• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Speed amps in speed equalized matches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question, from what I've heard in a different thread is that non time based speed amps are now allowed in speed equalized matches? If so shouldn't there be a rule stating this somewhere? I myself have a pretty big issue with this be accepted as it can lead to people making spite threads more easily, it doing against the point of having a " speed Equalized " match and leads to unfair speed advantages. ( Example: Monkey D Luffy vs Ruby Rose, both at 8-A speed equalized. One character is MUCH slower than the other whenever speed amps are thrown into the equation. This however is just an example of how this could be un fair in threads.)

If this is important enough ( Which it seems to be.) then this should probably get highlighted.

All speed amps are now allowed in Soeed Equal matches.

We allow time slowing and stopping in speed equal yet a standard speed amp was an issue which was contradictory.

That said I still disagree with them being allowed, they let a person effect their own speed, time Manipulation does not.

I forgot about this lmao. But yeah I gotta agree, non temporal speed amps in a speed equalized match doesn't make much sense and defeats the purpose of having speed equalized in the first place. It's counterintuitive and it can be easily abused.

I actually firmly believe the opposite. Speed Equalized was made to make more matches possible. Simply put, it equalizes the initial speeds only. Any speed buffs should be allowed as otherwise we are restricting the abilities of a character for no real reason. Why for no reason? Simply because, boosting one's speed a bit will not instantly cause a blitz. If you don't like it, don't use the characters. Simple as that.

To be blunt, I find restricting speed amps in these matches to be overly restrictive.

No it wouldn't depending on the boost. If both are at equal speed, not every boost will cause a blitz.

TriforcePower1 said:
It depends
^This.

If a slower character defeats a faster character in a Speed Equalized match due to speed amps, it looks fairly bad...

If I made a match with a character like Dyspo against Flash and equalized speed, Dyspo amps his speed by thousands of times and blitzes even though it should be the other way around.

I'm neutral by the way.

So we stop using almost everyone with a speed amp worth two cents?

A bit extreme, don't you think?

No, you create a match in which the speed buff won't be a factor. Plus, this mainly goes for characters who buff their speed by 10 or more.

I really don't want another huge speed equalization thread..we saw what happened during Assalt's thread.

It doesn't have anything to do with x10. Blitzing isn't something that happens based only on the speed gap. It depends from the kind of fight, the distance, etc

Crossing 4 km to throw a punch before a Mach 1000 character can erase you with a thought? You could be well into Relativistic and you would still be too slow.

Beating someone in hand to hand? A x4-5 gap is already overkill

This was never brought up. Why have you never brought this up? Why didn't you do so in the last big thread we had?

Then we need to go over our Speed Blitz guidelines once more. As once again, speed equalizing is causing more problems than it's worth.

I barely participated in those two threads.

And legitimately that has nothing to do with our guidelines, it's just how speed works.

Btw i'm not against speed boosts being allowed, unless, they lead to extremely dumb scenarios like the slower character winning solely due to speed amp

Shrugs. I dunno. I was merely pointing out that most speed boosts are indeed blitz worthy (or rather they let you blitz comparable opponents in CQC) and I was contesting "if you don't like it don't use these characters" because "these characters" is too many people.

Then we started discussing bit idk exactly why

I disagree with speed-amps in speed equalized, they are way too game-changing, and defy logical things.

1) Basically, you can have a speed equalized match between A Guy with superhuman speed, who can amp his speed by 10 times just by thinking, vs. a guy who has immeasurable speed, and yet, the first one blitzes because of that speed amp. That just doesn't seem right.

2) In manyerses, characters are able to somewhat keep up with people faster than them thanks to higher reaction speed: in speed equal, that gets nulled.

Then, we can bring up more confusing shenanigans: What happens if a caracter simply has an object that suppresses his natural speed, but he can take it off at any moment? What happens if a character naturally gains speed via doing certain things, such as running and sprinting up for a short period of time?

And to me, it seems unfair if you campare it to characters who have higher reactions and attack speed than normal: if that guy can increase his speed by 10 times, then why can't I use my reactions and bullets that are1 0 times faster than my regular fighting speed, which would let me stand a chance against that guy in the first place? That's unfair.

I can already see this being an issue. I'm not going to discuss this anymore. I'll let others handle it...People aren't going to like my answers regardless...

I'm in agreement with Dragon.

@DMB 1

You're making this far too complicated. That, and Superhuman character can't blitz Immeasurable character with a quantifiable boost.

I support dragon here. To begin with, I generally dislike speed equalization but eh its necessary for a greater variety of matches so I'll put up with it, but disabling amping seems dumb. Stomps are already stomps, that's not exclusive to speed. Speed amping being a decisive ability is not a good argument against it either. Should we now restrict stuff like high level EE, concept manip, law manip, etc? Even at lower levels, should we restrict AOE attacks because of the advantage conferred by not needing to hit the target directly? If speed amping makes the match problematic, its no different from literally any other ability. If a normally slower character wins a match against someone far faster due to speed equal and speed amp, maybe the matchup wasn't the best to begin with.

I believe it should be allowed for someone to restrict speedamp, if not obligatory for a speed equal mach. Restricting that ability isn't any more limiting then making characters speed equal. I don't see how speed equal is allowed to be restricted but speedamp isn't

I agree with Dragon for the most part, not to mention that some characters rely on their speed amps in general in order to win a fight. It's unfair to the character with the speed advantage if half of his or her abilities are being restricted, making it nigh impossible for them to win against their opponent.

If there are characters who gain a 5 to 100x speed boost from their amp, boo hoo, deal with it (but please don't argue that x character has a specific amount of increase in speed when it is not stated or supported). That's their power. Next there will be a thread about Hax being unfair in versus matchups, when that--again--is part of each character's abilities.

Then again, most speed amps on this wiki relate to slight speed enhancements, or only pertains to burst-combat speed or movement speed while in the midst of combat. None of these will instantly turn the tables over to the faster fighter unless the fight was already in their favor, or at least equal to begin with.

I seriously don't understand why speed amps are such a "serious issue" when they are important for a large number of characters to win, or at least stand a good chance at winning. If an opponent gets speed blitzed because of it due to an insane speed enhancement, cry me a river, that's their power.

Character A is MHS with 3 different abilities to allow him a boost in speed. Character B is Relativistic with no speed amp. If speed is equalized in order to make a match-up possible in the first place, obviously Character A is going to end up faster at full speed output from amps. That's just how it's going to work.

Oh boy another one of these. No, Speed Amps will not get restricted with Speed Equalization.

I agree with Dragon here. Plus, the only thing that isn't restricted in speed equalized matches, with what I've seen on here, is reaction speed. (Which completely nulls your one argument, DMB 1.) And, like Dragon said, if a character has too big of a speed amplification to allow the other character to win, then just don't use them.

Just going to note out, "restricting characters abilities via banning speed amps" isn't really much of an argument. Speed equalization itself already limits the capabilities of faster characters in order for matches to be fair. If I equalized Naruto and Ichigo in speeds to prevent blitzing, but banned Ichigo from letting him increase speed via Shunpo, his abiities being restricted wouldnt be any different at all from speed equalization restricting them to make it a fair fight. In either case, speed is affected and limited.

So while I do see the point, its not a solid one. Its contradicitory. One cant argue for speed amps being allowed to prevent capabilities being limited but then turn around to accept speed equalization which does the same thing.

>Character A is MHS with 3 different abilities to allow him a boost in speed. Character B is Relativistic with no speed amp. If speed is equalized in order to make a match-up possible in the first place, obviously Character A is going to end up faster at full speed output from amps. That's just how it's going to work

Yes but i think that we can all agree that if we end up with 7 votes "A via massive speed advantage", when speed is equalized to prevent A from getting blitzed, the match was just really bad to begin with. Like, that's the kind of match that i don't think should be added at all

@Kukui

You can accept speed equalization out of it being an absolute necessity for ~80% of matchups to happen, but far fewer people would stomp with speed amps. That's not inconsistent. Speed amping is no different from some sort of ability that lets you 1 shot, like EE, soulhax, conceptual stuff, even just high AP. If a match is going to be a stomp due to it, fine. People making bad matches is not a reason to ban an ability. The fact that the two concepts are both related to speed misses the point. While speed equalization is kinda needed, and even then many generally dislike it, speed amping is no different from any other strong ability. We can't just restrict anything that gives an advantage just because we don't like how it gives that advantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back