• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Soul hax potency

A nice simple question that would preferably have a nice simple answer. How do we measure the potency of soul hax ignoring higher d stuff? I have personally been under the assumption that it is treated like mind hax and depends on the quantity affected and the effects it has.

If that is correct, I wasted 2 mins of my life. If its incorrect, do tell.

Isn't there also a distinction between different soul hax?

Like resisting soul rip doesn't mean you resist soul destruction?

Mostly depends of the cause/nature of the power: someone may resist a magic that mutilate one's soul, but that doesn't mean it will resist a Dementor (example) sucking it.

And actually, hardly you can measure the potency of soul hax outside from the verse standard, isn't like we got a reference from that. Relating range with potency is kinda arbitrary.

It should

Be able to resist having your soul literally destroyed should be more then enough to resist it being pulled out.

Neh, it may vary from verse in verse. For example, in Anima is easier to resist one-shotting abilities, basically cuz, for example with absolute zero temperatures, if you fail the check you suffer damage, if you fail for even more you die. So even if one avoid the main and more deadly effect, one still suffer from the secundary ones.

The Prince of Counters said:
The Soul King can manipulate an infinite amount of souls, how would that work in a vs match? Would it be a 4-D hax or?
Where is it said that he manipulates an infinite number of souls.

That's what I've heard, more souls=more powerful soul hax.

Can't say how true this is tho

As I said, depends of how the verse consider it. Also, infinite amounts of souls do not suggest range, as, it could soulhax the entire universe that have infinite living beings, or, soulhax the entire multiverse that have an infinite amount of living beings, so range is not stated there.

Isn't like that souls have anything to do with dimensions tho: one is esoterism, the other is theoric physics.

Schnee One said:
It should

Be able to resist having your soul literally destroyed should be more then enough to resist it being pulled out.
That's like saying taking a punch without breaking apart means you shouldn't be able to get judo thrown by the guy either

I think since both having a soul destroyed and having it sucked out are esoteric in nature and have no proper physical mechanics, having the work the same is the easiest way to do things.

Hm kinda. I might take more fortitude with Soul manip to completly destroy a soul compared to yanking it out. Killing a person with a punch takes more energy than just moving that person too for example. Thats probably wrong too because Real Life follows physical laws that may deny my statement but you get what i mean.

A soul resisting getting destroyed should have the needed strength to stop itself being pulled out is my statement.

That's like saying taking a punch without breaking apart means you shouldn't be able to get judo thrown by the guy either

One is Durability and the other is lifting strength

How is that comparable?

Schnee One said:
One is Durability and the other is lifting strength

How is that comparable?
It isn't, that's the point. Somethings ability to not be broken does not translate to it's ability to not be moved.

I can't break a stone, but I can just grab it and take it with me. Damaging and moving are not related things.

They aren't, and soul destruction and soul absorption shouldn't be comparable by the same logic

Also it's odd that I'm making a comparision between physical actions and soul manipulation while you are questioning me making a comparision between a physical action and another physical action

What about verses with "stronger" souls? Like, in Ergenverse, your soul gets more powerful along with you, with regular mortal souls being far, far weaker than the ones of Cultivators.

What actually is the logic behind the soul manip potency being based on number of souls btw?

They aren't, and soul destruction and soul absorption shouldn't be comparable by the same logic

Also it's odd that I'm making a comparision between physical actions and soul manipulation while you are questioning me making a comparision between a physical action and another physical action

Because I don't get the idea between comparing the manipulation of non corporal souls to a physical action.

That said, a better comparison (And one that actually does prove me wrong) would be the quivalent that your soul can have Durability to it, but you can't actually move your own soul without having soul Manip yourself. Which makes much more sense.

Question. 2 of them actually.

First, say if you are able to project your soul out of your body and are still able to consciously move around and act, even when your soul isnt present within you. Would this mean you can get around hax that absorbs or destroys the soul? Not as a resistance but as "a get out of jail free card" against the hax.

And second, say if your soul has resistance to existence erasure. Would this mean your automatically able to nope soul hax itself?

Back