• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Specifying Immortality/Resurrection/Healing capability with Regeneration level (Staff only)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The site has precedent on accepting a bit more detail as needed even if in exchange that means stuff looks a bit larger, so it'd be weird to dismiss just adding a word or two to clarify the level of someone's Immortality or Resurrection as well for that reason.

Immortality via regeneration is a redundant leftover ability from 2012 or 2013 that would require far too much work to get rid of at this point. It is generally accompanied by a specific separate Regeneration level.

I suppose that you may have a point about Resurrection though.

Oh, while I can agree that type is redundant at best (I've often wondered where someone would even qualify for that over just... Regeneration), as I've said, Regeneration level wouldn't only apply to that type of immortality, but also to 2, 4 and 8, after all, I'm sure a type 2 won't inherently cover any kind of damage whatsoever, type 4 characters generally are reliant on something that ranges up to an specific Regeneration level depending on the physiology of what they rely on, and type 8 characters that have someone that brings them back and all also have limitations for our purposes, and can't just will back someone else that got killed on a Mid-Godly level (without feats as usual).

Thank you for helping out. It seems fine to add a link from our Healing page to our Regeneration page then. Should I unlock the former for you, @Bobsican ?

Okay. Thank you for helping out. Tell us here when you are done.

Well, sorry for intruding, but to be fair, Regeneration from Low Godly onward, it is just another kind of Resurrection, so if someone can regen up to Low Godly you can safely slap immortality type 4 on them, along with type 3. Why, because normally when a character get the body completely destroyed, you can safely say that character "die", then they come back with a competely new physical body...............so in a sense you can also say said character "resurrect". It is even truer when we go to Mid Godly and High Godly since at this scale character can come back from the complete destruction of soul, mind and fundamental part of existence, the state that even more "dead" than just physical body get completely destroyed (as some verse treat that if you still have soul left mean you still alive). So with Godly regen, you can slap resurrection/immortality 4 on these characters, as sematically speaking, they do resurrects

Done, I also did some clean-up and went ahead and specified the difference between Healing and Regeneration based on the consensus of this thread.

Now there's the matter on editing the Regeneration page to specify that a certain Regeneration level doesn't inherently have all lower levels as well, as much as someone with Low-Godly regeneration won't necessarily recover from losing a limb, unless the proper level is triggered to begin with and so on.

There's also the arguments on whether it'd be fine to do similar notes as it has just been done to the Healing page to the Resurrection and Immortality (namely for types 2, 3, 4 and 8) pages

Thank you for helping out.

However, I do not think that we should start to hastily revise our regeneration page in the middle of this thread.

Now there's the matter on editing the Regeneration page to specify that a certain Regeneration level doesn't inherently have all lower levels as well, as much as someone with Low-Godly regeneration won't necessarily recover from losing a limb, unless the proper level is triggered to begin with and so on.

There's also the arguments on whether it'd be fine to do similar notes as it has just been done to the Healing page to the Resurrection and Immortality (namely for types 2, 3, 4 and 8) pages
I do not think that we should start to hastily revise our regeneration page in the middle of this thread.
Well, the Regeneration part has been actually accepted by multiple staff members by now with no opposition on this regard.
@DontTalkDT @Sir_Ovens @Phoenks @Elizhaa @DarkDragonMedeus @Damage3245 @Migue79 @Psychomaster35

What do you think about this?

Yeah, I already mentioned the regeneration part and agree with that. Thus other notes on healing and Immortality page also makes sense.

Thank you for the reply.

So which staff members have accepted Bobsican's latest above-mentioned suggested change then?

Thank you for the reply.

So which staff members have accepted Bobsican's latest above-mentioned suggested change then?
Regeneration note (limitation stuff): @DarkDragonMedeus , @Nehz_XZX , @SamanPatou , @LordGriffin1000

Note on Immortality and Resurrection (what's on the OP): @DarkDragonMedeus , @Sir_Ovens

For the record, the main reason the latter has less agreements is because consensus on that per-say wasn't being collected until recently (namely out of Ant pushing the thread to focus on just the Healing to Regeneration part), and so there isn't really opposition either, so if in doubt a few more staff members could be contacted.

Last edited:
Okay. Can you provide a brief explanation regarding what you intend to add exactly please?

For the Regeneration part, basically add a note on that any given Regeneration level doesn't inherently triggers/covers lower levels, as much as someone with Low-Godly Regeneration won't inherently recover from, say, being stabbed.

For the second part, the intent is to add a note to the Resurrection page, and the Immortality page (namely regarding types 2, 3, 4 and 8), that optionally a page can specify how far the respective ability goes using the same system for Regeneration, similarly as it has been done recently with the Healing page.

Yeah, basically mentioning characters with higher up levels of regeneration could have flexible or inflexible types of regeneration; the latter is basically the ability to regenerate from extreme damage, but can't regenerate from more moderate levels normally.

And immortality type 3 via higher up levels can be case by case whether it also doubles resurrection and type 4 immortality. Some characters don't technically die even if their entire body is destroyed via being still conscious, while others do temporarily die, but come back from the dead shortly after. But a character needs to be considered dead and revive from it to qualify as resurrections/type 4 immortality.

But a character needs to be considered dead and revive from it to qualify as resurrections/type 4 immortality.
Hmm, while i am completely agree with your point, as i already mentioned from my comment way above. This part need some clarify, in case of resurrection, do we evaluate case by case depend on verse or evaluate using our own standard, since i also mentioned in my comment, some verse considering the total lost of physical body as dead; some verse could be different as they can considering if soul remain, mean said character still alive, not dead; some verse is specific about the different between body, soul, mind and if a mind still exist mean said character still alive, etc...................................So how do we evaluate these case????

For the Regeneration part, basically add a note on that any given Regeneration level doesn't inherently triggers/covers lower levels, as much as someone with Low-Godly Regeneration won't inherently recover from, say, being stabbed.

For the second part, the intent is to add a note to the Resurrection page, and the Immortality page (namely regarding types 2, 3, 4 and 8), that optionally a page can specify how far the respective ability goes using the same system for Regeneration, similarly as it has been done recently with the Healing page.
Yeah, basically mentioning characters with higher up levels of regeneration could have flexible or inflexible types of regeneration; the latter is basically the ability to regenerate from extreme damage, but can't regenerate from more moderate levels normally.

And immortality type 3 via higher up levels can be case by case whether it also doubles resurrection and type 4 immortality. Some characters don't technically die even if their entire body is destroyed via being still conscious, while others do temporarily die, but come back from the dead shortly after. But a character needs to be considered dead and revive from it to qualify as resurrections/type 4 immortality.
Okay. So we should not suddenly assume that inconsistent regeneration levels are the standard, but rather that this should be mentioned when that is clearly the case? Or have I misunderstood?

It's fairly common in a verse for a certain Regeneration level to not trigger unless the respective level of damage is actually reached, a common case is characters with type 8 immortality for these purposes, sure, they'll often be brought back from the dead and whatnot, but that isn't going to trigger for way more "minor" injuries.

Hence why it'd be worthwhile to mention that Regeneration level won't inherently include lower levels of it by default, and should preferably be specified if that's the case.

I think that it should be specified when that is not the case instead, as such a revision requires far less work to apply, as inconsistencies in this regard are far less common, and it would also look less messy in the profile pages.

Sure, but in any case that should be noted as otherwise no page is going to specify that out of thinking that's inherent and all regardless of circumstances.

I personally wouldn't mind a note about that being added to our Regeneration page.

Would more staff input be required on the matter, or it's good to go? There doesn't appear to be any opposition on the matter.

Would more staff input be required on the matter, or it's good to go? There doesn't appear to be any opposition on the matter.
What I and our other staff members here accepted above can probably be applied now, just keep in mind what I said above regarding that it should only be mentioned when inconsistent regeneration levels have been explicitly established.

Which pages do you need me to unlock for you?

I have handled it. Tell me here when you are done.

Thank you. I made some adjustments. I hope that they are acceptable.

I think that copy-pasting the note that you referred to seems redundant, yes.

I'd add a "for example" at the end of the Resurrection change, beyond that it looks nice to have better wording for our purposes, thanks.

No problem. I made the change. Is there anything left to do here, or should we close this thread?

This thread can be closed now, yes, if anyone has any objection they're welcome to reopen the thread or just make a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back