• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole Agents of SHIELD canonicity is kinda confusing, an entirely new CRT would probably be needed to discuss that as it doesn't only affect Captain America.

But my impression had always been post-Infinity War starting to be non-canon only, although tbf some recent statements by MCU creators have been confusing.

I believe there's some stuff from AOS that mentions Hulk too, Ghost Rider's profile is a good example of that

There was lag on my screen and I have a blindfold on, also I went to bed very late

Doesn't Hive's existence cause an inconsistency or too? As well as the ending of Hawkeye?
Actually, disregarding that, what exactly qualifies was "Post-Infinity War" here?
Anything past late May 2018, according to the MCU wiki's timeline page

The rocket calc has been done by KLOL, though I wouldn't be able to comment on how yours compares to his. I've only ever done one calc and its really simple math I learned back in high school
We don't do explosion calcs via their height, but via their radius AKA horizontal distance.

That's not the mass of the wall, that's the weight of the gravitational force pushing down on it based on how much mass is pulled in by the gravity well from further distances 🗿
So uh, where'd you get the weight of the gravitational force from? 🗿

So uh, where'd you get the weight of the gravitational force from? 🗿
From the statement implying it was pulling in everything in the city that wasn't "nailed down" pretty much. And we directly see it pull down things as big as vehicles.

That's not really what I'm saying, I'm saying since the objects are much further away that the gravity well is pulling them in with far less force than it is that wall
Ah. I see.

Well, how'd you get the weight value anyway? May I know of the formula? Does it involve the sun's gravitational pull or something being multiplied and whatnot?

Ah. I see.

Well, how'd you get the weight value anyway? May I know of the formula? Does it involve the sun's gravitational pull or something being multiplied and whatnot?
By adding the weight up of everything that was being pulled that was further away in the same direction. nothing to do with the sun lol

By adding the weight up of everything that was being pulled that was further away in the same direction. nothing to do with the sun lol
Christ how many things did you add up and what things are those

This interview with the writers seems to indicate that Raimi Trilogy Spider-Man is 43 during NWH. (Note that this isn't Tobey Maguire's age, which is 46) Either the Raimi Trilogy takes place a few years earlier than their release date, or Raimi Trilogy Spider-Man was somehow pulled into the MCU's 2024 from his own verse's 2027.

MCKENNA: We were like, “We’ve got to make them each very specific.” As writers, we kept saying, “Where are these characters in their lives when they come into the movie?” Where is Tobey? We’re not de-agifying him. He’s a guy who is 43, who is entering this movie, and Andrew Garfield, where are they in their lives? The last time you saw Andrew Garfield, it was the death of Gwen, and that must have sent him down a dark spiral, maybe he never got out of. We don’t know, because there wasn’t a third movie that we saw. Where did he go? Maybe a really dark place. We wanted to be true to the characters in those movies. Really having conversations about specifying where they are, without giving away too much. Not coming in, spilling all the beans. “Tobey’s Peter is running Peter Parker Industries!” You just wanted to have little hints of that without it being all this exposition as fan service.

This makes sense given Otto says "You're all grown up..."

I recommend moving the rest of the conversation to the No Way Home Discussion. There we can discuss what to go over for Part 2 rather than add to this finished thread

Yeah don't know what the hell is going on with the first calc. Better specify your steps for determine the mass and explain what KE are you calculating.

The second calc could work, there's multiple versions of that calc (the current one we use says High 8-C) that would have to be compared, but don't think it would scale directly to anyone anyway?

Yeah don't know what the hell is going on with the first calc. Better specify your steps for determine the mass and explain what KE are you calculating.

The second calc could work, there's multiple versions of that calc (the current one we use says High 8-C) that would have to be compared, but don't think it would scale directly to anyone anyway?
And if it did somehow scale it would be an outlier. As far as I'm aware

This interview with the writers seems to indicate that Raimi Trilogy Spider-Man is 43 during NWH. (Note that this isn't Tobey Maguire's age, which is 46) Either the Raimi Trilogy takes place a few years earlier than their release date, or Raimi Trilogy Spider-Man was somehow pulled into the MCU's 2024 from his own verse's 2027.

MCKENNA: We were like, “We’ve got to make them each very specific.” As writers, we kept saying, “Where are these characters in their lives when they come into the movie?” Where is Tobey? We’re not de-agifying him. He’s a guy who is 43, who is entering this movie, and Andrew Garfield, where are they in their lives? The last time you saw Andrew Garfield, it was the death of Gwen, and that must have sent him down a dark spiral, maybe he never got out of. We don’t know, because there wasn’t a third movie that we saw. Where did he go? Maybe a really dark place. We wanted to be true to the characters in those movies. Really having conversations about specifying where they are, without giving away too much. Not coming in, spilling all the beans. “Tobey’s Peter is running Peter Parker Industries!” You just wanted to have little hints of that without it being all this exposition as fan service.
Hmmn, Tobey was playing far younger than his age back then though so if we assume the first Spider-Man movie took place in 2002 he'd be 39 only.

Yeah, second feat is High 8-C, and no one scales to it, only gets used like, 3 times, the last time it was used, it only happened once against Giant Sandman but he was weakened already by then by the Glider's flames so it makes no sense for him to scale to anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back