• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

[SPOILER] Pokémon SW/SH thread [SPOILER]

The chameleon one is going through an emo phase on his mid stage, and it is funny to me for some rason

I have A LOT to say.

Likewise. If I ever get the game, I'm not sure which I'd pick, if any & might be tempted to box mine. Which I NEVER do.

Though, why would Intelleon get hate like Delphox? (Also, I'd bet Greninja gets more hate.)

Also, I LOVE Eternatus's design, & am interested in the apple-thing line. TBH, my first guess was Bug because it looked like it was faking being an apple.

How are the types known? Also, amazing how many of the officially revealed 'mons are partially or fully evolved already.

Orbeetle looks like it could'v ebeen Flying or Steel or Rock or Electric. Psychic is a surprise, but not an entirely horrible one. But wow, Bug/Psychic is horrible, lol.

Bug is resisted by 7 types, Psychic by itself & Steel, & Dark is immune. Bug is only SE on Grass, Psychic & Dark, so it sort of pairs offensively in a very limited way, & Psychic on Poison & Fighting. Defensively, Psychic's resistances are itself & Fighting, & Bug resists Grass, Ground & Fighting.

And weaknesses, Fire, Rock, Flying, Ghost, Dark & Bug. Neither type helps each other lol.

Orbeetle is gonna need a good ability or stats or SOMETHING.

Zacian & Zamazenta look great in their unarmed forms.

Toxel & Toxtricity seem neat, but I wonder if their typing could be used more creatively. Also, lol, 4x Ground weakness. Thankfully, only other weakness is Psychic.

I wonder what Indeedee is meant to be. A goat cat thing? Grimmsnarl feels out of place with Impidimp & Morgrem. Visual contrast.

Snom & Frostmoth are neat if a bit plain, but poor thing with 2 4x weaknesses, Fire & Rock included. Oof.

Dragapult has an amazing type. I wonder if it'll go far like Giratina did.

I like Stonejourner's design.

When I first saw Nicket, I thought it was Fire type because its tail looked like a campfire with coals to me.

And Hatterene looks like, to me, like it was made to... get fanart. Even has Gardevoir's typing. I like it's colourscheme, but hard to look at it well at that resolution. Looks a bit like Tsareena, & might be similar in that regard... which was a shame, because I didn't like Tsareena.

75 Pokemon total, excluding regional forms & Gigantamaxes/Dynamaxes. 24 regional forms/evolutions. And 17 other Gigantamax/Dynamax. 116 total, if I counted correctly.

Also, Gigantamax/Dynamax Indeedee is SUPER CUTE. I hope the version of it lower on the chart can be used at least as often as the other Indeedee.

I thought Purrserker was a Dark type Galarian Meowth at first. Steel is an interesting surprise, especially if it's meant to be a viking reference.

When I saw Cursola, I expected it to be Rock/Poison, or such, due to coral reefs being poisoned/polluted & often losing their colour.

Pardon my wordyness, please.

@Ima

Well its because the design, Delphox get hate due of its thick design and they think its a massive downgrade from Braixen

@Drite

Oi, you're not the only one who like Inteleon *pointing myself*

@Peter

Oh, am i ignored? ;w;

@Velox

I mean, the grass one just isn't my type, wich is weird since i like grass starters the most and the fire well... that ain't a Pokémon, that looks alot like a digimon or that thing from Summer Wars

Man so many great pokemon this game has

Can't wait to play it when I get its on December 7th (my birthday)

That new legendary looks... otherwordly to say the least.

So, how many new Pokemon in the Galar Region? Not counting alternate forms for the Gigamax or Gigantamax

I believe someone said that the artbook should hold like 500-600 mons of something. We'd have to see.

NeoZex6399 said:
Dragonmasterxyz said:
Apparently it is supposed to increase post game. To like 632 or something.
That was fake.
dont see anyone confirming it as fake. the other 200 pokemons dont have pokedex entries

edit: yes, seems fake. so more than half got cut...oh boy

when it comes to pokemon leaks, i love seeing the mons themselves. when it comes to story, i feel like avoiding it

Ovrhide said:
when it comes to pokemon leaks, i love seeing the mons themselves. when it comes to story, i feel like avoiding it
Seconded. Spoiling myself the plot really... well, spoils the experience for me >_>

TartaChocholate said:
Ovrhide said:
Seconded. Spoiling myself the plot really... well, spoils the experience for me >_>
avoidtwitter for the remaining days. if you follow pokemon fanatics, chances are you will be plot spoiled

Don't worry, I am staying away from twitter and avoid Pokemon by all means when go to Youtube. I honestly was planning to avoid spoiling the Pokemon themselves as well, but came across a pic of the legendary in a non Pokemon topic so I was like "...eh, frig, might as well check out to plan my adventure team"

Back