• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Maverick_Zero_X

She/Her
VS Battles
Administrator
Ruby Rose (Beacon key) vs. Spider-Man (Miles Morales)

Speed is equalized; SBA

IMG_0794.png

IMG_0796.png

Hard to imagine how this fight plays out tbh, I like the matchup idea though for sure, very fitting.

Ruby scales to 1.12 tons as essentially her peak in this key without Dust amplifications (and tbh that should be noted as separate from her physical strength, which is shown to be far lower than what she is capable of with Crescent Rose). Miles scales to a 2.8 ton feat done casually and while exhausted with one hand, so Miles has a decent AP advantage.

Speed is equalized but I don't know if that applies to her Semblance, but regardless of Petal Burst, Miles enhanced senses, precog, and acrobatics could easily let him counteract most forms of attack she could use.

She out skills him in terms of armed combat and is slightly more experienced (but not by a massive degree as most of her experience is in fighting Grimm, not humans, whereas most of Miles experience is the other way around), but Miles is much more intelligent overall and dwarfs her in hand-to-hand combat.

Then you have Venom Strike which she is not resistant to, invisibility which she has no method of counteracting.

And tbh the big wincon I see for Miles is him literally just grabbing her big ass weapon with his webs and ripping it out of her hands. At this stage of the series Ruby is actual fodder without Crescent Rose. I think he can do it too, considering that he has a significant LS advantage. Not to mention I can't see Ruby hitting him. Speed equal or not Miles is way more agile and could essentially see all her attacks coming before she makes them.

I go for Miles, kind of low-diff. He just beats her up.

Tbh he just webs her up and calls it a day, she can't break free.
Yeah that would work too. Miles is just overall WAY more versatile. All Ruby can do is shoot at him or try to hit him with Crescent Rose, and it ain't gonna work. Miles has more wincons and much more realistic wincons. I think Ruby has little to no chance of winning this in her Beacon key.

I figured this would get her around getting webbed up?
It's explained kind of weirdly and shown very strangely. It's hard to say she could not only disassemble herself but also scatter her molecules thinly and then reassemble them at another point like Super Janemba's form of teleportation, because it seems like the molecules need to stay close together, just in another form of sorts, though she can split herself in that state, but she has never split herself up THAT much.

Could have a discussion over that but I wouldn't bother because I still don't see her having a chance either way. Miles would still just beat her up and I don't think she could do anything about it, nor land a hit on him. And he could still rip away Crescent Rose.

I figured this would get her around getting webbed up?
Ruby cannot properly use her Semblance like that in this key of her.

If she does it'd be very rare and accidental.

Considering Miles isn't even trying to kill her, I don't think it'd even get to a point where she'd accidentally use it.

Yes, Miles should take this rather easily.

I don't think Ruby is a complete pushover or anything, just that the outcome seems very clear.

Ruby is more skilled, but miles has precog, better lifting strength with his webs and Ruby's semblance isn't at the same level as it is in the haven, Atlas or ever after arcs

I don’t see how Ruby even gets past his Precog.
The Spider-People's precognition isn't that good, they get taken by surprise all the time (think Spider-Gwen just straight up getting sneak attacked by the Vulture. It's a big disadvantage but we've seen multiple people at Miles speed fight him and they do fine. Add her combat intelligence and Ruby will get past his precog the same way Kingpin, Prowler, Miguel and the Spot (at least when he started trying) did...by just trying hard enough and being equal speed.

The Spider-People's precognition isn't that good, they get taken by surprise all the time (think Spider-Gwen just straight up getting sneak attacked by the Vulture. It's a big disadvantage but we've seen multiple people at Miles speed fight him and they do fine. Add her combat intelligence and Ruby will get past his precog the same way Kingpin, Prowler, Miguel and the Spot (at least when he started trying) did...by just trying hard enough and being equal speed.
Yeah I don't like to call it precog so much as Pseudo-Precognition. Like the ability to SEE the future and know exactly what is about to happen, is completely different from having an innate sense of when danger is approaching and to avoid it accordingly.

She out skills him in terms of armed combat and is slightly more experienced (but not by a massive degree as most of her experience is in fighting Grimm, not humans, whereas most of Miles experience is the other way around), but Miles is much more intelligent overall and dwarfs her in hand-to-hand combat.

Not sure what you mean, the majority of Ruby's combat training was done against other humans, she didnt just start fighting monsters from the get go she spent years training against other people before she ever actively went out into the field to fight Grimm, and she has almost a decade of combat experience in this regard whereas Miles has just barely a year. Also him being smarter is debatable, Ruby is shockingly intelligent despite her attitude, even in the Beacon arc she was able to accurately discern the exact functions and weaknesses of a weapon just by looking at it from across the battlefield for a few seconds and has regularly come up with strategies on the fly to beat stronger opponents than herself. (Ruby was trained by Qrow after all)

Then you have Venom Strike which she is not resistant to, invisibility which she has no method of counteracting.

Aura protects her against Venom Strike, and this wouldnt be the first opponent she has fought who has invisibility (Aura has protected characters from lightning)

Not sure what you mean, the majority of Ruby's combat training was done against other humans, she didnt just start fighting monsters from the get go she spent years training against other people before she ever actively went out into the field to fight Grimm, and she has almost a decade of combat experience in this regard whereas Miles has just barely a year. Also him being smarter is debatable, Ruby is shockingly intelligent despite her attitude, even in the Beacon arc she was able to accurately discern the exact functions and weaknesses of a weapon just by looking at it from across the battlefield for a few seconds and has regularly come up with strategies on the fly to beat stronger opponents than herself. (Ruby was trained by Qrow after all)

Aura protects her against Venom Strike, and this wouldnt be the first opponent she has fought who has invisibility (Aura has protected characters from lightning)
Yes she trained against other people, in both her home and at Signal especially, but her actual combat experience is largely in fighting the Grimm. Actual combat isn't the same as training, not even close actually, especially because this circumstance involves the characters having a willingness to kill each other and go all-out, and the vast majority of her combat experience is in fighting with Grimm, not humans.

"almost a decade of combat experience" From what? Or are you including training? Even IF we include training, it's a huge leap to assume that her entire time spent preparing, learning, and training was in sparring matches and combat scenarios, which is extremely unlikely and unrealistic, and also unimplied. At best, being generous, I can't see her having more than half a decade of combat experience. Whereas Miles has been in many more actual human battles, all-out, real battles, than simple training matches. Most of Ruby's fights towards the end of the Beacon arc and after are with humans, but throughout the majority of her time at Beacon and prior, she has had very little genuine fights with other people.

"him being smarter is debatable" Ruby is naive in many respects, never showed to be particularly great academically (and on the contrary was implied to struggle extensively with her grades at Beacon and asked for help with Weiss if I recall), and while she is suggested to be gifted combat wise and is more than capable of leading a team, in addition to being a massive weaponry geek with extensive knowledge on that form of technology, that is basically her only intellectual strong suit. She is in the same vein as characters like Goku. Largely not particularly intelligent, though certainly not an idiot, but very gifted and knowledgeable in aspects of combat and the like. She's definitely smarter than Goku, but it's a similar circumstance. Miles is simply a genius. He's clearly gifted in terms of combat, can create strategies on the fly, adapted to his powers VERY quickly, and academically speaking he's a 1/1,000,000 genius. Ruby isn't an idiot compared to him but he simply is smarter.

"Aura protects her against Venom Strike"

Aura can protect the user from electricity, but it can't do so in the form of a resistance/immunity. It just helps the user tank it. She's still gonna take significant damage from a Venom Strike. It has hurt Aura users in the past. It would heavily damage her Aura and make it easier to win.

"and this wouldnt be the first opponent she has fought who has invisibility"

Uh, when? I just looked through a list of every Semblance in the series and I don't think there was ever a character with invisibility in RWBY. Even if she has, that doesn't mean much, it depends on how Miles uses it, and it's still an advantage either way. Not a wincon.

Hasn't miles been spiderman for a short period of time? Ruby has more experience due to training with people and fighting grimm for a decade basically

She is more experienced

Hasn't miles been spiderman for a short period of time? Ruby has more experience due to training with people and fighting grimm for a decade basically

She is more experienced
Theoretically speaking it can be argued that she's more experienced, but it requires rational guesses to say so and isn't based on concrete evidence, and you are overexaggerating how experienced she is. A major point of the first 3 volumes is that team RWBY are all young still, children compared to the Huntsman training them, and Ruby is especially young for where she is and is lacking in experience. It's literally an entire plot point that they are relatively new at this that gets brought up from time to time. They are still comparatively weak, but they have immense potential.

Yes Miles is the newest Spider-Man, and he's already among the most skilled Spider-Man variants out there in the film.

I also didn't say that he is more experienced. I said she is more experienced but not by a massive degree and that it meant very little, furthermore that Miles has fought human opponents only whereas most of her opponents were Grimm.

Overall I don't see what the point is. Experience is only as good as how the user makes of it. Ruby is more experienced and a lot more skilled with weaponry and armed combat, but in terms of strategical ability they are similarly capable, and Miles is far more skilled with hand-to-hand combat, has better innate combat senses, and simply speaking, she's just not touching him. It's literally a pointless discussion to have about who is more experienced.

Overall I don't see what the point is. Experience is only as good as how the user makes of it. Ruby is more experienced and a lot more skilled with weaponry and armed combat, but in terms of strategical ability they are similarly capable, and Miles is far more skilled with hand-to-hand combat, has better innate combat senses, and simply speaking, she's just not touching him. It's literally a pointless discussion to have about who is more experienced.
Anyways I kinda need to sleep so like you know

I'll explain my points later

Back