• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse Discussion Thread - WITH SPOILERS

Oh yeah just realized but none of the pages actually have it noted for weaknesses that they will slowly disintegrate without the watch once they are another universe, nevertheless the watch being a big target for enemies in versus threads.
That has to do with the cosmology itself, so I don't think it should be listed as a weakness

I think that's actually just foreshadowing the collider fight and explosion
Likely not. We know that the collider has been activated multiple times before due to the reports of earthquakes mentioned at the beginning of the movie, so this is likely what happened during one of those times

finally watched the movie, it was peak

wondering if the spot could get limited space-time manip for tearing it apart later in the film, and possibly durability negation since his portals teleport parts of things like cars and cut ropes, plus them tearing spacetime could support it

also, for his classifications, he says that he thinks he is turning into a "Trans-dimensional super being", i think that'd be cool to add

oh, and he lacks BFR, he literally throws people through portals though

Last edited:
Alright gents I hope you're ready. Now that Ultima has released part 2 of his Marvel cosmology revision, I can finally drop this bomb on you.

Since Spider-Verse (and a bunch of other material like Spider-Geddon, WoG, etc.) confirmed that both it and the MCU are part of the mainline comics canon, that means The One Above All exists within this canon as well. The One Above All exists as the amalgamation of all Marvel writers and producers that help shape the narrative of the canon. Now what aspect of TOAA exists in this part of the canon?

Mother-******'

K.E.V.I.N.

Which means, ladies and gentlemen, not only is K.E.V.I.N. High 1-A, but so is She-Hulk with plot manipulation.
Oh...Oh god. Okay, um:
So the MCU / Spider-verse being High 1-A in it's entirety ? I'm perfectly okay with as this is pretty explicit within a lot of the sources that they intended this (about as equally explicit as Disney-verse connecting to all of Marvel and some Disney characters actually scaling to such but we aren't ready for that conversation yet). K.E.V.I.N becoming High 1-A ? I'm okay with actually since we know MCU / Spider-Verse / Mainline comics are seemingly deeply interconnected. So being above the narrative of MCU would be realistically above all of their narratives since, well, now, they share the exact same narrative and Multiverse. So I agree with it, and She-Hulk being High 1-A via plot manipulation as a result.

Not really emotionally prepared for The Spot as if he gets some High 1-A stuff in Beyond I will be genuinely flabbergasted.

What's the update on scaling?

Movie was great btw, I have some problems with some of the characterizations and pacing, but overall it was very enjoyable. Probably my third favorite Spider-Man movie, behind Spider-Man 2 and Into the Spider-Verse. I feel ISTV is just more solid overall. My favorite characters would be:

1. Spot
2. Hobie
3. Pavitr
4. Miles
5. Miguel

Spot is one of my favorite villains in recent memory. The made him goofy without making him feel like a non threat, gave him a sympathetic background without trying to paint as a villain, and him going from the quiet kid to a cosmic horror is so good.
I've got a hot take that'll make y'all chase me like the Spider Society chased Miles lol

I think I enjoyed Transformers: Rise of the Beasts way more than Across The Spider-Verse. I'm not even big on Transformers like that, but I think the movie is going to make me delve into all things Transformers. Sure, the plot wasn't as complex or as intricate as ATSV, but I think it was a hype movie, the gigachad energy was through the roof, and I had far less negative things to say about RoTB than ATSV.

With that being said...

running-away-miles-morales.gif

I think I enjoyed Transformers: Rise of the Beasts way more than Across The Spider-Verse. I'm not even big on Transformers like that, but I think the movie is going to make me delve into all things Transformers. Sure, the plot wasn't as complex or as intricate as ATSV, but I think it was a hype movie, the gigachad energy was through the roof, and I had far less negative things to say about RoTB than ATSV.

With that being said...

Awful hot take, doesn't get me riled up at all

With that being said...

I was expecting worse

Set up our expectations too hard with that opening line
I was expecting something like "Spot was a terrible villain"

With that being said...

Honest agree. Though for me it may just be catharsis to have a good wide scale Transformers movie 🗿 I think Spiderverse is objectively much better

Optimus' ass > Miguel's ass 🗿

And Gwen's page is up! Big thanks to @Kyleb79 for doing most of the work.
Someone please tabber this with the comic gwen

With that being said...

I'm disappointed, that's not a hot take, that's a common taste take

Headcanon: The Metro Boomin' Spider-Man is named Metro Spider, named after a song of the same name on his "Heroes and Villains" album.

Yeah this is getting removed. Scene was completely retconned

It honestly needs to be made, since this calc is based on more a non-literal scene which shows contradicting events.

Like I said in the CRT, this scene has been retconned and it shows weird stuff like Gwen's dad looking completely different and her Peter basically looking like Peter B, which in context is ... disturbing because he's 40 and she's 14

Updating designs and skimming through a non previously fleshed out event isn't retconning of the entire sequence.

That's like saying that her statement in that video of being bitten by a radioactive spider is retconned

Updating designs and skimming through a non previously fleshed out event isn't retconning of the entire sequence.
it's not just that tho, it's literally overriding it almost completely (the peter scene)
That's like saying that her statement in that video of being bitten by a radioactive spider is retconned
That's not what I'm saying, becuase her words aren't being retconned. It's the visuals that we see ourselves. What this shows is it wasn't a literal depiction. Yeah, she saved her dad, but the scene showing us how isn't reliable as a piece of evidence.

Back