• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sandman:
Attack Potency: Building level (Could fight Spider-Man) | Up to City Block level with enough sand (Fought against Electro. Overpowered the Spider-Man from his world and the one from the MCU on separate occasions. Tore up sections of a building under construction with casual swats)

Speed: Massively Hypersonic+ combat speed and reactions (Kept up with his Spider-Man in their battles. Managed to tag Venom) | Massively Hypersonic+ combat speed and reactions (Kept up with Electro)

Durability: Building level (Took hits from Spider-Man) | Up to City Block level with enough sand (Shielded off Electro's attacks. A swing kick from the Spider-Man of his universe was ineffective in harming him)

Base | Giant

Neither TASM nor Raimi films were made with MCU statistics in minds during their conception. It's a separate series, should be treated as such.
Isn't that kinda the same as saying since something happens in a prequel, it doesn't count because the original wasn't made in mind with it? You can't just ignore what happens in the movie, and it's the same characters as in the other series.

Pretty much the Raimi stuff and latest Electro calcs have backed up that the MCU scaling is consistent at this point, it's honestly funny
The Electro calcs have yet to be approved by calc group members, but I'm still of the belief that none of the Spideys should scale to the full yield even as a downscale save for the lightning bolts Electro shoots out of his hands, which are typical standard 1.6 gigajoule-yield bolts. Only Sandman as of now should visibly scale.

Last edited:
about that raimi spiderman movie comic, are we sure that's canon?
The Black is canon, yeah. It takes place immediately after Eddie receives the Symbiote and doesn't contradict anything. It even explains how he knew to find MJ and Flint Marko

Possibly more Raimi Spider-Man gallery content. Totally forgot this, but aside from making concept art for the first Spider-Man movie, Alex Ross also made some art of the Raimi Suit we got

IMG_2390.jpg

IMG_2391.jpg

The Electro calcs have yet to be approved by calc group members-
Looks like somebody did half an hour ago, so... We're good to go in that regard!
but I'm still of the belief that none of the Spideys should scale to the full yield even as a downscale save for the lightning bolts Electro shoots out of his hands, which are typical standard 1.6 gigajoule-yield bolts. Only Sandman as of now should visibly scale.
I think Qawsed brought up a good idea that we could scale the Spider-Men to the median or mean. I think the median could work pretty well to neither scale them too low or too high.

Last edited:
Looks like somebody did half an hour ago, so... We're good to go in that regard!
Welp, I guess I commented too late. I tagged Spino and DemonGod as well since DemonGod evaluated the original calc that is currently on Electro's profile, and Spino said he was gonna assist with Webbverse plus he's on both these threads.

I think Qawsed brought up a good odea that we could scale the Spider-Men to the median or mean. I think the median could work pretty well to neither scale them too low or too high.
Eh, I'm still not convinced, there is still the Unibeam tanking that Tom goes through twice in a row that might prolly play a factor against it, and we might not be able to dissuade people from scaling IM to Loki due to the whole Sokovia situation where it was ultimately decided that my 50+ ton of TNT recalc for IM's dura from that stuff was good to go.

I'm much more comfortable with them scaling to the traditional lightning bolts that Electro shoots out and the Pumpkin Bombs that pretty much everyone and their mother has tanked at this point.

Traditional lightning (as well the electrical values calc'd around that level) and Pumpkin Bombs feel the most consistent for those sticking to 8-C and those upscaling it

My proposition which starts with scaling from TASM Spider-Man is

At least Building level, likely Building level+, possibly Large Building level (Can take attacks from Electro, whose lightning bolts vary from these levels of voltage)

Last edited:
My proposition which starts with scaling from TASM Spider-Man is

At least Building level, likely Building level+ to Large Building level (Can take attacks from Electro, whose lightning bolts vary in voltage from these levels)
Big yikes on having those many values. Better to stick to one consistent value for the Base Spider-Men

While I love my Spider-Men, I don't think that'll work. It's kinda just slapping on several ratings on a lack of knowledge.

I'm more so thinking on how well the Spider-Men have tanked the Pumpkin Bombs, which is what I think we should look at tbh. Tobey was already beaten on for a while, took one to the face, survived an extra beatdown for like 3 minutes, and then just overpowered the Goblin afterwards the moment he stopped restraining himself. Tom in particularly just seemed to eat it so casually despite the bomb basically hugging his chest. Depending on how close to 8-C+ they are (I haven't checked in a while), it could be consistent to label them as 8-C+. But I think High 8-C is bordering on outlier territory imo.

Though that's just me throwing an idea out there. I'm neutral either way on what we end up scaling them to.

8-C+ is pretty consistent with Raimi Peter and MCU Peter taking Pumpkin Bombs at point blank range after already having taken severe beatings

While I love my Spider-Men, I don't think that'll work. It's kinda just slapping on several ratings on a lack of knowledge.

I'm more so thinking on how well the Spider-Men have tanked the Pumpkin Bombs, which is what I think we should look at tbh. Tobey was already beaten on for a while, took one to the face, survived an extra beatdown for like 3 minutes, and then just overpowered the Goblin afterwards the moment he stopped restraining himself. Tom in particularly just seemed to eat it so casually despite the bomb basically hugging his chest. Depending on how close to 8-C+ they are (I haven't checked in a while), it could be consistent to label them as 8-C+. But I think High 8-C is bordering on outlier territory imo.
Not only that Tom took the bomb pretty close to the chest after being suplexed into floors by Goblin several times breaking his ribs in the process. AKA Tom had his ribs broken and then took another big-ass explosion right where he had broken bones, and he only got temporarily knocked out before getting up quickly and then getting shot in the shoulder right after Aunt May dies.

Though that's just me throwing an idea out there. I'm neutral either way on what we end up scaling them to.
At the very least they'd scale above the Goblin bombs and Electro's casual lightning bolts.

I'm kinda biased, so I don't want for the High 8-C values to go ignored, but I'm neutral enough to be fine with them being deemed outliers.

Now you just gotta wait for Qawsedf to make the mean values again.
I mean, even after that, we'd just stick to one chosen value ultimately

Depending on how close to 8-C+ they are (I haven't checked in a while), it could be consistent to label them as 8-C+. But I think High 8-C is bordering on outlier territory imo.
Yeah, I can see the case for 8-C+ being made, but High 8-C wouldn't sit right with how the feats are looking

Would the Far From Home carousel destruction feat be useful to calc? If that can get tier 8 results, I think it could help in finding a consistent rating to go with.

Alternatively, we could consider the idea of a "At least 8-C" rating for the Spider-Men

Would the Far From Home carousel destruction feat be useful to calc? If that can get tier 8 results, I think it could help in finding a consistent rating to go with.

Alternatively, we could consider the idea of a "At least 8-C" rating for the Spider-Men
I disagree with your idea at the end there, but the first part with that feat could be useful for Mysterio at the very least

Last edited:
I'm still adamant about someone wanting to calc the Santa Maria Formosa feat. That's singlehandedly one of Pete's best LS feats we've seen, he webbed up the building to prevent it from crumbling and then used two webs as ropes to help himself get a grip on the building and then he pushed against it to get it back up.

Would double as a LS feat for Base Peter to boot, wouldn't it? Would probably be Class M by my guess, but I'm not sure if we're considering that an outlier or not.
First we'll need a mass value for the tower first, I'm thinking high-end Class K to baseline-ish Class M. But we'll need some official documents regarding its size. And Peter prolly only lifted the upper half of it so that might neuter the LS a bit but it'd be a decent upgrade over Iron Man's Class 50, Pete also said he could stop a bus with his bare hands.

And of course, anyone who can tear through Peter's webs like paper would scale.

Also I noticed that our TASM Peter page quote comes directly from the TASM2 trailer so we could honestly just switch that out with the NWH quote altogether IMO unless somebody has a better Pre-NWH quote to put on the page along with that

Late, but I feel like Andrew's spiderman and Tobey's spiderman should have a separate NWH key, just due to the fact that their spiderman movies weren't made with having no way home in mind, and due to the fact the NWH versions of Andrew and Tobey are an ambiguous amount of time AFTER all of their respective movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back