• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Spider-Man (Marvel Cinematic Universe) vs King Bradley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yall do realize Bradley can just, choose to not fight Spider-Man in a place where he can abuse range? Battle is in NYC Bradley can just cut his way into a building and chill there until Spider-Man realized he has to come in, it's not in character for him to do something like bring down a building. AP disadvantage doesn't matter at all cuz swords and Bradley is crushingly more skilled than not just Spidey but the whole MCU, and will view everything Spider-Man does in slowmo, so even with Spider-Sense I just can't see him get hit in a fight.
But it is in-character for him to run and hide in a building as his opening move?
How would he view Spider-Man in slow motion? Not only is speed equalized, but Spider-Mans reactions are far faster.
I see no proof his agility is far superior. He can dodge bullets and stuff because he's so fast, but speed is equalized here, and relative to his own speed Spider-Man's feats are just as impressive.
Yall, nobody has countered my arguments, you can't just go "lol grace" and ignore them.
If we were all obligated to respond to every post matches would never conclude. You're pretty much just repeating what's already been discussed regarding Bradley being more skilled and having swords, and my opinion hasn't changed.

But it is in-character for him to run and hide in a building as his opening move?
He's a tactician who's fully willing to play dirty, if he realizes the webs are a threat or that Spider-Man's gonna play range, he'll do that.
How would he view Spider-Man in slow motion? Not only is speed equalized, but Spider-Mans reactions are far faster.
??? Spider-Man's reactions being faster doesn't mean Bradley doesn't view him in Slo-Mo, it just means they both see each other that way. Except that Spider-Sense isn't active at all times, just when he's being attacked, so Bradley has the advantage there.
I see no proof his agility is far superior. He can dodge bullets and stuff because he's so fast, but speed is equalized here, and relative to his own speed Spider-Man's feats are just as impressive.
How is "leaped across falling rubble to escape a train car" any less impressive than anything Spider-Man has done?
If we were all obligated to respond to every post matches would never conclude. You're pretty much just repeating what's already been discussed regarding Bradley being more skilled and having swords, and my opinion hasn't changed.
Nobody before me pointed out that Bradley doesn't have to chase Spider-Man if he uses range, and the argument of "superior mobility FRA" is also wrong.

He's a tactician who's fully willing to play dirty, if he realizes the webs are a threat or that Spider-Man's gonna play range, he'll do that.

??? Spider-Man's reactions being faster doesn't mean Bradley doesn't view him in Slo-Mo, it just means they both see each other that way. Except that Spider-Sense isn't active at all times, just when he's being attacked, so Bradley has the advantage there.
If they both see each other in Slo-Mo then it cancels out. Also he is being attacked... and if you mean it only activates while an attack is literally coming at him, that's wrong too. At least after NWH it's shown to predict danger before the action even happens.
How is "leaped across falling rubble to escape a train car" any less impressive than anything Spider-Man has done?

Nobody before me pointed out that Bradley doesn't have to chase Spider-Man if he uses range, and the argument of "superior mobility FRA" is also wrong.
You see what he did to Doctor Strange? Have you even seen him move around?
I simply don't buy the skill argument just because a hypersonic character was able to jump on some rubble.
I've seen both of their feats now, and I still think Spider-Mans are more impressive relative to his speed.
Unless you're about to hit me with a scientific study on how jumping on rubble is objectively more difficult than doing complex math while parkouring in the mirror dimension mid-battle to web up a wizard, then that's just my opinion.

Just wanted to ask where in Bradley's profile does it say he sees things in slow motion with the Ultimate Eye?

Also the Spider Sense does allow Peter to move automatically if needed and warn him beforehand of danger, where Bradley needs to move himself, the Eye just gives him the details of everything quickly and how to do it then he moves on his own.

And yeah, Spidey moving around avoiding Doctor Strange while then latter was literally warping the environment to his advantage seems like a better Acrobatic feat to me.

Last edited:
If they both see each other in Slo-Mo then it cancels out. Also he is being attacked... and if you mean it only activates while an attack is literally coming at him, that's wrong too. At least after NWH it's shown to predict danger before the action even happens.
Ok, but Bradley's is active at all times.
I simply don't buy the skill argument just because a hypersonic character was able to jump on some rubble.
Its was framed as moving in the scene. I could make the same argument for Spider-Man.
Unless you're about to hit me with a scientific study on how jumping on rubble is objectively more difficult than doing complex math while parkouring in the mirror dimension mid-battle to web up a wizard, then that's just my opinion.
Jumping on rubble that is literally falling down after being scattered by an explosion and ascending to safety, yeah, I think it is.
Just wanted to ask where in Bradley's profile does it say he sees things in slow motion with the Ultimate Eye?
Speed.
Also the Spider Sense does allow Peter to move automatically if needed and warn him beforehand of danger, where Bradley needs to move himself, the Eye just gives him the details of everything quickly and how to do it then he moves on his own.
Yeah, which with his skill is just as good as instinctive reaction.

I don't see anything that warrants it in Speed, just him being Higher with the Ultimate Eye and better reflexes.
... yeah, exactly. His perception speed is higher than his combat speed.
As for the train feat, honestly Spider-Man can do the same thing so I don't think it's that impressive.
When lol
Bradley can still be blind sided and caught off guard by something not in his field of vision. The Spider Sense doesn't have that issue.
What exactly is going to catch him off-guard? He's not gonna stop looking at Spider-Man lol, who's gonna be a bit too busy not getting hacked into pieces to try any strategy.

Honestly, everyone's out here talking about how the Spider Sense is way better than Bradley's version but Spider-Man- all the NWH Spider-Men- still get hit by opponents very often, just in NWH you've got these guys getting smacked by people like Goblin or Lizard who effectively have nothing more than their high stats in combat, sure they dodge a lot of stuff but they get hit just as often even by relatively unimpressive combatants. Some of the stuff earlier on in their stories can be excused by inexperience but even at their peak they're still far from impossible to hit.

Meanwhile Bradley actually never even comes close to losing a fair fight in the entire manga, he gets double teamed by two of the most skilled dudes in FMA and beats them without a scratch (and arguably, he's holding back then), they literally need to blind-side him with a double suicide attack exploiting his Ultimate Eye's weakness, inflict him with a lethal wound, take away his preferred weapons and put him up against Scar, who is also among the most skilled in FMA's cast and would literally instakill him with a touch (with many other fighters being offered the chance of fighting and straight up chickening out because they realize they wouldn't stand a chance), before he even has a chance of losing, and even then Scar is on the defensive the entire fight, despite pulling out an ability Wrath didn't know about, and needs a stroke of luck to win against a dying Bradley.

Last edited:
Peter can web him up and in no way is he getting close to a guy with 2 swords
Honestly, everyone's out here talking about how the Spider Sense is way better than Bradley's version but Spider-Man- all the NWH Spider-Men- still get hit by opponents very often, just in NWH you've got these guys getting smacked by people like Goblin or Lizard who effectively have nothing more than their high stats in combat, sure they dodge a lot of stuff but they get hit just as often even by relatively unimpressive combatants. Some of the stuff earlier on in their stories can be excused by inexperience but even at their peak they're still far from impossible to hit.

Meanwhile Bradley actually never even comes close to losing a fair fight in FMA, he gets double teamed by two of the most skilled dudes in FMA and doesn't even get scratched (and arguably, he's holding back then), they literally need to blind-side him with a double suicide attack exploiting his Ultimate Eye's weakness, inflict him with a lethal wound, take away his preferred weapons and put him up against Scar, who is also among the most skilled in FMA's cast and would literally instakill him with a touch, before he even has a chance of losing, and even then Scar is on the defensive the entire fight, despite pulling out an ability Wrath didn't know about, and needs a stroke of luck to win against a dying Bradley.
here

... yeah, exactly. His perception speed is higher than his combat speed.

When lol

What exactly is going to catch him off-guard? He's not gonna stop looking at Spider-Man lol, who's gonna be a bit too busy not getting hacked into pieces to try any strategy.
The same case is for Peter and his Spider Sense so I don't see it as that a great advantage.

Moving around a cramped hallway avoiding and taking out several armed droids shooting at him that were also messing with his sight and hearing. And then caught the arm of the guy who was about to shoot him when the guy was invisible and Peter wasn't even looking at him.

Swinging around the Mirror Dimension where Doctor Strange had the home field advantage and warped everything around him and still got trapped due to Peter figuring it out how everything worked in said dimension and using it against him.

To name a few. Also in that situation Bradley's in, Peter would just be warned prior to the explosion and get out or just web swing out after the explosion. I like to think they're equal in Acrobatics, but this is not that impressive to Spider-Men in general.

When Spider-Man has 10 times the range and shooting webs that are not only hard to rip off (only people comparable to him in strength can tear it off easily), but also stick to him if he's not careful. That would make it hard for Bradley to just get away when one stray web will trap him. Also if they hit his sword or Bradley gets close, Spider-Man can just grab him and disarm him (Class 100 vs Class 25). Spider Sense can keep up with Ultimate Eye as Spider-Man doesn't need to think about avoiding anything and just focus on the fight while Bradley needs to.

Spider-Man got hit by people who are as fast as him or he holds back. This type of thing happens to even the comic book version. Bradley was faster than everyone else in FMA which helped with UE and his experience. With Speed equalized, the playing field is more even.

To name a few. Also in that situation Bradley's in, Peter would just be warned prior to the explosion and get out or just web swing out after the explosion. I like to think they're equal in Acrobatics, but this is not that impressive to Spider-Men in general.
Explosions aren't really a big part of Bradley's deal, it's just something he's done once.
When Spider-Man has 10 times the range and shooting webs that are not only hard to rip off (only people comparable to him in strength can tear it off easily), but also stick to him if he's not careful. That would make it hard for Bradley to just get away when one stray web will trap him.
Correction, one stray web applied to just the right position so that Bradley can't cut it off but is simultaneously enough to hinder him and also won't just allow him to escape by ripping off his clothes, ain't too easy to pull that off when Bradley is just as evasive as him.
Also if they hit his sword or Bradley gets close, Spider-Man can just grab him and disarm him (Class 100 vs Class 25).
Bradley has five swords, and "just grab him" is basically equal to me just saying "bradley just stabs him gg"
Spider Sense can keep up with Ultimate Eye as Spider-Man doesn't need to think about avoiding anything and just focus on the fight while Bradley needs to.
Yeah, but Bradley still has both way better skill and way better showings, so Spider Sense being good isn't enough to say Spider-Man can keep up for as long as you're saying.
Spider-Man got hit by people who are as fast as him or he holds back.
Which are both things that are the case here, at least at first for the latter. Not that him holding back should in any way mean he gets hit more, in fact if he's not putting all his efforts into fighting he should probably be more able to dodge, not less.

Like seriously, no matter how you slice it, even if he wasn't using all of his strength, which is true, he wasn't, he still couldn't escape from Goblin at all when he was laying the smackdown on him, Bradley in that position could have danced around him forever. And that's without getting into getting smacked around by Doc Oc or his counterparts also struggling with relatively unimpressive villains. I don't think a single villain in any Spider-Man movie has actual combat training.
This type of thing happens to even the comic book version. Bradley was faster than everyone else in FMA which helped with UE and his experience. With Speed equalized, the playing field is more even.
Meh, it's not like he blitzes others that often, even when he's holding back or wounded enough to be on their level he just skillstomps people left and right.

Explosions aren't really a big part of Bradley's deal, it's just something he's done once.
Still, just saying that alone is better than anything Spider-Man doesn't sit right with me when Peter has shown to be as capable in this regard.
Correction, one stray web applied to just the right position so that Bradley can't cut it off but is simultaneously enough to hinder him and also won't just allow him to escape by ripping off his clothes, ain't too easy to pull that off when Bradley is just as evasive as him.

Basically the feet (stops him from moving), the face (Ultimate Eye is blocked off) or the hands (keeps him from getting new swords) and by that I mean they'll be stuck in a way that it would take Bradley cutting off his foot/hand to get off, as these are places Peters aims for in character and they are completely covered or stuck to the ground (usually the feet) when doing so. If he can keep up with Bradley, and he can, it won't be impossible, just difficult.
Bradley has five swords, and "just grab him" is basically equal to me just saying "bradley just stabs him gg"
Yes but what is easier to do, getting a new sword out and slashing/thrusting/stabbing someone with it or just flicking your wrist to shoot webs that will be difficult for him to get off and severely hinder him up close?

Yeah, but Bradley still has both way better skill and way better showings, so Spider Sense being good isn't enough to say Spider-Man can keep up for as long as you're saying.

Which are both things that are the case here, at least at first for the latter. Not that him holding back should in any way mean he gets hit more, in fact if he's not putting all his efforts into fighting he should probably be more able to dodge, not less.

Like seriously, no matter how you slice it, even if he wasn't using all of his strength, which is true, he wasn't, he still couldn't escape from Goblin at all when he was laying the smackdown on him, Bradley in that position could have danced around him forever. And that's without getting into getting smacked around by Doc Oc or his counterparts also struggling with relatively unimpressive villains. I don't think a single villain in any Spider-Man movie has actual combat training.

Meh, it's not like he blitzes others that often, even when he's holding back or wounded enough to be on their level he just skillstomps people left and right.
The problem here is Spider-Man will be moving before Bradley gets a chance to try anything as the Spider Sense will warn him beforehand. The people Bradley fought never had a Precog ability that can move his body away from attacks for him. Or webs that can trap him if hit once. Or can easily physically overpower him.

Though I won't argue for skill or experience since Bradley has that in the bag, along with the UE are what make it hard for Peter to win in the first place.

You can change me to Neutral since Armor's points convinced me that Bradley has a good chance of winning.

Basically the feet (stops him from moving), the face (Ultimate Eye is blocked off) or the hands (keeps him from getting new swords) and by that I mean they'll be stuck in a way that it would take Bradley cutting off his foot/hand to get off, as these are places Peters aims for in character and they are completely covered or stuck to the ground (usually the feet) when doing so. If he can keep up with Bradley, and he can, it won't be impossible, just difficult.
Very difficult, yes.
Yes but what is easier to do, getting a new sword out and slashing/thrusting/stabbing someone with it or just flicking your wrist to shoot webs that will be difficult for him to get off and severely hinder him up close?
Dodging the webs is easier than either.
You can change me to Neutral since Armor's points convinced me that Bradley has a good chance of winning.
I can agree with that

I'm pretty much neutral for now too but whether they're inside or not Bradley having a sword in either hand shouldn't matter my only question is what just stops peter in speed equalized and knowing what Bradley's going to do before it happens from just simply firing a continuous stream of webs to restrain Bradley like having a sword is great and all but even without web combinations Peter's casual webs when fired in a simple stream restrained a planes engine almost instantly no matter how fast that was going or the fact that it should just be able to dice it regularly if just having a bladed weapon was enough to do the trick

Nothing literally stops peter from just reacting and firing a continuous stream and simply just move with Bradley while he fires if he does anything

He can, but he'd have to hit them, and Bradley has plenty of spares.
I'm pretty much neutral for now too but whether they're inside or not Bradley having a sword in either hand shouldn't matter my only question is what just stops peter in speed equalized and knowing what Bradley's going to do before it happens from just simply firing a continuous stream of webs to restrain Bradley like having a sword is great and all but even without web combinations Peter's casual webs when fired in a simple stream restrained a planes engine almost instantly no matter how fast that was going or the fact that it should just be able to dice it regularly if just having a bladed weapon was enough to do the trick

Nothing literally stops peter from just reacting and firing a continuous stream and simply just move with Bradley while he fires if he does anything
I mean a plane turbine is a hell of a lot less mobile than Wrath, and a lot less precise in its attacks, I don't really think that holds up nevermind that the speed of a turbine is nothing to webs fired at MHS speeds

So yeah, Bradley can just run inside a building to prevent Spider-Man from abusing his range and I don't think webbing him up is going to be so easy, whether in close quarters or at range.

He can, but he'd have to hit them, and Bradley has plenty of spares.
Yeah and I get that but in the case spares simply would not matter if he's attempting to simply web his body that's what I'm saying disregarding all the obvious he can dodge or do literally anything stuff which is all fair game but even still just saying in general nothing really is stopping Peter on any space whether up close or at range from simply just unloading a continuous stream at wrath again whether they're inside a building or not it's viable actually probably moreso inside since it gives less space for maneuverability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back