• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Characters that don't need or doesn't deserve their regeneration

Purpose
To evaluate if regeneration for a character/s is truly deserved

Reason I made this thread and the problem
After looking over characters I noticed that a lot of characters "regeneration" is actually "healing" or "resurrection". What I mean is that they need to activate a magic/skill and prepare in some way before actually being able to heal. With some characters just having it for reasons I fail to understand. I will explain more further on each individual character why they don't deserve it.
Regeneration, often referred to as a healing factor, is the ability to passively heal oneself from wounds at an accelerated rate, with many characters proving capable of regenerating from wounds that would be lethal to normal humans.
The main thing is it needs to happen passively.

Now what characters will this affect?

Anos His "regeneration" (as well as all other "agronemt" user in the verse) is by using "Agronemt", to return to the state before, but it needs to be casted and sent into the future with "Revide" as proven here. So to conclude it is not passive, and their for should be classified as Healing. (This may or may not affect their regeneration negation)

Alien X Now this one is just..... After looking on his profile it says "comparable to Galactic Gladiator" with this clip linked. Now it may be just me, but this doesn't seem like regeneration at all..... Instead it seems like just some kind a teleportation with a portal. SO what we see is them dematerialising and materialising in another place due to the portal just transporting them. So this regeneration should just be removed unless more evidence and/or context can be provided. Even if this somehow was regeneration I see nothing that proves that Alien X would be comparable to it.

Holy magic Tensura Now this is easy, Just change the regeneration to healing. Since it is required to cast holy magic for the affects to happen.

Baldur (God of war) Now where do I even start on this one? I fail to see how his "high godly regeneration" is deserved in any way shape or form..... After watching the video All i see is him being invulnerable to magical or physical threats..... I don't see how this is High godly regeneration. So it should be removed or if more evidence can be shown should be added.

UEG (instant death) Now this one I am just confused about. First I thought it just lacked scans but after looking into it a bit I am more confused. After looking into it, She got her regeneration from being able to regenerate from Rick's sword, but here is the issue. That sword gained it's CM from "killing UEG" See the problem? Either way, I would love if a instant death scaler could explain this to me. but it may become resurrection instead of regeneration due to these scans First scans shows it is resurrection, not regeneration. 2nd Scan is far to vague to prove that it is regeneration rather then just resistance or possibly resurrection. So to conclude it should be changed from regeneration to resurrection.

Lucifer This one just seems more like resurrection then regeneration

Note
These are only the once I found after searching some popular pages, so their are definitely more underserved cases, so i would be happy if you could help by posting a link to them, with a small explanation why it should be healing instead of regeneration. I Hope everyone here have a proper and civilized discussion. Don't be afraid to bring up new characters.

If you agree or disagree doesn't make your opinion less or more relevant. I just hope you can at least bring at least a small explanation on why you think the way you do. (If you agree or disagree)

This thread purpose is simply to try to fix "underserved" regeneration. So it was not intended for regeneration downgrades or upgrades, but rather for changing or delete them.

I will also add profiles as i find them.

Lastly I need to mention this CRT is not complete, so I will regularly upgrade/improve/update it.

List

Is being looked over

-Anos and the rest "agronemt" users
-Tensura Holy magic via healing and regeneration
-Alien X "regeneration"
-UEG (Instant Death) His regeneration not only lacks scans, but it dose mentioned how they can reapear with time. So it should be changed to overtime resurrection.
-Lucifer changing his regeneration to resurrection

Keep their regeneration
-Baldur god of war

Loses their regeneration

Last edited:
Not gonna talk about the list itself.
I know what you mean it's one of the problems with this wiki a lack of staff members that support less popular verses, which means they don't get proper evaluation by knowledged members, so yes I bet there are a bunch of pages with powers and even tiers that in the context of the verse doesn't make sense, unfortunately considering there are over 3000 pages it's hardly gonna be possible to check each and every power to see if it's actually applicable

Not gonna talk about the list itself.
I know what you mean it's one of the problems with this wiki a lack of staff members that support less popular verses, which means they don't get proper evaluation by knowledged members, so yes I bet there are a bunch of pages with powers and even tiers that in the context of the verse doesn't make sense, unfortunately considering there are over 3000 pages it's hardly gonna be possible to check each and every power to see if it's actually applicable
Yep, That is why I don't expect this thread to ever be fully closed or finished. But see it as a way for everyone to be able to help/improve by notifying us and re evaluating stuff that may have been overlooked. Every single one helps.

Baldur's "possibly" high godly regeneration is basically his soul regenerating it thanks to the curse he has even if he destroyed. In God of War, each soul is a type 1 concept with multiple metaphysical forms(luck, direction, etc...)

But @KLOL506 can give a better explanation about this

Cuz baldur "invulnerability" isn't actual the invulnerability hax
He can still be hurt and shit, hell Kratos litterally broke his neck and yet he still considers him invulnerable

In the context it's that nothing in norse realm can kill him or Something. He can be still damaged he will just heal

Read le fookin CRT

This invulnerability thing was already discussed. And after that discussion, this was regeneration. This curse only allows Baldur to regenerate himself against any damage in this realms(Even if his soul is destroyed.) Not a real invulnerability

Last edited:
Was there any communication with staff about this being a thing? Or did you just create this on your own?

And if you created this on your own, how would these be evaluated? You don’t have the authority to say yes or no to these

Given only 5 examples are currently in the OP, they could have easily just made content revisions for each of these verses regarding the regeneration topic, it might get clunky if everyone starts bringing up verses to talk about (the hax layer evaluation thread barely squeezed by).

However, I'd first suggest going to the general discussion thread of those verses (if they have one) and just ask the knowledgeable members about it, and if their explanations aren't sufficient, then make s thread regarding the characters regeneration). This way you can avoid a mess up like the God of War example that was quickly debunked.
Was there any communication with staff about this being a thing? Or did you just create this on your own?

And if you created this on your own, how would these be evaluated? You don’t have the authority to say yes or no to these
I agree with Clover. You actually have no authority to decide whether or not they fit to begin with.
OP probably wants staff to be the final verdict, they just made the thread similar to how the hax layer thread was created by a none staff member but Glassman has been on of the staff evaluating the layers.

Regardless, I don't think this thread is needed. If you see a verse or character with lacking or no good justification for their regeneration, just make a thread for that verse/character specifically to address you concerns. A big thread like this will more than likely be to much hassle.

Given only 5 examples are currently in the OP, they could have easily just made content revisions for each of these verses regarding the regeneration topic, it might get clunky if everyone starts bringing up verses to talk about (the hax layer evaluation thread barely squeezed by).

However, I'd first suggest going to the general discussion thread of those verses (if they have one) and just ask the knowledgeable members about it, and if their explanations aren't sufficient, then make s thread regarding the characters regeneration). This way you can avoid a mess up like the God of War example that was quickly debunked.

OP probably wants staff to be the final verdict, they just made the thread similar to how the hax layer thread was created by a none staff member but Glassman has been on of the staff evaluating the layers.

Regardless, I don't think this thread is needed. If you see a verse or character with lacking or no good justification for their regeneration, just make a thread for that verse/character specifically to address you concerns. A big thread like this will more than likely be to much hassle.
You pretty much nailed it.

I have seen many questionable Regeneration rating, and sadly don't have the time to make a new CRT for each and every one of them. Nor do I have the Authority to actually Evaluate them. I was hoping this thread could bring some light to all questionable regeneration ratings that I or other scalers find.

but yeah, This was made so I can question it much easier. I had plans to try to get some admins to help but I sadly didn't get any response. And since this kind of thread can never really be finished I thought It will be better to just open it.

The goal of this thread was just to disuss and evaluate them (I personally have no authority of this but would love it if some of you could help or any other admin that matters.
Dose that answer the question of why I made this thread?

I will repeat myself for last time. I was hoping to make a thread that can simplify all the questionable regeneration scalings, whenever it is me from someone ls that notice it. I do not have premision nor authority to actually judge if a evaluated scaling is wrong or right, but I do have the "authority" to question it and bring it up (like every other scaler on this site)

If this reason is not good, I can either try to remake this thread, or close it. But i do hope I can actually get a staff to help me with it. (just if you wanna close it notify me a few hours before so I can actually move this to a sandbox temporarly.

Thank all of you for understanding, and not just closing this directly.

Last edited:
The very first thing you are supposed to do before making a thread of this sort is to consult the respective verse experts (Plus staff who are also knowledgeable in said verse) in the General Discussions thread, then make a thread if you find them unconvincing. You are not supposed to bullrush stuff like this right off the bat.

Dose that answer the question of why I made this thread?

I will repeat myself for last time. I was hoping to make a thread that can simplify all the questionable regeneration scalings, whenever it is me from someone ls that notice it. I do not have premision nor authority to actually judge if a evaluated scaling is wrong or right, but I do have the "authority" to question it and bring it up (like every other scaler on this site)

If this reason is not good, I can either try to remake this thread, or close it. But i do hope I can actually get a staff to help me with it. (just if you wanna close it notify me a few hours before so I can actually move this to a sandbox temporarly.

Thank all of you for understanding, and not just closing this directly.
The one thing you don't understand is evaluating an entire ability needs staffs content, if not then you should've done individual CRT for each of the verses whose ability of regen is questionable

Lucifer This one just seems more like resurrection then regeneration
Lucifer Morningstar regeneration is definetly Ressurection as it happen after his death supported with the visual have him came up from a mysterious dark stuff
I fail to understand the reasoning here. Isn't there an unspoken prerequisite suggesting that gaining godly levels of regeneration requires that you'd theoretically manage to survive being fully erased by spiritual/conceptual attacks rather than partially damaged or impacted by them? So being fully erased is always resurrection and not regeneration now? Since when is surviving full erasure an anti-feat for regeneration as opposed to supporting evidence as it should be?

By the way...
When in the hands of a character who uses resurrection on themselves, giving them some degree of Immortality, this ability often co-exists with Regeneration, though the process can take some time.
Y'all are aware that resurrection (Immortality Type 4) is recognized as often co-existing with regeneration (Immortality Type 3), right? If a character resurrects from being conceptually erased, they should have both High Godly Regen and Resurrection. No need to discriminate for the sake of it.

Gotta agree that this thread is unnecessary.

Back