" on Spamton NEO's fight, you think she went out, killed some darkners, and went to help Kris? That is b u l l s h i t. Stop twisting the game to fit your argument, that's cringe bro.
I'm simply acknowledging the possibility of that happening.
Events:
Yeah, something happened in-between these 10 minutes!!! for suuuure!!! You did not pay attention to the game whatsoever.
All addressed already
You doubting Queen's statement is just to fit your argument. She saw her, she saw how she was, Noelle herself confirms she is not feeling well, yet, "no, the qwen is wrog"? Yeah right.
No, I'm doubting it cause it's wrong. But I guess you had to sneak in one more accusation.
Armor, you are being unreasonable, either that, or just plain unaware of how the story progresses;
Noelle does 350 damage to normal enemies while wearing the FreezeRing, getting progressively stronger each time she wins a battle (after a few battles, 360 > 390, WHAT A JUMP!!111!!!)

She ends up with 422 before fighting Berdly

When she does 670 to Berdly, she is wearing the THORN RING, which increases her Magic by a **** ton. (+8 Magic, while the FreezeRing increased it by 4+ Magic compared to the first ring, basically getting 50% more powerful stat-wise)

422+50% = 633? OH THAT'S PRETTY CLOSE, HUH? (This is ignoring the fact she got STRONGER after the 422 freezering damage)
Also addressed.
Yeah, I'll stop being loud, but I'm gonna keep insisting on this point.
Addressing @Imaginym's DuraNeg argument.
Noelle does far more damage, capable of one shotting Berdly if his defense is dropped multiple times. Yeah, IceShock is defense based
That I agree with
Oh. My. *******. God.

How do you claim MY point is baseless while claiming Noelle fought anyone off-screen? I already proved it, there was NO TIME TO DO SO, and she was NOT WELL. You claiming she fought anyone is baseless.
You're repeating yourself a lot. Addressed.
"that's assuming that she never", that is a negative. I do not have to prove a negative.

Says the guy who forgets the whole narrative is the player's voice manipulating Noelle to do their biding. As soon as the Player snaps out of the genocide route, she's back to being a sweet.... kinda sweet.... deer.
It's the player. that's the narrative. Noelle wouldn't kill ANYONE unless she was told to by the player, which is LITERALLY WHAT HAPPENS IN THE NEO FIGHT.
The whole point of Snowgrave is manipulating her into being a murderer. If you don't push her to the final step (murdering Berdly), of course she's not gonna stay in that mindset forever. Once you do though she's clearly deeply affected by it IRL even when she doesn't think it's a dream. So, no "Noelle is a perfectly sweet person once you're no longer controlling her directly" is clearly wrong
Anyway, all you did was inspire me to actually debunk this bullshit. Your arrogance really triggered me, I hope I never have to engage in a debate like that again. Anyway, match my evidence or you will be ignored.
Stronger bond being broken = stronger boost in power. I'd say that more than matches your whole wall of text.

Last edited:
In fact, I'd advise you to tone it down,
In your DREAMS.
I don't think I ever went out of my way to actually insult you
I never once did that either.
or belittle your knowledge of the game.
That is not an offense. You are clearly ignorant when it comes to the facts of the game.
Right, I forgot about that. Perfect, it helps my argument! Noelle had a much stronger bond with Berdly than any of those random goons, so she got a stronger boost because of it. Case closed.
Nothing of sort is even even remotely implied. Why would she get considerably stronger by beating random enemies if the bond is nearly non-existent? The strength of the bond was never stated, therefore it's your headcanon.
She getting absurdly stronger from the Berdly fight to the point where she can one shot a multiple times more durable character with her defense-based magic is an outlier. "Case closed." Also, Noelle's HP does not increase after the fight, implying she didn't even get stronger due to that.
Clearly she did get past them, and you don't even get to talk to Ralsei immediately afterwards so it's not like he specifically denies seeing her or anything.

Lolwhat, you're saying Noelle didn't show up and Spamton just died symbolically?
Twisting my words. Noelle didn't get from her room to the fountain in 0.2 seconds, unless you want to calc that :)
getting past Susie who was going to meet her (remember the path to there is linear)
getting past Ralsei who was blocking the way, and Queen how was worried about her.
Also, yes you can talk to Ralsei after sealing the fountain. You seal it and immediately go to the dark world if you so choose. Queen speaks about Noelle, and doesn't mention she running at nearly supersonic speeds to cast a spell? Again, super natural occurance probably due to her dependence on the player.
The Queen was clearly wrong about Noelle sleeping considering she spoke to Susie, so you really shouldn't take her word as reliable.
That is my bad, Queen told them to "let her close her eyes to a darker dream", implying she wanted Noelle to get some sleep. Still, Queen's words are absolutely true in this occasion, confirmed by Noelle.
Alright, I can believe that part.
Therefore this:
I'm simply acknowledging the possibility of that happening.
Is too unrealistic/unlikely of a possibility to be even remotely considered. Noelle would never hurt a soul if she isn't told to by the Player.

All addressed already
Also addressed.
You're repeating yourself a lot. Addressed.
None of it was addressed. Funny enough.
Stronger bond being broken = stronger boost in power. I'd say that more than matches your whole wall of text.
"Is what you think, still not seeing any concrete proof."

Yeah, you will be ignored from now on. Pathetic attempt.

EDIT: Also, love how you didn't even admit your mistake about the linearity of Noelle's upgrades. Lmao

Noelle defeating Spamton NEO being an outlier or not is irrelevant to actual scaling, so I don't have to play "my baseless interpretation is correct" with Mr. Armor.

You should use your time to evaluate help with the CRT itself.

In your DREAMS.
You are aware that I can ban you from this thread, right? Or simply report you, I'd do the latter since it's fairer, but I don't think any sane staff member would disagree you're taking things over the top. And I will do that if you keep this up.
I never once did that either.
Did you not play the game?

Claiming power up is related to mentality is nothing but a baseless claim, much like you're criticizing me for. Bullshit.

You can be only be so wrong about something, ffs.

That is b u l l s h i t. Stop twisting the game to fit your argument, that's cringe bro.

Oh. My. *******. God.

HMMMMM, I WONDER...

You literally didn't do anything but that drop half-sarcastic remarks. I would consider that insulting.
That is not an offense. You are clearly ignorant when it comes to the facts of the game.
That's something you're allowed to think, but quit it with remarking that, I've got my own opinions on your knowledge but I'm keeping it to myself.
Nothing of sort is even even remotely implied.
So they become stronger from breaking bonds but stronger bonds don't make for a stronger boosts? That makes no sense when it's literally the response to breaking them that makes you stronger.
Why would she get considerably stronger by beating random enemies if the bond is nearly non-existent? The strength of the bond was never stated, therefore it's your headcanon.
Clearly the baseline is high enough already, that doesn't disprove stronger bonds being more effective.
She getting absurdly stronger from the Berdly fight to the point where she can one shot a multiple times more durable character with her defense-based magic is an outlier. "Case closed." Also, Noelle's HP does not increase after the fight, implying she didn't even get stronger due to that.
I've provided an argument as to why it isn't and you've only delivered incredulity to it. I'd say that's a case closed alright.

And her not getting stronger at all would make no sense since at worst she'd gain the same amount as usual, so yeah, that can be disregarded.
Twisting my words. Noelle didn't get from her room to the fountain in 0.2 seconds, unless you want to calc that :)
getting past Susie who was going to meet her (remember the path to there is linear)
getting past Ralsei who was blocking the way, and Queen how was worried about her.
Also, yes you can talk to Ralsei after sealing the fountain. You seal it and immediately go to the dark world if you so choose. Queen speaks about Noelle, and doesn't mention she running at nearly supersonic speeds to cast a spell? Again, super natural occurance probably due to her dependence on the player.
Ok, then it's a range feat, "case closed".
That is my bad, Queen told them to "let her close her eyes to a darker dream", implying she wanted Noelle to get some sleep. Still, Queen's words are absolutely true in this occasion, confirmed by Noelle.
Well she was awake, so clearly they weren't.
Therefore this:

Is too unrealistic/unlikely of a possibility to be even remotely considered. Noelle would never hurt a soul if she isn't told to by the Player.
She's literally been brainwashed into believing that she needs more power and literally asks Kris if they should find more enemies to kill.
"Is what you think, still not seeing any concrete proof."
Basic logic here dude. If the bond breaking is what makes for the power up, a stronger bond would cause a stronger boost.
Yeah, you will be ignored from now on. Pathetic attempt.
feel free to not respond anymore, makes my job easier.
EDIT: Also, love how you didn't even admit your mistake about the linearity of Noelle's upgrades. Lmao
You literally admitted your own mistake in an edit, didn't think that'd be necessary. But yes, my "morality" argument was wrong, don't think I'm afraid of admitting that.

The fact that IceShock doesn't immediately kill Ambyu-Lance is evidence that it's not duraneg bruh.
Even though it CAN one-shot Ambyu-Lance after she gtets stronger a few times? How do we know it isn't just Durability Negation "When she's weaker, she can't freeze their entirety at once?" AFAIK, Durability Negation need not be a one-hit-kill every hit, just that it damages at all regardless of how Durable the victim is.

....Though, given that IceShock & such hit harder if you Glare at Berdly, statedly dropping his DEF, indicates IceShock does seem to involve the target's DEF in its power.
So your opinion is she got tens or hundreds of times stronger from killing Berdly because of how strong the bond she broke with Berdly was? (I don't deny the possibility. They've at least been study partners.)
You really should learn to summarize a little, it makes reading debates you were a part of slower than it should be. Just saying for future reference. The "standard tactics" summary is also wordy to the point of being unusable imo
I agree. I'll try to, for what that's worth.

Lemme try summarizing the info about her standard tactics/behaviour I posted earlier.

Noelle, when entering battle, jumps in fright with a shriek. On the Weird Route, she doesn't react, & the wind just blows her hair & clothes forward briefly.
When FIGHTing, she turns away, covers one eye. & waves the other arm frantically. On the Weird Route, she mimics casting a spell with her hands.
When DEFENDing, she turns away, & has both eyes closed & covered with her hands. On the Weird Route, she creates a shield of ice in front of herself.
Upon winning a battle, she breathes a sigh of relief. On the Weird Route, she instead surrounds herself with a blue, snowglobe-like aura, & appears to pray.
Overall, her Weird Route self seems less easily disturbed. Ex: When using the ACT TakeCareX, she dresses as a hospital worker with a tray of items, she falls over. But on the Weird Route, she doesn't fall over.

On Pacifist Route, her understanding of battling seems to be to try to win thorugh Mercy by being nice to the enemy.
Has previous experience with RPGs, via playing Dragon Blazers III far enough to be able to beat it, not completing it because she's waiting to complete it with her dad.
Relatedly, the Weird Route influences her decision-making. Ex: She is more controlling, & suggests using IceShock over more intuitive choices, when playing it with her dad, Rudy, in the hospital. (Which also implies her Dark World self copied the spell from DB3.) She is also more controlling.

After enough influencing on the Weird Route, she will do stuff like freeze obstructing puzzles unprompted, & even asks if they should find more enemies. When asked about her behaviour, she justifies her actions with the reason of "getting stronger".

Even though it CAN one-shot Ambyu-Lance after she gtets stronger a few times?
Because she becomes stronger. I don't deny that it being Duraneg would be a possibility but it should not be our default assumption.
How do we know it isn't just Durability Negation "When she's weaker, she can't freeze their entirety at once?" AFAIK, Durability Negation need not be a one-hit-kill every hit, just that it damages at all regardless of how Durable the victim is.

....Though, given that IceShock & such hit harder if you Glare at Berdly, statedly dropping his DEF, indicates IceShock does seem to involve the target's DEF in its power.

So your opinion is she got tens or hundreds of times stronger from killing Berdly because of how strong the bond she broke with Berdly was? (I don't deny the possibility. They've at least been study partners.)
Indeed. Well, not necessarily tens of times, it's unquantifiable

Lemme try summarizing the info about her standard tactics/behaviour I posted earlier.

Noelle, when entering battle, jumps in fright with a shriek. On the Weird Route, she doesn't react, & the wind just blows her hair & clothes forward briefly.
When FIGHTing, she turns away, covers one eye. & waves the other arm frantically. On the Weird Route, she mimics casting a spell with her hands.
When DEFENDing, she turns away, & has both eyes closed & covered with her hands. On the Weird Route, she creates a shield of ice in front of herself.
Upon winning a battle, she breathes a sigh of relief. On the Weird Route, she instead surrounds herself with a blue, snowglobe-like aura, & appears to pray.
Overall, her Weird Route self seems less easily disturbed. Ex: When using the ACT TakeCareX, she dresses as a hospital worker with a tray of items, she falls over. But on the Weird Route, she doesn't fall over.

On Pacifist Route, her understanding of battling seems to be to try to win thorugh Mercy by being nice to the enemy.
Has previous experience with RPGs, via playing Dragon Blazers III far enough to be able to beat it, not completing it because she's waiting to complete it with her dad.
Relatedly, the Weird Route influences her decision-making. Ex: She is more controlling, & suggests using IceShock over more intuitive choices, when playing it with her dad, Rudy, in the hospital. (Which also implies her Dark World self copied the spell from DB3.) She is also more controlling.

After enough influencing on the Weird Route, she will do stuff like freeze obstructing puzzles unprompted, & even asks if they should find more enemies. When asked about her behaviour, she justifies her actions with the reason of "getting stronger".
This honestly makes me think there should be different keys for Normal Route/Weird Route, they have different personalities and the latter is much stronger.

Because she becomes stronger. I don't deny that it being Duraneg would be a possibility but it should not be our default assumption.
Yeah, it can one-shot because she becomes stronger, but not all Durability Negation attacks are one-shots.
I feel that I can understand wanting to not have certain things as default assumptions.
Indeed. Well, not necessarily tens of times, it's unquantifiable
I'd question the idea that we don't have a metric, since:

1. Kris's damage is fixed to 10.
2. Noelle's damage is done in a cutscene, & in a very limited range, AFAIK.

Not to mention Kris's sword attacks being denoted as Physical attacks in X-Slash's description, & IceShock's description saying it's Magic, & we do have some types of Magic as Durability Negation, & temperature feats as not using physical Durability (But rather, using temperature durability.)....

Either there's a very big power gap, or her magic gets around Spamton's Defensive aura he put up against the specifically physical attacker he's only ever seen & fought alone.
MAYBE she got that much stronger from breaking a bond by killing Berdly, but that's unclear.
& it's dubious if Noelle would've said about feeling bad & going home, only to make herself a liar by seeking out more enemies. & once we get to the mansion, we can be sure she's under Queen's care & in bed. (Plus, the idea of her leaving her room to go out to murder is put into question by if she would/could without the player's influence, being kept at guard, & the fact that if she did go on a killing spree, why is Werewerewire, which LIKES fighting, still alive right outside her room?)
This honestly makes me think there should be different keys for Normal Route/Weird Route, they have different personalities and the latter is much stronger.
Even without the Spamton thing, I agree that Weird Route Noelle is a different Key.
Like you said, different personalities/behaviour & tactics, & doing Weird Route means Noelle gets stronger like, 20 individual times. (Plus at least 2 other pieces of equipment.)

Hopefully I haven't been too unpleasant.

Even though it CAN one-shot Ambyu-Lance after she gtets stronger a few times? How do we know it isn't just Durability Negation "When she's weaker, she can't freeze their entirety at once?" AFAIK, Durability Negation need not be a one-hit-kill every hit, just that it damages at all regardless of how Durable the victim is.

I already proved IceShock is dependent on Defense

This is not Pokémon (unfortunately), Defense stat works for both physical and magical attacks.

Perhaps I had been under the mistaken assumption that the Magic stat of the target was relevant for how much damage they took from Magical attacks or such.
No offense meant.
Hmmm, I imagine the Defense stat would become redundant if that was the case.
It would be easier to just do "physical and magical stat", instead of three if Toby was planning anything like that.

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but base spamton takes down the entire queen mansion BEFORE he transforms into neo, so there should be some scaling there

Eh, the whole fun gang had to fight the Queen (who had Berdly to be fair) while Kris by themselves could beat Spamton, I'd attribute that to some reality warping hax rather than AP

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but base spamton takes down the entire queen mansion BEFORE he transforms into neo, so there should be some scaling there
It's questionable what scaling IS there; It's stated he got in while Queen was out looking for.... it was 1 or both of Berdly &/or Noelle, IIRC. Nonetheless, she wasn't there to confront Spamton, whether she had a reason to consider him or not.

I can't think of many enemies there.
The Mauswheel you normally encounter in the kitchen is running wild in the halls outside, likely because of the Swatchlings all being trapped in the Cafe behind a petrified Rouxls, as opposed to being in the kitchen making it feel cornered on the stove with the cheese.
Swatch's dialogue implies Rouxls has been a customer/nuisance before, so Rouxls being there may be because of his own volition.... Or Spamton moved him in front of the Cafe? Maybe? Nonetheless, Rouxls's presence in that position, involuntary or not, blocks the doorway, keeping the Swatchlings trapped.

Werewerewire is still on the roof outside Noelle's room, isn't it? & it likes fighting, right? If Spamton were superior & they fought, Werewerewire probably wouldn't be alive.
Tasque Manager is still alive. Unsure about all of her Tasques. IDK if any of them confronted Spamton.

Plus, Spamton's goal is always the basement; I imagine he wasn't interested in fighting anyone before he could go to the basement & "become a god", & we don't know if he fought anyone after he left as Spamton Neo.

So I'm not sure if there ARE any scaling points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back