• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
8-A Forms

Assefa has Sanura's fire and wind enchantments. And starts out in cat form. He's in his Full Mate Bond Key.

Speed is equalized.

Starting Distance is 10 meters.

Fight takes place in Druid Hill Park.

Who wins!?

Spider of Iro: 5 (Crimson Azoth, KLOL506, Schnee One, ABoogieYesSir, Risci-viragosi)

Cat of Legend: 0

Oh bugger, I lost track of this thread.

Anyway, let's see. Assefa's advantages are his vast supernatural power set, and that's about it. Spidey's advantages are his Spider-Sense (which is a big one), his flexibility and speed (even against opponents of equal speed), his vastly superior Regenerationn, and, the most major of all, his willingness to spam ranged attacks. It is very in-character of Spidey to get away from his opponent, harrassing them with webs, and only dashing in for quick attacks. If Assefa gets his hands on Spidey, it will become difficult for him, but that is the only way I see the Cat of Legend taking a win. And Spidey's athleticisim will make doing that very difficult. Plus, with Spider-Sense, he can more or less "see" Assefa's attacks coming before they even land.

Spidey low/mid-diff

Spidey FRA

Also, Tom Holland is tied up somewhere in the MCU building for leaking trade secrets.

Anyone wanna save him?

Thank you for your votes.

Though I don't think that explains how he gets past Assefa's wind and fire enchantments, which I gave here to give him more of a fighting chance. I very much doubt the webs would get through the wind enchantments.

Thank you for your vote.

I think I might offer up an argument for Assefa later to stir things up a little.

Bump.

Spidey's Webs worked on top of a jet against the wind. Wind enchantments aren't going to stop the thwip, though they might make it a slight pain. Spidey FRA

Oh, it hit grace. Fantastic.

I'll give a small argument. Thank you for waiting.

One, the jet plane argument is irrelevant because those winds aren't 8-A.

The webs are rather effectively countered by the traveling storm of microburst around Assefa's body. The webs would be very hard pressed to get through them. One or two web shots against a traveling storm of microbursts across his body. The webs would be cut severely or simply reflected back. The microbursts not only severely limit Spidey's ranged options, but his close ranged ones too. As getting close isn't too great an idea (Assefa should be a better fighter even in cat form, has more experience, and his claws are on fire), he'll likely have to resort to throwing things at him. Which can be dodged. And if they happen to be in an open part of the park, which is likely seeing as how the park is most grass, trees, and sidewalks, Spidey will be out of luck as far as ranged options.

His Spider sense is his greatest asset here, As Crimson already outlined. It'll allow him to kind of "see" Assefa's attacks coming. Spidey would likely have a simple time dodging, until he found himself in an area where there's not much for his webs to take hold of. He could always retreat, of course, but retreating won't help him win the fight. Only prolong it.

I'm also unsure how webbing would work on enflamed paws. Is it heat resistant? And it's not like his webbing can dispel of a magical wind enchantment upon Assefa.

All that being said, Spidey's long ranged options don't seem that effective here, and the overall lack of decently large things to throw at Assefa, due to their location being Druid Hill Park, make a keep away strategy not very viable for Spidey.

Up close is Spidey's best option with his webs not working the way he would like them to be. But up close is incredibly dangerous for Spidey, given Assefa's superior fighting experience, and enflamed paws. I think Crimson actually mentioned that Spidey getting up close would be incredibly dangerous for him. Even with his spider senses, getting past the wind enchantments would be dangerous on its own.

I can't really see Spidey trying to get close to Assefa in his Mngwa form. So I feel like this is closer to inconclusive. It's certainly not low-diff for Spidey. I think the wind-enchantments are really being underestimated here.

So are the webs. As said, spider-man was able to stick his webs on a spaceship leaving the atmosphere, so they are pretty heat and wind resistant from that feat imo

Yeah, I felt like an argument for Assefa was needed. I think most of his abilities are pretty clear cut. But since, presumably, I'm the only one whose read his books, I felt it would be fair if I at least attempted to make an argument for him before things wrapped up. That way people can look, and reconsider if they so choose. Even if everyone believes Spidey still wins, it at least provides a bit of actual debate, and may change the reason as to why he wins.

Admittedly, the reasons Crimson gave are, as usual, well written. I just sought to provide a point of view from someone whom has actually read the Death and Destiny series.

I'd love that. But I wasn't sure if there was an 8-A or 9-B version that would be an interesting match.

I totally forgot to factor in Sanura's necklace into my reasoning above. But essentially, if he's on the verge of death, it'll burn his attacker brutally, and heal all his wounds, and give him his stamina back. It's one time use though. A nice kind of second chance if his opponent doesn't one shot him.

>8-A and 9-B T'Challa exist

I've already made the match.

Alright. I hope I'm not too late.

I don't know how well the fire paws will matter. This is the Iron Spider, ja? Peter boi traveled through the atmosphere in that suit, showing very little discomfort. Plus, in Homecoming, he ran through fire without any suit to speak of. While I do not doubt Assefa's martial arts skills, Peter's Spider-Sense and natural athleticism will pay well into this equation. This will allow him to dodge Assefa's blows while conjuring some decent strikes of his own. And the thing about his webs is that he doesn't need to web his enemy directly. Remember things such as Web Grenade? It is perfectly in-character for him to use that mid-battle, and I'm not entirely sure if Assefa can blow away an entire carpet of webs flung at him.

Overall, Spider-Man's versitility helps him a lot in this battle. Assefa's nigh-ressurection in one of the few things that I can see throwing a wrench into the works, but my vote hasn't changed

The microbursts should be able to. A weaker witch than Sanura was able to blow open a hole in a wall of water made by 40 water witches with just one. A traveling storm of them around Assefa's body should help, seeing as how Peter can't land physical attacks on him without first getting around the microbursts. Though, to be fair, this was before either of them were 8-A. But I suppose it's just to show what the microbursts are capable of. They hit with rather explosive force. A hard impact, which I believe to be suitable for dispersing the webs.

To be fair, I didn't realize he had web grenades. Though I don't think that's too much different from blowing a hole in a wall of water fueled by the magic of an entire witch coven. I don't think the webs will be able to get through all that easily, if at all. And even if they do get through, I think they'd be weakened enough that Assefa himself can take care of the remainder. The webs aren't magical so they're not going to dispel of the enchantment on Assefa. It'll stay up, which will still make close ranged combat difficult for Spidey. Though, to be fair, Assefa will also find it incredibly difficult to land a hit on Spiderman. His spider sense is better than his supernaturally enhanced senses.

And it seems the webs have resistance to fire. I completely forgot about that bit during Infinity War. (And the piece during homecoming as I didn't go see that). That's a well made point. I do doubt that those flames were 8-A. But showing heat resistance is all that's really necessary I believe.

I do think that Sanura's necklace would rather severely cripple Peter, and make it difficult for him to make a comeback, as the necklace heals wounds and restores stamina. And it potentially bypasses durability to an extent. Most of the supernatural creatures they fight have increased durability due to either their scales, toughed/hardened skin, a shell, or some other aspect of their physiology. The flames didn't seem to care about that, and made the victory against a creature that had previously broken Assefa's back, in Mngwa form, quite simple. Though the creatures was also damaged from the battle with Assefa already. And, once again, this was in their 9-B forms, but the same thing should apply to their 8-A versions.

I still believe it's closer to inconclusive. Assefa's primary win condition is crippling Spidey with Sanura's necklace, and going to town once he's crippled. But I think Spidey will be hard pressed to get through the microbursts. Especially considering that they repelled multiple creatures of Assefa's level at once.

And thank you for replying.

Back