• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse Discussion Thread - WITH SPOILERS

Speaking of Metro Boomin, favorite track from the soundtrack he did? Aside from Am I Dreaming, because I think that'll be an obvious answer lol
Gotta be Hummingbird for me, James Blakes' vocals are too good. Second behind that would be Mona Lisa.

• Multiple duplicates of the same Spider-Men appear in the movie, Spider-Man Unlimited being one of the most prominent cases since four different versions of him appeared in different scenes in different locations back to back.
    • This can easily be explained as them simply being variants. A moment that solidifies this is that a Spider-Man wearing the nanotech Spider-Man Unlimited suit can be seen holding his version of Uncle Ben during Miguel O'Hara's explanation of canon events; it would be impossible for that Spider-Man to be one and the same with the one from the show because Peter wore that suit years after the death of his uncle.
      • Regardless, it should be assumed that one of these Unlimiteds is actually the one from the show since he was prominently featured in the marketing and there's even an actual frame from the show present in the Web of Life and Destiny.

tfw when you realize they just made Miguel O'Hara essentially Madame Webb but with sick biceps and delts

sddefault.jpg

@KingTempest
  • Multiple duplicates of the same Spider-Men appear in the movie, Spider-Man Unlimited being one of the most prominent cases since four different versions of him appeared in different scenes in different locations back to back.
    • This can easily be explained as them simply being variants. A moment that solidifies this is that a Spider-Man wearing the nanotech Spider-Man Unlimited suit can be seen holding his version of Uncle Ben during Miguel O'Hara's explanation of canon events; it would be impossible for that Spider-Man to be one and the same with the one from the show because Peter wore that suit years after the death of his uncle.
      • Regardless, it should be assumed that one of these Unlimiteds is actually the one from the show since he was prominently featured in the marketing and there's even an actual frame from the show present in the Web of Life and Destiny.
Does this completely rule out scaling to Spider-Man Unlimited or is there ground for a possible rating?

Speaking of Metro Boomin, favorite track from the soundtrack he did? Aside from Am I Dreaming, because I think that'll be an obvious answer lol
"Annihilate" is easily my favorite runt of the litter, and I especially loved its usage in the film—during the scene where Miles tails Gwen as she investigates the Spot's quest for the Collider.

Hey uhhh question.

Why doesn't Spot have multiple keys?

It seems like the Spot that fought Miles Morales near the start of the movie was much weaker than the Spot that was taking on Miles and Co in their next fight. At least, his powers weren't nearly as effective.

Yeah but you saw him at the ATM, he was repeatedly ******* up, plus his first fight with miles had many hijinkss happen cos he wasn’t using his powers right

I would prefer multiple keys for Spot personally but i don't think they're really necesarry at the moment, maybe when Beyond comes out and Sketchy Spot gets more showings that could be discussed

He boxes with Miles immediately after

It was just a skill issue (that very quickly got mitigated)
Did he ever actually uh...damage Miles physically? I only watched the movie once so this is a genuine question.

From what I remember, it was mostly Spot teleport spamming Miles across the city and getting tossed around.

I would prefer multiple keys for Spot personally but i don't think they're really necesarry at the moment, maybe when Beyond comes out and Sketchy Spot gets more showings that could be discussed
Oh yeah Sketchy Spot should defo get another key once the next movie comes out. I assume the only reason we don't have one is because he doesn't have feats atm.

Hey uhhh question.

Why doesn't Spot have multiple keys?

It seems like the Spot that fought Miles Morales near the start of the movie was much weaker than the Spot that was taking on Miles and Co in their next fight. At least, his powers weren't nearly as effective.
He made a mini collider and after absorbing the dark matter from the other Spider-Man dimensions, he became massively stronger.

Miles went from effortlessly dodging all his attacks to not being able to put a scratch on him.

Empowered Spot still got a boost from the small collider thingy
YEAH WAIT.

Didn't Spot absorb at least a couple of colliders before he got to the Indian Spiderman verse? Iirc it said he was specifically traveling to dimensions where they had one and absorbing their energy. which is why the Spider team tracked him down in the first place.

He made a mini collider and after absorbing the dark matter from the other Spider-Man dimensions, he became massively stronger.

Miles went from effortlessly dodging all his attacks to not being able to put a scratch on him.
Then that would...justify multiple keys, yeah?

spot should also get BFR since he loves throwing people through portals, said portals can also go to other universes, even if it is out of character

but yeah, i think multiple keys is fine, the issue is that the movie ended when sketchy spot formed, so we don't see much from him besides the premonition, though i think he could get teleportation since he seemed to teleport by collapsing instead of entering a portal, and perhaps his higher justification could mention that it took 4 spiderman to stop him from moving to the collider, and not even pull him, despite them stopping a large building from faling togheter, which the spot's portal cut

also, correct me if i'm wrong, but the thing the spidermen used tech to stop from spreading when the canon event was disrupted looked like spot's portal withou the white border, and when he enters his home dimension, he makes a portal without a border, not gonna argue for a low 2-C enviromental damage upgrade, but i'm theorizing he is responsible for canon events destroying dimensions, calling it now

oh yeah, in the premonition, we have a frame of several spidermen downed near him, that's good for a justification, also when he absorbs stuff, that includes a building far away in the background, damn, i feel like this scene could get high tier 8 calc thanks to kinectic speed

@Sir_Marvulous would you mind explaining the edits on Spot's page? Why are you making continuous changes without any CRT? Don't you know how the site works?

I agree with some of this but that's against the rules. Also, for changing Multiversal+ range to Low Complex, that is extremely controversial and definitely requires a CRT to be made.

This movie is outstanding

Such an amazing way to express Miles conflict with identity but then throws it right back at Miguel right after saying “Don’t tell me who I am or what I’m supposed to do.” If this was Miles from the first movie, he would’ve gave up right after Miguel gave that speech, but it’s his family that made him stronger.

Also when Beyond comes out, hoping we get a name for Gwen’s “Band” so we can make a team profile.

Also the Spider-Soceity can get it’s own civilization.

Does this completely rule out scaling to Spider-Man Unlimited or is there ground for a possible rating?
I really don't agree here.

I don't even recall them showing multiple spiderman unlimited versions, and it's not like they'd deceive us by showing us a completely nerfed version. If anything it's implied all spidermen are relative to each other, so they should scale to him. Miguel, for example, considers Jessica and Ben Reilly to be one of his top spidermen, so like, why would he pick them of he's got a 50x faster and stronger and just as reliable person in his team?

With such a flincy argument we could try to find the fastest and strongest Spiderman ever because "it's implied all spidermen are relative to each other" (even when hundreds of Spidermen were struggling against someone they should perfectly match).

From what was said earlier in the thread, not arguing here but it’d suck to take away all the feats of Spider verse and replace them with everything else from other verses.

With such a flincy argument we could try to find the fastest and strongest Spiderman ever because "it's implied all spidermen are relative to each other" (even when hundreds of Spidermen were struggling against someone they should perfectly match).
Well, they were only struggling to catch him. Power wise, Ben Reilly can restrain Miles so well that Miles can't break out on his own.

Ben should be physically > Miles.

yeah i think this is a pokemon situation where the verse doesn't treat a set of characters (in this case spidermen) as having completely different scales of speed on average besides a few cases, their differences focus more on either strength or abilities

My favorite is definitely the Spot. Seriously such an incredible character in this movie.

Best villain development I've seen in any superhero film lol. And that's crazy considering he has like 10-20 minutes of screen time.

Literally already faaaar better than Kang the Conqueror in terms of being a "Multiversal Threat" and is only second to Thanos in my mind when it comes to ALL superhero movie villains.

Also, something people aren't talking enough about is how good his portal action is. Like goddamn they turned an ability that is mostly used as a minor form of utility in most series into one of the coolest abilities I've seen in cinema.

Once he learns how to use them he has some of the most fun action sequences in the movie. They're so dynamic and well animated. Extremely cool to watch.

Miguel is my favorite character from the movie. He's the only character who represents Irish - Latino people
I am Irish-Latino myself and that's part of the reason why I've always loved Miguel since I first found out about him years ago, I really hope we get to see his heritage explored somewhat when we probably see his full origin in Beyond the Spider-Verse.

My favorite is definitely the Spot. Seriously such an incredible character in this movie.

Best villain development I've seen in any superhero film lol. And that's crazy considering he has like 10-20 minutes of screen time.

Literally already faaaar better than Kang the Conqueror in terms of being a "Multiversal Threat" and is only second to Thanos in my mind when it comes to ALL superhero movie villains.

Also, something people aren't talking enough about is how good his portal action is. Like goddamn they turned an ability that is mostly used as a minor form of utility in most series into one of the coolest abilities I've seen in cinema.

Once he learns how to use them he has some of the most fun action sequences in the movie. They're so dynamic and well animated. Extremely cool to watch.
definitely agreed with everything there, especially the portal action, i think people are starting to pick up and discuss it more, but damn, they really reminded us that "maybe being bale to create and control several portals has a lot of potential"

helps that they put him against spiderman, who have equally cool ways of moving around and controlling other's positions, so they end up trying to counter each other

also one scene i don't see people talking about is during their first fight when miles is sent through a portal and webs the spot through the other side, before that the spot is looking at a chessboard and his "face" is bent a little to make it seem like one of his eyebrows are up, i found it hilarious, like he is either utterly pensitive or humiliated that a chessboard reminds him of his body

i did have a headcanon before that he immediately tried to play chess after throwing miles and the dude to the side instantly put him in a checkmate and he was still trying to process it

edit: i just saw it again and noticed that we can barely see any white pieces since the black pieces obscuring them, i like to imagine that this is foreshadowing his sketchy form being black with white spots

there are 2 MAJOR flaws with the spot:

1. i needed more scenes of his portal face bending around to show his emotions, it looks too ******* funny lmao, and i think for a angry expression it legit looks intimidating, like that art of miles kicing his stomach while he lunges at him

2. i needed more scenes of the spot

there are 2 MAJOR flaws with the spot:

1. i needed more scenes of his portal face bending around to show his emotions, it looks too ******* funny lmao, and i think for a angry expression it legit looks intimidating, like that art of miles kicing his stomach while he lunges at him

2. i needed more scenes of the spot
Facts.

I hope we get more next movie.

Every character is so good though and there's only limited time 😭

Miguel and The Spot are excellent antagonists.

I also really want to see Peni Parker's upgraded Neon Genesis Armor lol. She only got like 5 seconds of screen time this movie unfortunately.

I think he's the perfect type of villain. He's very creative in how he utilizes his abilities and how he counters the hero, is charming yet also threatening, and sympathetic enough that you understand his motives but not to the point the story seems to show him as the good guy, you can still tell he's a bad guy.

Last edited:
Back