• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Speed amps in speed equalized matches

Status
Not open for further replies.
If speed is equalized to prevent a blitz, the character who would otherwise be blitzed probably shouldn't win because of a speed amp

I don't exactly agree with this part, I think it's fine for the slower character to win because of speed amp, but the speed amp shouldn't be so extreme and the faster character shouldn't be completely without abilities so there should be other reasons. i.e. the slower character resists or counteracts the hax, or has abilities of its own which it can use because it's faster.

Maybe it's better phrased as "the character who would otherwise be blitzed probably shouldn't win solely because of a speed amp"?

A slower character shouldn't be allowed to get a win for being faster. If they can amp their speed enough that they could do that speed unequal, just unequalize speed. If not, it shouldn't be a way of winning for them.

Can somebody summarise what this was about and the conclusions that we made?

Wokistan said:
Anyone feel free to correct me if i'm being misrepresentative of the general opinion, but it seems like people are fine with speed amps in speed equal matches, with some caveats. If speed is equalized to prevent a blitz, the character who would otherwise be blitzed probably shouldn't win because of a speed amp, and speed equalization should be renamed to initial speed equalized.
This

Also, as per new wording I recommend

"In a speed equal match, speed amplifications are allowed."

Just something simple and to the point should do.

Well, I am afraid that I am not of much help when it comes to versus thread rules.

The rule itself has already been effectively put into place, someone just needs to type up a wording. If you don't like the above I can try my hand at it.

You can give a suggestion if you wish.

DMUA said:
"In a speed equal match, speed amplifications are allowed."

Just something simple and to the point should do.

Oh, right.

Then instead,

"In a speed equal match, speed amplifications are allowed, unless it makes the character who would normally be slower win."

I think that DMUA's suggestion seems to make sense, but I am the wrong person to ask about this.

@DMUA You may need to word that better, Your rule makes it seem like there isn't even a point to allowing speed amps for the slower character.

Actually honestly that's what the consensus is sounding

Just that Dyspo shouldn't be able to amp his speed and blitz the flash and sort of situations of the like.

I think it's better phrased as.

"In a speed equal match, speed amplifications are allowed, unless it makes the character who would normally be slower speed blitz."

What do other staff members think?

At this point it may be best to restart this topic in a new staff only thread, and then highlight it. Otherwise this is unlikely to ever get resolved, given the length and age of this thread.

I think mostly everyone agreed with the slower character not being allowed to win via a speed blitz because of speed amps.

I would appreciate input from other staff members about this.

@Agnaa & DMUA

Would you be willing to restart the thread? At this point it is too old and long to be likely to get much attention.

I mean, it seems more efficient to just ask a few staffguys what they think about it on their walls, add the wording and close the thread.

I'll ask Kal, for one.

Okay. You can ask some staff members to comment here then.

I can do it when i'm home I suppose.

Maybe something like this?

""During a match where speed is equalized, speed amplification techniques are allowed, unless they lead to a victory via Speed Blitz in favor of the slower character".

The idea isn't that the slower character must be unable to blitz under any circumstance, but rather that they shouldn't win for that reason

Okay. I suppose that seems fine, but I am not experienced with versus discussions, so it is probably best to wait for some more input.

Kal's revision looks great.

Okay. I suppose that it should be fine to apply.

Looks good to me.

Feel free to perform the change then Kaltias.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back