• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if we don't assume that Multiversity is connected to main DC, sure then Low 1-C would be fine.

I think that ClassicNESfan makes sense. Thank you for helping out.

I think we should have pages which explain why Limbo, Monitor Sphere, Source Wall etc. are 1-A realms, because we are using them in justifications of some 1-A characters.

Well, PrinceOfTheMorning and Sandman31 are missing at the moment, and they were the ones who mainly developed the standards that we currently use. Maybe ClassicNESfan is willing to help out though.

I gathered important information about these realms from their blogs and wrote a short summary.

Limbo

Home of the lost and forgotten of the Orrery, Limbo is the furtest edge of the manifest DC Universe. Limbo is the last outpost of the DCU proper before the archetypal Monitor World and the Overvoid . Limbo is reached by running out of Multiverse to travel to. It is called "nowhere" by Captain Adam and its inhabitants. There are no time, heroes, stories and nothing ever happens. Basically, Limbo qualifies as a true void, as it doesn't have proper space and time like the rest of the Multiverse does.

Monitor Sphere/Nil

Nil is the "blank", the "gone", where "form and meaning surrender to the Overvoid" . It is a realm broadcasted to by Captain Adam after he realizes there are no dualities . It is "beyond reality" . It was also literally created in the Overvoid, around the Thought Robot, which was floating in the Overvoid . This was stated again by the book of Limbo: Mandrakk's sepulchre, and therefore the rest of Nil, exist in the Void outside the Multiverse . Scale, space, and time are different, more profound, more meaningful, in Nil . Everything in Nil is the thoughts of the Overvoid. Nil is the archetypal world where time is the clockwork pattern in the sky, not a literal physics-based temporal dimension . Once Nil was completely timeless and Monitors were faceless, "Time" only entered Nil after contact with stories .

The Source Wall

The Source Wall is beyond any known measure of space and time . It's beyond the understood dimensions of the universe and spanning all dimensions it spreads an infinite barrier between all that lies without and the unguessable secrets that lie withi .

Sure. I'd be happy to work on the pages and incorporate both what I know about it and some of the factors POTM had originally made clear in his blog post on the subject. Would this be best accomplished through a separate blog post?

I suppose that you could start with a blog post. Then that can be linked to here, and we will probably allow you to copy and paste the contents to the main page.

I was only asking because it looks like that's how these pages have been handled up until now. If there is another way that you think could work just as well, I'm open to doing that instead.

Well, it seems better if you get the time to do this properly, rather than that I just unlock The Sphere of the Gods page immediately for you to edit.

So are the New Gods treated as 6D or 5D?

Because the description of the Sphere of the Gods page makes it sound like 6D

"The Sphere of the Gods is a metaphysical reality which is a higher plane of existence than the Orrery of Worlds which contain the 5-dimensional Bleed".

The Orrery of Worlds isn't 5-Dimensional, that 5-D Bleed in it is. A higher plane of existence than the Orrery of Worlds would be higher than how the Orrery of Worlds generally is. I could use real life examples of how countries and organizations rank themselves and minor things in them that are above higher ranks don't make their fellows of that level but...you guys get the point.

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/3889875

Related to how we will deal with profiles such as this one.

Well that analogy would be a false equivalency either way. But in any case, if the Sphere of the Gods isn't supposed to be treated as 6D, a slight rewording of that sentence is needed, as right now it implies that it's 6D.

Considering that we have the 4th, 5th, and 6th world, the New Gods should be at least 2 degrees of infinity lower than the True Monitors.

Speaking of Darkseid, didn't he recently manipulate Hypertime in Justice League Odyssey? I haven't kept up with it but appreantly Darkseid manipulated to make so that the Ghost Sector saw Azrael, Cyborg and Starfire as Old Gods.

Irrelevant to the topic (which I disagree with) but if the New Gods are being revised then I'd like to point that out

We should also create a profile for the Totality which is clearly 1-A given that the Totality is the total power used by Perpetua to create the DC Multiverse and the seven forces that make up that totality govern the multiverse and all its structures.

Anyway, it was proposed on a other thread about creating localization pages that a cosmology pages can be created instead which is not a bad idea.

Elizio33 said:
We should also create a profile for the Totality which is clearly 1-A given that the Totality is the total power used by Perpetua to create the DC Multiverse and the seven forces that make up that totality govern the multiverse and all its structures.
I want to point out the totality after the first perpetual defeat became the wall of the fountain so it should be tried to add the profile of the fountain as a second key or something like that.

You know since The Endless are residents of the Sphere of Gods, would it be reasonable to say that unlike the New Gods The Endless are true Platonic concepts?

Yes, but that is because of what has been established about them in the Gaiman mythos.

I am honestly not certain how the DC multiverse structure exactly fits into our new tiering system. Somebody should probably ask Ultima Reality for input.

DC Multiverse has innumerable higher dimensions (which is very high-end 1-B, but not High 1-B or Low 1-A).

Limbo, Monitor Sphere, The Source Wall and Sixth Dimension are 1-A realms.

Thank you for helping out.

I am uncertain if being transcendent of the space-time of a 1-B reality structure still qualifies for 1-A though.

As stated in the Outerverse page, the number of dimensions/layers in the verse isn't necessary, if the said world is superior to all forms of space-time.

"What this means is, if a setting is for example, 14-dimensional, but a world outside of it is described as being conceptually superior to all forms of space-time, the realm qualifies as an outerverse".

Yes, that used to be the case, but Ultima has told me that he would prefer to get rid of the Outerverse and Hyperverse pages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back