• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Spider-Man (Marvel Cinematic Universe) vs King Bradley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Standard Equipment: Web-shooters, which can be set to shoot rapid fire, web grenade, taser web, splitter web, ricochet web or Spider-Tracers. His suit also comes with aperture-adjusting goggles, a parachute, a drone and web glider-wings. E.D.I.T.H. glasses.

• Tech Suit: The updated suit has many new features, such as Karen, an artificially intelligent system to aid him, a heads-up display embedded in the eye lenses, a reconnaissance drone, a parachute, a heater and retractable wingsuit components. The suit was monitored by the Stark Industry Training Wheels Protocol, a program designed and installed into the suit by Stark to restrict certain actions, and the Baby Monitor Protocol, which tracked and recorded everything through the eye lenses. The suit can fire 576 possible web-shooter combinations. Peter later designed himself using Stark tech, an upgraded suit called the Bosco Suit with improved webbing, 25% more current in taser-webs, a better webwing and parachute
  • Iron Spider Suit: Item 17A, also known as the Iron Spider Armor, is a suit designed and built by Tony Stark for Peter Parker to use as an Avenger. The suit increases his strength, speed and durability. The suit features a Neural-Reactive Interface, Spider-Legs, Armored Web-Shooters, Self-Contained Environmental Protection, and a parachute. The suit can materialize itself and can be remote controlled.
  • Stealth Suit: This black Kevlar suit was given to him by Nick Fury so that no one recognizes Peter
  • Optional Equipment: Magical Web-Shooter and Villain Cures
Intelligence: Genius (Created his web-shooters under a very limited budget. Created a more potent version of the suit provided to him by Tony Stark. Figured out a way to defeat Mysterio in the short timespan of a jet flight from the Netherlands to London. Shown to be multilingual. Identified the material of Falcon's wings and how they worked by simply glancing at them. Built a makeshift bomb with a downed EDITH drone in the middle of combat. Should be at least as smart as, if not smarter than Ned Leeds, who could hack into the Stark Suit. Broke out of the Damage Control Deep Storage Vaultwith some assistance from Karen and a calculator, which was said to be "the most secure facility on the Eastern Seaboard".Understood the theoretical mechanics of the multiverse. Easily defeated the Winter Soldier and Falcon at the same time, with Iron Man personally commentating that his combat display in Berlin proved he had potential and was "the real deal". Tony considered Peter to be a candidate for MIT, which is a research university specialized in applied science and engineering where some of the brightest technological minds have worked. Acted as the lead strategist when working alongside his older counterparts against villains from their universes. Understood how the Mirror Dimension worked through advanced knowledge on geometry, trapping Doctor Strange within it despite the latter using multiple magical abilities against him. Successfully fixed Otto Octavius' inhibitor chip after deducing how it was negatively affected him, with Norman Osborn calling Peter's work "remarkable". Worked on cures to various supervillains' powers, including Sandman's abilities, in a matter of hours)

here

It will give him the advantage since he can spam different versions of webs to incap Bradley and web his eyes too lol. Spider-Man can chase Bradley if he tries to run and take a hostage he will web them both up if he has too.
Yeah, or, consider this, Bradley stabs him. You're simplifying shit so much it's unreal, like Bradley isn't the better fighter here who can easily predict anything Spider-Man does with his powers. "Oh just chase him and web him up, it's so easy".

I've made my arguments as to why Spider-Man's combat showings prove that Bradley would be able to land a hit on Spider-Man way before he gets webbed up, and I stand by them.

Counterpoint to the "bradley just runs into a building argument", you also assume that spider-man knowingly follows the guy with the swords into close-quarters combat when he has genius intelligence and can use basic reasoning. Bradley only has a chance if spiderman just loses his intelligence and goes into the building, doesn't just spam his web shooters and doesn't even try to get out of the building if Bradley gets an upper hand.

Counterpoint to the "bradley just runs into a building argument", you also assume that spider-man knowingly follows the guy with the swords into close-quarters combat when he has genius intelligence and can use basic reasoning. Bradley only has a chance if spiderman just loses his intelligence and goes into the building, doesn't just spam his web shooters and doesn't even try to get out of the building if Bradley gets an upper hand.
Ye, like... If that happened, even this Spidey would try to engage Wrath stealthy if he tried to hide in a building; this Peter is young and immature like any other teenager, but he is still a very smart kid, so he won't be dumb enough to engage a swordsman without some plan.

Dude i guess ******' Goblin is a skill monster if he nearly killed Spider-Man, why didn't Spidey just spam range and web him up anyway, feels silly not for him to do that y'know, just very curious
Uhh idk if u actually watched nwh but he literally couldn’t range spam him cuz they were literally in a corridor. And webbing goblin up was literally the FIRST thing Peter did, he just broke out of it, so Peter knew webbing him obviously wouldn’t work

Why wouldn't he lol, he has no reason to believe Bradley is on his level. Plus like... there's not much of a choice, it's not like he can force Bradley to come out.
Ye, like... If that happened, even this Spidey would try to engage Wrath stealthy if he tried to hide in a building; this Peter is young and immature like any other teenager, but he is still a very smart kid, so he won't be dumb enough to engage a swordsman without some plan.
I can't recall this Spider-Man using stealth, and I don't see it working when Bradley's fully aware he exists. And again, I really don't see why this guy who can bench trucks should be afraid of a 60 year old man with swords.
Ye. But Spiderman's stronger LS, his Webs, and Spidey's range and willingness to spam his webs, really reduce the skill advantage Wrath has due to the simple fact that if he gets caught by spidey's weebs against a surface, he's trapped in place with no hope of taking advantage of his skill and experience.
ah shit not the weebs

Wait I don't see that they know anything about the other in the OP so how would he anticipate or know anything about any of his hundreds of web combinations and in that same sense spider wouldn't know about his ultimate eye's ability same way Bradley wouldn't for any of spideys

Why wouldn't he lol, he has no reason to believe Bradley is on his level. Plus like... there's not much of a choice, it's not like he can force Bradley to come out.
I'd like to imagine Spider-man just sits outside the building and just stands and waits

But in all seriousness Spider-man isn't gonna just run in without any strategy, and even though he may not know of any of Bradley's techniques, Spider-man would obviously know this was a trap. In the same vein, Bradley doesn't have any previous knowledge on Spider-man, so it's not like Bradley would take Spider-man too seriously at the beginning either.
I can't recall this Spider-Man using stealth, and I don't see it working when Bradley's fully aware he exists. And again, I really don't see why this guy who can bench trucks should be afraid of a 60 year old man with swords.
I somewhat agree with this, it's not like Spider-man can really hide, but it's also not like he's not gonna try and formulate a plan for best getting into the building knowing it's a trap. I am well aware that Bradley doesn't look like somebody on Spider-man's level, but in the case of your argument, Bradley's speed and skill with swords as demonstrated with the brief scuffle outside the building should leave Spider-man cautious.
ah shit not the weebs
I genuinely don't see the issue about the webs. Can you explain what's the problem here?

I'd like to imagine Spider-man just sits outside the building and just stands and waits

But in all seriousness Spider-man isn't gonna just run in without any strategy, and even though he may not know of any of Bradley's techniques, Spider-man would obviously know this was a trap. In the same vein, Bradley doesn't have any previous knowledge on Spider-man, so it's not like Bradley would take Spider-man too seriously at the beginning either.

I somewhat agree with this, it's not like Spider-man can really hide, but it's also not like he's not gonna try and formulate a plan for best getting into the building knowing it's a trap. I am well aware that Bradley doesn't look like somebody on Spider-man's level, but in the case of your argument, Bradley's speed and skill with swords as demonstrated with the brief scuffle outside the building should leave Spider-man cautious.

I genuinely don't see the issue about the webs. Can you explain what's the problem here?
Webs have a higher ls than Bradley and they can be used in many different forms so webs is a win con for spider man

they accidentally said weebs instead of webs

war-thunder-skill-problem.gif

But being real here, while Spider-man's webs, when used indoors removes the maneuverability and agility that Spider-man is known for, his spider sense should still be able to alert him of Bradley's first attack, and taking it at face value that Bradley's Ultimate Eye is = Spider Sense, one good shot from Peter is all it takes to drastically limit Bradley's maneuverability, and with the massive LS of his webs (and not to mention spider man himself is class 100), Bradley would find it very hard to accurately and quickly land a hit on Spider-man without being overwhelmed by the webs.

And not to mention, Spider-man can just as easily attempt to exit the building by blocking off Bradley if it's not going well for him, and then come back in with a better plan and being more prepared for Bradley's assaults.

Overall, I find it hard for Bradley to take out Spider-man if Spider-man actually plays it safe based off Armorchompy's description of their first clash, with Spiderman knowing that Bradley is skilled and that the building is a trap. The only way I really see Bradley winning is if he can take out Spider-man quickly when he enters the buildings, but Spider-sense + Spider-mans intelligence should still give him an edge.

Spider-man fra and per my reasoning, however I am open to change it.

If you take Ultimate Eye as comparable to Spider Sense, then it stands to reason that the one fighter with much greater skill and showings of managing to get through fights untouched would be capable of landing a shot first, he can throw his swords if needed and he has fairly substantial range with them within a building even without that, and a single good shot would cripple Spider-Man or just kill him outright.

There's also to consider Spider-Man's go to move being to hold back on foes and often attempt melee combat over range spam, especially against an opponent he'd have no reason to fear until the Spider-Sense starts kicking in, which would be when the clash is about to happen. And that single clash could very well mean the end of Spider-Man on its own.

If you take Ultimate Eye as comparable to Spider Sense, then it stands to reason that the one fighter with much greater skill and showings of managing to get through fights untouched would be capable of landing a shot first, he can throw his swords if needed and he has fairly substantial range with them within a building even without that, and a single good shot would cripple Spider-Man or just kill him outright.

There's also to consider Spider-Man's go to move being to hold back on foes and often attempt melee combat over range spam, especially against an opponent he'd have no reason to fear until the Spider-Sense starts kicking in, which would be when the clash is about to happen. And that single clash could very well mean the end of Spider-Man on its own.
The whole "getting through fights untouched" is 90% just his speed and reflexes, as nobody else scales to him. As it is equalized in this, that advantage would be gone.
And like I stated earlier, Spider-man would still be cautious when entering the building, seeing as how Bradley was able to cut through his webs and enter the house, which he knows is a trap. Bradley throwing his swords is just dumb, as that would mean there would have to be a range greater than melee, which Spider-man's spider-sense would just dodge due to that. And yes, while a single hit from Bradley is bad for Spider-man, we have to consider that Spider-man's webs can also end the fight due to their LS if Spider-man hits Bradley in the right spot.

Spider-man holds back in general, melee or ranged. Spider-man wouldn't fear Bradley, but in the short scuffle you laid out before Bradley went into the building, Spider-man would already know Bradley was a skilled swordsman, so it's not like he isn't going in without caution. Also, nothing stops Spider-man from just retreating if things are looking bad, he can just web-spam to keep Bradley away while he escapes to formulate a better plan, now that he knows about Bradley's danger.

Overall, I like your points, but i'm still voting Spider-man so far.

Edit: Also sorry for taking so long to respond. Went to bed pretty early.

Welp Armor made some valid points regardless so my vote goes to Wrath FRA

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back