• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

[SPOILER] Pokémon SW/SH thread [SPOILER]

We need a peacock and a swordfish soon (the latter feels like a missed opportunity now that I think about it)

Also, I love how Gamefreak apologists said that the National Dex cut was supposed to be for "unpopular and trash pokemon", but yet, we got popular legendaries like xerneas and even blaziken cut.

Man, gamefreak sucks.

Bring back national dex

Don't start a controversial mess over some dumb controversy where both sides are unsufferable.

Oh no this controversy has gotten dumb...

What, you can't talk about Pokemon without being controversial?

There is more to Sw/Sh than controversy....

You can talk about possible story, theories, etc. Controversy shouldn't be the only thought in your head for SwSh otherwise that's just shallow.

>Game lacks the roster

True.

>Barebones game

How do you know it's barebones when you haven't played the game? Story? Post-Game? Exploration?

Like I dislike how I cannot bring over all my Pokemon as well, however what about games where you had to transfer to bring over mons and could catch them all in game and had to wait until the bank became available? Are those barebones?

Post Game without the full dex, ESPECIALLY since most of my favorite mons are thanos'ed, is worthless to me.

The story doesn't look promising either.

Also, I would be relatively fine if Gamefreak decided to make us wait until a few months THEN we can do that, but, they stated it many times they won't be doing that.

"The story doesn't look promising either."

How do you know? Have you seen the whole story?

"Also, I would be relatively fine if Gamefreak decided to make us wait until a few months THEN we can do that, but, they stated it many times they won't be doing that."

I agree, this is something I criticized GF for as well. However, your argument is that the game is barebones despite not taking into account it's other elements. i.e you made a declarative statement with no evidence to support your claim.

I'm not getting Sun and Moon at all. What have you seen of the story per se? You realize that you cannot make a solid claim like that with so little evidence when you've only seen small insignificant clips. So tell me, what story do you know of?

Team Yell is literally the only comparison and even then, they fit the theme of rabbid sports fans.

How does the gym leader dude remind you of Lusamine? He looks nothing like her? And literally has nothing implying that he's even remotely like Lusamine.

How? Besides being a nice person and darker skinned, what do Hau and Hop have in common?

He reminds me of lusamine because he is described as the nice guy who has a large amount of power, just like how Lusamine was decipted as a nice woman in plenty of power before she turned bad.

He looks a lot like him, acts a lot like him, he even sounds like him a bit. He is basically british hau

So we can't have nice business people in charge anymore? So is Lusamine a copy of Lysandre? Unlike Lusamine, Rose is literally a person of high power in all of Galar. Lusamine didn't have an impact on the entire culture and league of Alola. One controls the Pokemon League. The other controls a floating island that protects Pokemon.

Aside from skin, how do they look alike. You mean being nice? I guess Hau is a copy of May, Barry and Bianca. How does he sound like him? There is no voice acting. Your reasonings are paper thin when you have only seen small bits of him...from the beginning of the game and even then, we don't even get that many text boxes. This is simply putting a character in a vacuum.

Regardless I do not see the need of continuing this discussion.

@blue daba

ugh, are there still people complaining about the dex? and are there people calling the story we have yet to know shit? get out of here.

Infinite amounts of energy could just be hyperbole or refer to stamina. I don't think that exactly makes it High 3-A.

It's also got longevity/eternal life since it's been alive for hundreds of centuries apparently. It also arrived in a meteor supposedly.

After a cursory glance, it appears infinite energy in a 3D space DOES qualify as High 3-A according to the tiering system. Huh.

are the starter evolution leaks confirmed real? or are they in the grinch smash leak levels of authenticity?

Back