• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Late, but I feel like Andrew's spiderman and Tobey's spiderman should have a separate NWH key, just due to the fact that their spiderman movies weren't made with having no way home in mind, and due to the fact the NWH versions of Andrew and Tobey are an ambiguous amount of time AFTER all of their respective movies.
“Not made with future movies in mind” would destroy scaling over several verses (ex. Star Wars). It’s a very weak argument. Across this thread, we’ve proven that Tier 8 is very consistent for these characters. The time after the movies isn’t ambiguous. Electro comments on how TASM Peter is still young

Also useful to note is that Spider-Man usually stays more or less the same tier even as he gets older even in the comics and movies, he only gets a higher tier if he's received some sort of empowerment (e.g. the black suit) so they wouldn't really need a key unless they consistently display something greater than Tom's Spidey, as they now scale from him anyway.

"Electro was amped by the MCU's electricity, he should have three keys."
This is debunked by a conversation between MJ and Electro
MJ: No real way to sugarcoat that, it's literally the dungeon of a wizard.
Max: Look, you can keep your magic...I want a taste of that new energy I just felt.
Except that the very first scene he's in has him, and I'm quoting ned here
"look like he's charging" (he was absorbing energy from power lines)
A poor choice of word is definitively not more reliable than something that actually happens on screen.

edit: sorry if it was already mentionned, not really willing to read through 4 pages for that

This is essentially one of the few moments where crossover scaling is consistent and reliable
Leave it to the MCU to accomplish that.
Also even with time factoring into the equation, they haven't displayed anything to suggest anything besides tier 8. People want to push for 8-B but honestly 8-C is the same as his mainstream comic counterpart so it's totally cool.

Except that the very first scene he's in has him, and I'm quoting ned here
"look like he's charging" (he was absorbing energy from power lines)
A poor choice of word is definitively not more reliable than something that actually happens on screen.

edit: sorry if it was already mentionned, not really willing to read through 4 pages for that
He was charging energy, but not enough to where he experienced the full potential of the energy the MCU had in store. Some power lines out in the woods compared to the crazy advanced technology of the MCU is...not nearly comparable. Plus, we now have over 70 calcs of Electro's power so this can't be used as a counterpoint

He was charging energy, but not enough to where he experienced the full potential of the energy the MCU had in store. Some power lines out in the woods compared to the crazy advanced technology of the MCU is...not nearly comparable. Plus, we now have over 70 calcs of Electro's power so this can't be used as a counterpoint
The calcs aren't really a selling point of this tho.

I can only imagine what his tiering level would have been if he got his hands on some Stark tech.

The calcs aren't really a selling point of this tho.
Eh, doesn't matter ultimately since I trust Electro's word over the possibility that the power he took from those lines out in the forest amplified him to incredibly drastic heights. Plus, the calcs are a great way to show people he wasn't just a 9-B character until NWH

Last edited:
"the power, it's different. I like it.", and the line: "I want a taste of that new energy I just felt." is in the scene right after that. Some power lines in the wood is still what he called a new, better energy, and he absorbed it, so he can, and must, definitively get a NWH energy key.

"the power, it's different. I like it.", and the line: "I want a taste of that new energy I just felt." is in the scene right after that. Some power lines in the wood is still what he called a new, better energy, and he absorbed it, so he can, and must, definitively get a NWH energy key.
No, this doesn't warrant that at all. Yes, he liked the energy he felt, but to say it was comparable to the higher level electrical devices in the MCU is straight up wrong. Its even suggested he didn't get that much of the MCU's energy since he told MJ that he very much so wanted a taste of the new energy. This tells us he only ever got a VERY small fraction of the energy here

ahem sorry totally forgot about that part 😂 ahem
Though I meant things like the gigantic arc reactor or the original building he used to help power the city.
Hell, if he got his hands on something like the Power Stone he'd be pretty unstoppable.
As if he has the durability to handle the power stone

I'd call in the Eternals if he ever got his hands on that one lmao
I'd love to see Phastos assemble an infinity gauntlet!
Speaking of, I kind of thought Thanos would be Low 2-C with the complete gauntlet, since with the Time Stone he could affect an entire timeline or rebuild the entirety of the universe solely in his image.

ahem sorry totally forgot about that part 😂 ahem
Though I meant things like the gigantic arc reactor or the original building he used to help power the city.
Hell, if he got his hands on something like the Power Stone he'd be pretty unstoppable.
That big-ass arc reactor got nuked when Stane fell on it, remember?

The only other Arc Reactor left was for Stark Tower.

I'd love to see Phastos assemble an infinity gauntlet!
Speaking of, I kind of thought Thanos would be Low 2-C with the complete gauntlet, since with the Time Stone he could affect an entire timeline or rebuild the entirety of the universe solely in his image.
That last point only warrants 3-A

No, this doesn't warrant that at all. Yes, he liked the energy he felt, but to say it was comparable to the higher level electrical devices in the MCU is straight up wrong. Its even suggested he didn't get that much of the MCU's energy since he told MJ that he very much so wanted a taste of the new energy. This tells us he only ever got a VERY small fraction of the energy here
I never said that he should scale to the higher level electrical devices in the mcu, I said that he is explicitly stronger than before and thus should get another key with "stronger than before" and possibly an "at least" before his rating.

That big-ass arc reactor got nuked when Stane fell on it, remember?

The only other Arc Reactor left was for Stark Tower.
I do remember and I enjoyed seeing him get fried like that 😂 😂 as you say the Stark Tower one could still be an option.
This is more hypothetical stuff anyway, I'd just be curious to see what he'd be able to do with that kind of power.

I never said that he should scale to the higher level electrical devices in the mcu, I said that he is explicitly stronger than before and thus should get another key with "stronger than before" and possibly an "at least" before his rating.
Due to the limited amount of energy he received from the MCU, I don't believe this is warranted, but I understand what you mean

Sorry, I tried to find why but I read most of the thread and I couldn’t find the exact solid reason as to why the mean value for electro isn’t being used? Is it just “to be safe?” Or something?

Sorry, I tried to find why but I read most of the thread and I couldn’t find the exact solid reason as to why the mean value for electro isn’t being used? Is it just “to be safe?” Or something?
It's fine for Electro but it enters outlier territory for the Spider-Men, seeing as their best feat are the Pumpkin bombs, and the natural lightning bolts that Electro can summon, use and abuse from the clouds. At least if the mean is not used right now, but we have to re-do the means given the recalc I just did.

I think it had something to do with what happened in NWH and how the feats used were a point of contention? I could be wrong though.

Sorry I might be a bit ignorant to the differences, but I thought that anything involving the time aspect of a singular universe and not just the space and matter within, both creation and destruction would be Low 2-C?
I'm not necessarily sure as to how the mechanics for blowing up the time aspect instead of the 3-D aspect work.

Didn't think explaining universal tiering would occur here due to an Electro with the Power Stone joke

It's fine for Electro but it enters outlier territory for the Spider-Men, seeing as their best feat are the Pumpkin bombs, and the natural lightning bolts that Electro can summon, use and abuse from the clouds.
I mean, aren’t lightning bolts also quite variable in energy? I’d find it weird that he’d attack with much lesser energy than he contains himself. Specially since he became (somewhat) stronger in the MCU.

I mean, aren’t lightning bolts also quite variable in energy? I’d find it weird that he’d attack with much lesser energy than he contains himself. Specially since he became (somewhat) stronger in the MCU.
Oh, we'll be using the very casual 8-C electrical values + casual lightning to scale to the Spider-Men. Just not his higher and peak values

As for that last comment, Electro reaches 8-A once gaining the Arc Reactor

Didn't think explaining universal tiering would occur here due to an Electro with the Power Stone joke
Much like the great Wenwu, I've opened a door here and now untold horrors will spill from it.
The only way to preserve this good thread is to sacrifice myself. Good luck to you all!

Oh, we'll be using the very casual 8-C electrical values + casual lightning to scale to the Spider-Men. Just not his higher and peak values

As for that last comment, Electro reaches 8-A once gaining the Arc Reactor
Yeah but it’s only done for the sake of it being consistent. If it goes on like that it kinda becomes circular logic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back