• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse Discussion Thread - WITH SPOILERS

Funny thing is the idea of a canon event originally came from the Doctor Strange episode in What If, just in that it was called an absolute point
An absolute point and a canon event aren't the same thing. Strange Supreme losing the love of his life isn't something that happens to every other Doctor Strange

Although in every universe, he never gets to be with Christine, so maybe...

An absolute point and a canon event aren't the same thing. Strange Supreme losing the love of his life isn't something that happens to every other Doctor Strange

Although in every universe, he never gets to be with Christine, so maybe...
It could just be that that specific Strange's story had to go that way for him to become a sorcerer, just like how not every Peter Parker became Spider-Man the same way (in particular Tom's, we don't even know if bro had an Uncle Ben for certain apart from a throwaway line in What If of all things 💀)

It could just be that that specific Strange's story had to go that way for him to become a sorcerer, just like how not every Peter Parker became Spider-Man the same way (in particular Tom's, we don't even know if bro had an Uncle Ben for certain apart from a throwaway line in What If of all things 💀)
Canon events are things that happen to all variants of a mantle (for instance, the Spider-People, obviously)

An absolute point isn't

They are very similar ofc

On an unrelated note, I find it absolutely outrageous how easily Miles low-diffed Jessica Drew, non-lethally, and while he was more fixated on just running away.

Miles needs an intelligence upgrade

He activated the Go Home Machine all on his own despite having no prior experience with it

Tbh the verse in general is in major need of intelligence upgrades

Canon events are things that happen to all variants of a mantle (for instance, the Spider-People, obviously)

An absolute point isn't

They are very similar ofc
This is just speculation but most canon events are along the lines of "something that can be a variety of different things leads to an important moment of growth for our hero" (ie. An arch-enemy causes the death of a Police Captain close to a Spider-Person), Stephens could just be "a tragic, unpredictable event leads to Stephen Strange seeking out magic"

Looking back to Miguel vs Miles, he is constantly landing blows and dodging most of his hits.
Tbh, Miles wasn't doing too badly in the fight, and considering Miles from the first movie was already on the original Peters level by the end (Fought on par with Kingpin), it isn't too hard to see.

Yooooo this is a great draft, honestly it's good enough to go up now with some clean up here and there.
Yeah, you guys have free rain over the blog; I just made it so the page can actually be made by making it easier for others rather than from scratch.

Surprised no one made a profile on Gwen, despite her, in my opinion, having the best character arc in Across (I like Miles more and still do, but upon reflection, I think Gwen had a stronger arc). So I made my own for anyone to use.

Are these your drawings? They look good
Draft looks good! Personally I'd call the page "Spider-Woman (Into the Spider-Verse)", though thats more of a me thing

I'm not entirely sure about scaling 616 Peter to Miles Peter. I remember this one video noted a source from one of the directors saying that RIPeter is at his prime and is a powerful contrast to the older versions. However, it shouldn't matter because the Prowler tussles with RIPeter just fine, and Peter B does with the Prowler. So probably word it "Shouldn't be too far behind"

I'm not entirely sure about scaling 616 Peter to Miles Peter. I remember this one video noted a source from one of the directors saying that RIPeter is at his prime and is a powerful contrast to the older versions. However, it shouldn't matter because the Prowler tussles with RIPeter just fine, and so does Peter B.
Peter B. isn't out of his physical prime. In fact, they hammer home several times throughout both movies that he's most effective

Peter B. isn't out of his physical prime. In fact, they hammer home several times throughout both movies that he's most effective
Not too sure about the first; I mean, they point out his body's different shape (Phat), and he is basically in depression while eating to cope with it. Though the second movie does raise a point, he seems to be up to date and now has a family that probably did a complete reversal.

Not too sure about the first; I mean, they point out his body's different shape (Phat), and he is basically in depression while eating to cope with it. Though the second movie does raise a point, he seems to be up to date and now has a family that probably did a complete reversal.
They also show that he's a full-time Spider-Man and has been for a long time, meaning that despite his gut, he's well within physical operating condition

Again, they never treat him as weaker. In fact, the context behind 1610 Peter being in the prime of his life by comparison is about how much more enjoyable his life is. I don't recall them ever saying anything that even implies he's gotten weaker

Again, they never treat him as weaker. In fact, the context behind 1610 Peter being in the prime of his life by comparison is about how much more enjoyable his life is. I don't recall them ever saying anything that confirms he's gotten weaker
"He stands as a powerful contrast to the older version of Spidey, which arrives from another Spider-Verse." I think that generally meant, in like every sense being more capable. The first movie was a more laid-back, depressed, and slightly overweight Peter in contrast to Miles Peter who was "the ideal physique."

"He stands as a powerful contrast to the older version of Spidey, which arrives from another Spider-Verse." I think that generally meant, in like every sense being more capable. The first movie was a more laid-back, depressed, and slightly overweight Peter in contrast to Miles Peter who was "the ideal physique."
The mention of Peter's weight and physique makes it seem more like they're talking about appearance

The mention of Peter's weight makes it seem more like they're talking about appearance
Nah I'm the one who mentioned his weight, I just thought it was clear they were referring in every sense that the Peter we see is better. The entire thing talks about how he's the ideal version of Spiderman, he stands as a powerful contrast, has an underground base with tech under his house, is in this best state in his life, and is in the ideal age for his prime. Basically the whole thing was how RIPeter was better in every sense which is why they conclude with them saying how the purpose of RIPeter was to make Peter B feel inadequate.

Although his physical shape definitely needs improvement, he shows very much in the first film that he's just as competent as ever. Just super jaded. I don't think the power difference between the time spent in ITSV and getting back on his feat is enough to warrant a significant power difference, if theres any at all

Nah I'm the one who mentioned his weight, I just thought it was clear they were referring in every sense that the Peter we see is better. The entire thing talks about how he's the ideal version of Spiderman, he stands as a powerful contrast, has an underground base with tech under his house, is in this best state in his life, and is in the ideal age for his prime. Basically the whole thing was how RIPeter was better in every sense which is why they conclude with them saying how the purpose of RIPeter was to make Peter B feel inadequate.
That assumes too much and ignores the context from the movie itself. Peter B is as effective as he is because he's been Spider-Man for way too long. By comparing their lives, he more inadequate, yes. But that doesn't account for their capabilities as Spider-Man

That assumes too much and ignores the context from the movie itself. Peter B is as effective as he is because he's been Spider-Man for way too long. By comparing their lives, he more inadequate, yes. But that doesn't account for their capabilities as Spider-Man
I never got that impression from the movie; the context we're given is that he hit a peak, much like the Peter we see, then it all goes downhill, then the movie happens. Peter B is an effective fighter, but even director Bob Persichetti noted that he's in his prime and mid-twenties. Given that he's at his top physical and mental state, while the director notes him as the prime spidermen, it isn't hard to see him as the less capable one.
Although his physical shape definitely needs improvement, he shows very much in the first film that he's just as competent as ever. Just super jaded. I don't think the power difference between the time spent in ITSV and getting back on his feat is enough to warrant a significant power difference, if theres any at all
Not too sure. He's competent, but there's nothing that suggests he's the same, nevertheless better than RIPeter. Especially when you consider the opening scene implies he's fought Doc Ock before and came on top. Meanwhile, Peter B notes he's losing the fight and actually would've lost the chip if not for Gwen. In terms of ITSV where his physical and mental state is basically back in order, combined with his experience, I can definitely see that being his prime.

Tbf either way I’m only saying how Peter B is only slightly off while the blog says equal to. So in reality I’m fine with equal.

And Gwen's page is up! Big thanks to @Kyleb79 for doing most of the work.

And Gwen's page is up! Big thanks to @Kyleb79 for doing most of the work.
The goated Spider-Woman is here

Oh yeah just realized but none of the pages actually have it noted for weaknesses that they will slowly disintegrate without the watch once they are another universe, nevertheless the watch being a big target for enemies in versus threads.

Last edited:
Back