• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Both opponents can fight each other and Raimi Peter can disable MCU Peter’s webs and can use his webs forever.
It was discussed and the conclusion is that MCU Peter is more skilled and has a much better Spider-Sense. How the hell Raimi Peter can achieve that wincon?

It was discussed and the conclusion is that MCU Peter is more skilled and has a much better Spider-Sense. How the hell Raimi Peter can achieve that wincon?
And Raimi Spiderman has shown better control over his powers, MCU Peter is not more skilled

As a matter of fact, in the Tobey vs Andrew thread unlimited webbing was a valid wincon so it should apply here

Both. Opponents. Can. Fight. Each. Other. THIS ISNT A STOMP. MCU Peter has more options of winning. You just like to request to close every ******* match you see in sight.

I’m more in the opinion of this being a very decisive win for MCU Peter rather than a stomp

This is straight up false
How is it straight up false? Raimi Spiderman shown a better proficiency over his powers than MCU Spidey does, Raimi Spiderman been had access to his spider-sense when he first got he powers, MCU Spidey's spider sense took long to function until NWH. And now that you've mentioned unlimited webbing is his wincon, he doesn't even need web shooters.

How is it straight up false? Raimi Spiderman shown a better proficiency over his powers than MCU Spidey does, Raimi Spiderman been had access to his spider-sense when he first got he powers, MCU Spidey's spider sense took long to function until NWH. And now that you've mentioned unlimited webbing is his wincon, he doesn't even need web shooters.
Doesn't matter now because that means he has fully manifested powers

A) Look at my main argument for my vote as to why MCU Peter is more skilled
B) More proficiency in his powers how…? Yeah, maybe compared to Civil War, but by the end of the series, this isn’t true at all
C) Took long to function? What are you talking about? It was working in Civil War, Homecoming, Infinity War, FFH (both weakened and at full strength), and NWH. It can even detect things that Raimi Peter and TASM Peter can’t. Please read MCU Peter’s page, I’ve filled it with a ton of Spider-Sense moments. Additionally, MCU Peter senses Electro and Sandman’s arrivals before the others
D) You can’t even argue that MCU Peter couldn’t access his Spider-Sense when he first had got bitten. We never saw what he went through

Last edited:
Both. Opponents. Can. Fight. Each. Other. THIS ISNT A STOMP
Really, though with the exception of the unlimited webs, MCU Peter excels in absolutely everything.

You say that Raimi Peter can break MCU Peter's Web Shooter, whereas MCU Peter could get away unharmed from several Mysterio drones chasing him, while Raimi Peter could be shot at close range by Green Goblin's equipment, apart from having a much better Spider-Sense as already discussed.

Where do you see a valid wincon for Raimi Peter here?

Admittedly, disabling web shooters isn’t as valid as a point here. TASM Peter’s web shooters are very clearly visible and easier to target, which TASM 1 supports in the final Lizard fight. MCU Peter’s web shooters are integrated into most of his suits, meaning all he’d have to do is tear the webbing shot onto the webshooters off

Really, though with the exception of the unlimited webs, MCU Peter excels in absolutely everything.

You say that Raimi Peter can break MCU Peter's Web Shooter, whereas MCU Peter could get away unharmed from several Mysterio drones chasing him, while Raimi Peter could be shot at close range by Green Goblin's equipment, apart from having a much better Spider-Sense as already discussed.

You do realize that Raimi spiderman has outran bullets from goblin's glider and perceived his pumpkin bats in slow motion right? He even sensed his glider that was going to stab him.

You do realize that Raimi spiderman has outran bullets from goblin's glider and perceived his pumpkin bats in slow motion right? He even sensed his glider that was going to stab him.
You…

You do know all the Peters are equal in travel and combat speed right….?

Just because one character has slightly better spider sense doesn’t make this a stomp LMFAO. Did you not see this fight or something?

You…

You do know all the Peters are equal in travel and combat speed right….?
That wasn't the point of what he said though, I never said that they didn't scale to each other in speed.

To be fair, MCU Spider-Man operates fairly differently including with the webshooters as they can’t be easily disabled given they’re integrated into the suit
True, but he could still go for the wrists to disable the web shooters.

True, but he could still go for the wrists to disable the web shooters.
He can't actually. Given the intregation of the webshooters, MCU Peter would just have to rip off the webbing, something him and his counterparts can perform with ease. TASM Peter's webshooters are fully exposed and easy to target

He can't actually. Given the intregation of the webshooters, MCU Peter would just have to rip off the webbing, something him and his counterparts can perform with ease. TASM Peter's webshooters are fully exposed and easy to target
Raimi Spiderman has pressure point strikes though

And Raimi Spiderman has still shown greater durability even if they scale to each other, especially with the pumpkin bombs, taking a bomb to the face is worse than taking it into the chest.

And Raimi Spiderman has still shown greater durability even if they scale to each other, especially with the pumpkin bombs, taking a bomb to the face is worse than taking it into the chest.
That's not how this works....he was at the epicentre, their durability is no different from one another. At this point you're making up wincons that are false

So the arguments for a valid wincon of Raimi Peter were summed up only in Ad Nauseam.

Thinking of stopping following, I'm not willing to write the same things.

That's not how this works....he was at the epicentre, their durability is no different from one another. At this point you're making up wincons that are false
Then what wincon do you suppose MCU spiderman would do?

I keep telling you to look at the argument I brought up for my vote
Oh never mind, cause from the looks of it, it seems more a debunk than an actual wincon for what MCU Peter is willing to do, but anyways...
I feel like people are relying far too much on experience rather than looking at skill. People forget that MCU Peter was casually stomping incredibly skilled military fighters early into his career as well as more superhuman threats and only got better from there. Along with that, I think it might be a little harder for Raimi Peter to counter the web combos such as the Taser Webs. If we’re including EDITH here, then Raimi Peter has a lot more to look out for

The second point really isn’t fair, Raimi Peter’s strength essentially came back after his exhaustion at the bridge while we’ve all gone over why MCU Peter didn’t stomp Goblin to hell and back in their fight fight several times before. In the second fight, MCU Peter was essentially going overkill. As for the Ock part in SM2, he only briefly lost his powers for about a few seconds in their first fight. After that, he was fine until losing them

In terms of Spider-Senses, this one easily goes to MCU Peter, this one shouldn’t even be a debate. It’s clearly more advanced and can pick up on threats in a greater detail. Not underselling Raimi Peter’s senses here, those are really good, but I’ve got more faith in MCU Peter’s senses since they can detect invisible attacks, illusions, harmful personalities, threats from very far distances (see the first Peter scene in Infinity War), and like Raimi Peter’s, still worked while weakened. Additionally, MCU Peter has a faster and higher tier regeneration

Overall, I really tend to favour that MCU Spider-Man’s versatility, which I really do think people undersell, so he gets my vote

Side note, I hate this matchup
Now I have a few problems with this, first of all, this is NWH Spider-man in this key, he does not have access to EDITH anymore. And I'll say it again, Raimi Spidey literally stomped Goblin with only 5 punches that scared him into begging for mercy, MCU Peter on the other hand used much more effort and Raimi Goblin didn't even care. Not to mention that Raimi Spiderman held a rage boosted Peter back from killing Goblin while staring at him. And now onto Spider-sense, you kinda are downplaying Raimi's Spider-sense when it's actually as good as MCU's Spider-sense. He knew something was wrong about Otto's machine at first when only a paperclip got sucked into the surface of it's sun. I mean, yes, MCU Spidey did sense something was wrong about Osborn, but I doubt Raimi Spider-Man even bought anything what Goblin told him to stop punching him into a bloody pulp. He knew that the train was going to crash several meters away from him, He sensed Harry throwing a pumpkin bomb behind his back and threw it right back at him. He sensed that a car was going to crash into that building when he was about to kiss Mary Jane. And if you're gonna say that Raimi Spider-Man's spider sense didn't detect when goblin stabbed him, it only focused on Tom going to kill Goblin.

Last edited:
Now I have a few problems with this, first of all, this is NWH Spider-man in this key, he does not have access to EDITH anymore. And I'll say it again, Raimi Spidey literally stomped Goblin with only 5 punches that scared him into begging for mercy, MCU Peter on the other hand used much more effort and Raimi Goblin didn't even care. Not to mention that Raimi Spiderman held a rage boosted Peter back from killing Goblin while staring at him. And now onto Spider-sense, you kinda are downplaying Raimi's Spider-sense when it's actually as good as MCU's Spider-sense. He knew something was wrong about Otto's machine at first when only a paperclip got sucked into the surface of it's sun. I mean, yes, MCU Spidey did sense something was wrong about Osborn, but I doubt Raimi Spider-Man even bought anything what Goblin told him to stop punching him into a bloody pulp. He knew that the train was going to crash several meters away from him, He sensed Harry throwing a pumpkin bomb behind his back and threw it right back at him. He sensed that a car was going to crash into that building when he was about to kiss Mary Jane.
Once again....people never look into the context for these movies

A) Goblin did beg for mercy, yes, but he only did so because he had a PERSONAL CONNECTION to Peter, which he knew he could possibly manipulate
B) MCU Peter held back in the first fight with Goblin and in the last fight stomped the shit out of him. He held back the first time which Goblin pointed out and then went overkill in the second fight. Please stop misinterpreting this fight
C) I'm not underselling Raimi Peter's Spider-Sense, I even said it was really good. Its not as good as MCU Peter's though. Him knowing there was something wrong with the machine was based on both his scientific knowledge and how strong the reactor was getting. His Spider-Sense can sense danger, but knowing the reactor was about to get out of hand is NOT advanced in comparison to MCU Peter's Spider-Sense
D) "I mean, yes, MCU Spidey did sense something was wrong about Osborn, but I doubt Raimi Spider-Man even bought anything what Goblin told him to stop punching him into a bloody pulp". Sure, but that was based on what Norman had did and was trying to say. He never actually detected Goblin's persona like MCU Peter did. I don't think you're comprehending how crazy this feat is. MCU Peter detected a harmful personality hiding within somebody. That's incredibly busted
E) Sensing the car being tossed and Harry's bomb are baby stuff in comparison to the higher end Spider-Sense feats of every Peter in NWH. Several meters for the train is pretty impressive. It's not THIS impressive though, especially when you remember how far the bridge the bus was on compared to the Q-Ship's spot. MCU Peter's Spider-Sense can also seen through illusions that quite literally tricked the entire world and two Skrulls. There is no way Raimi Peter's Spider-Sense is on par with that
F) MCU Peter wasn't rage boosted. Goblin mocks him before they start battling that he can't will himself to kill him before Peter says he's going to go all out. He doesn't have Rage Power. None of the Spider-Men are physically stronger than the other

Again, context is vital and I see a ton of Spider-Man VS debaters just ignore that for some reason

Additionally, you're ignoring everything that's been said about how MCU Peter's arsenal just overwhelms Raimi Peter. Even discounting EDITH, MCU Peter has a lot more dangerous web combos

Last edited:
Better safe than sorry if we see any new capabilities for it in the 4th film

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back