• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spider-Man (Marvel Cinematic Universe) vs Spider-Man (Raimi Spider-Man Trilogy)

-In character
-Standard equipment

AP
Both scale to each other

dexv1ba-843f423c-cdc6-4504-b147-a2fd96cc6c1b.png
d9u57kv-178b9474-2e41-49f7-9b88-f614d7a6eac8.png

No one was making this match, so I decided to do it myself. MCU Spider-Man took down his spectacular counterpart. Now, can he take down the living legend himself?

Spider-Man (Marvel Cinematic Universe): 8 (Coolboy6, Lonkitt, Lacku, Tarang123, ZoroNotZolo, TauanVictor, ThePrimalHunter, sanicspood)
Spider-Man (Raimi Spider-Man Trilogy):
Incon:

Last edited:
Is this iron spider or his base? Either way, raimi spiderman wins due to more experience

Oh I see, but still raimi spiderman FRA

Is this iron spider or his base? Either way, raimi spiderman wins due to more experience
Experience doesn't really hold precedence here because MCU Spider-Man has fought more than his fair share of opponents and been in a multitude of situations.

For instance, MCU Cap has an insane experience edge over MCU Spidey but the latter still won that versus thread.

Gonna need a better reasoning. It's more thorough than simply boiling it down to experience.

I mean, raimi spiderman has restrained mcu spidey from killing goblin, and he was fighting with his enemies longer than he has, And he has showcased having a better durability.

One Spidey has more experience while the other has better tech.
I think MCU Spidey takes this because of tech and shit like that.

I mean, raimi spiderman has restrained mcu spidey from killing goblin, and he was fighting with his enemies longer than he has, And he has showcased having a better durability.
He wasn't restraining him, he simply stopped him from killing Goblin because there's a much better solution in this situation. It's not some be all end all feat to decide who's better.

Despite this, vote counted.

One Spidey has more experience while the other has better tech.
Raimi spider man definitely doesn't have more experience. MCU Peter has fought super soldiers, giants (refering to ant man here),
Thanos, in endgame he pretty much fought in a war and their is still more that I can mention

Raimi spider man definitely doesn't have more experience. MCU Peter has fought super soldiers, giants (refering to ant man here),
Thanos, in endgame he pretty much fought in a war and their is still more that I can mention
You know that thanos part was an outlier

Before you say the web part is an outliner Peter has class m lifting strength with webbing. Which is still less than Thanos's ls but more than enough to restrain him when he is fighting people who can actually somewhat harm him (strange and Tony)

He still fought enemies equivalent to super soldiers, if not stronger. And do keep in mind that raimi spiderman literally went up against a literal giant sandman. And he was spiderman longer than mcu spidey was.

He still fought enemies equivalent to super soldiers, if not stronger. And do keep in mind that raimi spiderman literally went up against a literal giant sandman. And he was spiderman longer than mcu spidey was.
There comes a point when experience diff becomes effectively irrelevant because both individuals in question have done their niche for a long enough amount of time. That applies to this.

Raimi spiderman still hits harder, he had goblin at his mercy with only 5 punches thrown at him and it was very effective, mcu spiderman punched him so many times and he just laughed it off

Raimi spiderman still hits harder, he had goblin at his mercy with only 5 punches thrown at him and it was very effective, mcu spiderman punched him so many times and he just laughed it off
Goblin laughed it off because he was making fun of MCU Peter for holding back. When the latter wasn't holding back, the same beatdown from Spider-Man 1 happened, except Gobby couldn't fake out his opponent. MCU Peter and his Raimi counterpart are equals here.

Goblin laughed it off because he was making fun of MCU Peter for holding back. When the latter wasn't holding back, the same beatdown from Spider-Man 1 happened, except Gobby couldn't fake out his opponent. MCU Peter and his Raimi counterpart are equals here.
They may be equals, but that still doesn't mean Raimi spiderman can't bully him

And since they scale to their each other, raimi spiderman is still gonna eventually catch up to him.

Actually no Peter just released them because he wasn't trying to restrain Doc Ock he was trying to directly combat him. Makes sense since the latter did piss him off with that girlfriend comment.

Strong yes. But do they have skill feats anywhere near someone like Bucky, cap, Thanos. MCU Spidey also fought against giants like ant man. And how is any of that more impressive than fighting in a literal war with super enemies. Hell MCU Peter even fought against Strange.

Strong yes. But do they have skill feats anywhere near someone like Bucky, cap, Thanos. MCU Spidey also fought against giants like ant man. And how is any of that more impressive than fighting in a literal war with super enemies. Hell MCU Peter even fought against Strange.
That mirror dimension geometry scene made me nut

Scene was so ****** awesome

He still never beat strange, all he did was just catch him by surprise by that "geometry" gimic that trapped him.

Given that Iron Spider really didn't have a nice time with base Ock even when everyone was safe and they were ready to take on each other without any outside distractions, whereas Tobey was actually faring much better even with his Existential Crisis in play (Even more so when Ock kidnapped MJ), I'd say Tobey takes this.

Tom's experience really didn't come into play until London, and even then, in his beatdown of Gobby, it took way more hits than it should've, whereas Tobey easily brutalized Gobby while being severely weakened himself to the point of making him beg Tobey to stop (After Gobby used MJ as leverage and caused Tobey to lose his shit).

He’s been Spider-Man for a longer time though and doesn’t need stark tech and all that.

In the span of a few years and still got his ass handed to him, and remember, he got dusted for 5 years on top. He finally mastered his Tingle in London.

Tobey's been at it for almost 30 years (He started out as Spider-Man as the age of 17).

In the span of a few years and still got his ass handed to him, and remember, he got dusted for 5 years on top. He finally mastered his Tingle in London.

Tobey's been at it for almost 30 years (He started out as Spider-Man as the age of 17).
He still got the moves

Given that Iron Spider really didn't have a nice time with base Ock even when everyone was safe and they were ready to take on each other without any outside distractions, whereas Tobey was actually faring much better even with his Existential Crisis in play (Even more so when Ock kidnapped MJ), I'd say Tobey takes this.

Tom's experience really didn't come into play until London, and even then, in his beatdown of Gobby, it took way more hits than it should've, whereas Tobey easily brutalized Gobby while being severely weakened himself to the point of making him beg Tobey to stop (After Gobby used MJ as leverage and caused Tobey to lose his shit).
Yet we still consider all the Spider-Men equal even with showings such as this

I feel like people are relying far too much on experience rather than looking at skill. People forget that MCU Peter was casually stomping incredibly skilled military fighters early into his career as well as more superhuman threats and only got better from there. Along with that, I think it might be a little harder for Raimi Peter to counter the web combos such as the Taser Webs. If we’re including EDITH here, then Raimi Peter has a lot more to look out for

The second point really isn’t fair, Raimi Peter’s strength essentially came back after his exhaustion at the bridge while we’ve all gone over why MCU Peter didn’t stomp Goblin to hell and back in their fight fight several times before. In the second fight, MCU Peter was essentially going overkill. As for the Ock part in SM2, he only briefly lost his powers for about a few seconds in their first fight. After that, he was fine until losing them

In terms of Spider-Senses, this one easily goes to MCU Peter, this one shouldn’t even be a debate. It’s clearly more advanced and can pick up on threats in a greater detail. Not underselling Raimi Peter’s senses here, those are really good, but I’ve got more faith in MCU Peter’s senses since they can detect invisible attacks, illusions, harmful personalities, threats from very far distances (see the first Peter scene in Infinity War), and like Raimi Peter’s, still worked while weakened. Additionally, MCU Peter has a faster and higher tier regeneration

Overall, I really tend to favour that MCU Spider-Man’s versatility, which I really do think people undersell, so he gets my vote

Side note, I hate this matchup

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back