• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Space Marine vs SPEHS MEHREEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saving Cortana and the POA is not really saving Reach, he problaby saved the humanity with that, but not, in specific, Reach.

Why not give Chief a Scattershot and a Lance of Selene with a pair of graneades so we can make this more stablished than acces to any weapons from the whole arsenal.

I will concede that, although I can't vote, I'm convinced this match can go both ways.

Chief and Marine experience gap might be negligible in practical terms, and they both possess the firepower to potentially end one-another with one well placed salvo.

Only thing that might be of note is how the Marine is more survivable (bone "armor" that might offer some protection if Power armor fails, even if it usually crumbles before Bolt shells as well, unreal resistance to pain, extra glands and organs that can push the body to overdrive and just generally tank damage that would incapacitate anyone else).

I feel like this Reach debate is getting way off topic.

Isn't selene's lance not 8-C though?

Seems weird considering it hits way harder than the incineration cannons and can just blast through like 6 tanks at once.

If that's given the marine should probably have a bit beyond the absolute bog standard, maybe give them a power sword or something idk

I don't see why that would stop someone from just giving it to him. UNSC should be capable of making and supplying those things and we use the multiplayer weapons for other matches before

Pretty much what Wok said, all Spartan should have acces to it, same with weaponry from Reach to H4, unless is Covenant weaponry which isnt provided by UNSC.

I kinda find strange that Chief wouldn't have access to at least the Elite's sword, since some of them rebelled against the Covenant

OP can probably specify whatever they want

I mean, Chief's Standard Equipment goes as so:

M6 Magnum, MA5 Assault Rifle, M90 Shotgun, SRS 99 Anti-Material, M41 SPNKr Rocket Launcher, M6 Spartan Laser. My apologies for not specifying in the OP, but out of that only the last two can actually hurt the Marine.

Also, if I gave anything else to Marine, this match would be too easy, since most of his equipment beyond the Bolter and Combat Knife would one-shot Chief with no effort: Plasma, Melta and Las weaponry would all end this match in a couple of seconds.

All of those weapons have variants that one-shot the marine with the exception of the magnum, he also has Covenant and Forerunner weapons which are more variable in hax like Gravity, Plasma, Heat, Poison, etc...

I changed the OP to only include the Standard Equipment.

I think the weapons previously mention (Selene's Lance and Scattershot) are the best way to go as Chief can only carry two or three of the at a time and a pair of graneades, while leaving it as just his Standart equipment leaves too much open for interpretation in the match results.

This is just a covert attempt to push the match in the Chef's favor and I'm not having it

Sure

Updated again, hopefully for the last time :/

Nah

We just established that most of their weapons and their armor are on a similar scale, if not Chief being outright slightly superior due to feats.

i think the space marine would take this. they just have much better experince with all the conflicts they have been in and the weaponry and armor a space marine has is very powerful. in melee the space marine would win as he would be physically superior to the masterchief by quiet a lot. the space marines biology also would aid him greatly in this battle with thier superior biology providing a greater defense, a second wind in a worst case scenario and great analytical abilities.

1. We've established the experience gap might not be all that huge.

2. Literally just said Chief has slightly better feats than the Marine, and both could end one-another in one salvo.

3. If by "second wind" you mean the Belisarian Furnace, then no, that's Primaris only. We're talking about a regular Marine here.

The space marine doesnt even have Martial Arts in his profile and Chief is .2 tons above in terms of AP and Dura.

How are they superior by a lot? Chief has been able to steal weaponry in front of their enemies with them not noticing about it.

KarmodF said:
The space marine doesnt even have Martial Arts in his profile and Chief is .2 tons above in terms of AP and Dura.
Well, to be fair, that's more because Warhammer profiles just ******* suck currently. I'm trying to unfuck them slowly but surely. Thanks for the suggestion.

Physically superior is abit weird to say as well since technically the Chief is stronger (Class 5 vs. Class 10), and at best for the Marine they're pretty even.

Meh, Marine lifting strength is pretty iffy as well. Techmarines can supposedly lift 14 ton Drop Pods off the ground, and aside from the custom-made Artificier armor they're never really portrayed as superior to an average Marine, or at least, not in the same way a Captain, Terminator Veteran or Chapter Master is.

As I said, WH 40K profiles have the big homosexual right now.

Lifting Strenght doesnt dictate much when it comes to physical might really, more so one's expertese on fighting style, mid battle analysis, etc...

KarmodF said:
Lifting Strenght doesnt dictate much when it comes to physical might really, more so one's expertese on fighting style, mid battle analysis, etc...
I'd argue that really it just depends on the character's fighting style. If character actively uses tactics that involve their lifting strength, it definitely becomes a factor.

Agree, characters like Zangief that depend on grabs and luchador-esque moves would struggle or just be heavily outclass by fighters that weigh far above what he can lift, let alone his stronger moves which need to throw his opponent in the air.

Anyways, I dont want to give Crab a headache seeing how we discuss everything except the main topic.

I obviously go with Chief.

He has long and short range weaponry with years of mastery, while the marine only has a pistol and knife, but even then Chief has decades of experience fighting enemies similar to the marine, like the Elite who are teached about fighting and weaponry almost since birth, in which their avg. lifespan is from 70 to 100+ years (Thel Vadam/Arby being 74 at the times of Halo 5 for example) and Hunters (Which always fight in pairs) who are a collective conciusness and have better dura than him and can also one shot him.

Chief has also fought against enemies who can one shot him and can go berserk while being flank by enemies which can one shot him while he being armed with limited weaponry (Not as good as this one) and still came out on top.

i would say the difference in experince is actually pretty big between the two and the space marine wouldve fought foes much greater than chief ever did either aganist the covenant or the flood barring the didact. a space marine would also be considerably much older than master chief and wouldve been in much more brutal conflicts and in these conflicts wouldve most likely had visicous 1v1s with very powerful combatants and creatures. what makes this match up kind of hard for me to compare is that we are talking about space marines in general instead of a specific marine, regular space marines have achieved great tactical and combat deeds in battle but these deeds would have been achieved by different marines so cant be really used for the marine we are using in this match-up while in the case of master chief we have solid information of his deeds and achivments. i would argue we use a space marine in an equal ranking of sorts to the masterchief but then it turns this fight into a stomp(possibly not, am insure).

Master Chief got fondled by The Didact, so we can't really use that for anything.

I don't know nearly enough about W40K to really make any arguments here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back