• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Soul Hax potency and beings without souls

My point is that we have numerous characters who have type 5 immortality negation that aren't using EE or anything similar; They just kill type 5s as if the immortality was never a factor to begin with. Yet, I don't see people posting about how stupid that is and how it shouldn't be used even though it makes just as much sense as soulhaxing someone without a soul.
Most of them just have death manip that acts as EE or first remove the immortality. Or just "kill" them by destroying them.

Also I'm curious about who this even applies to currently. Digimon was the only example I could think off but that got revised away a while back.
D Gray Man, you can find it by reading Road's profile (general dark matter abilities iirc)

Interacting with a soul but against something/someone that lacks a soul, as though they had one to begin with...is no different than subjecting that person/thing to the mutual or the individual's idea of a soul, it's functions and possibly it's vital role in one's existence. Depending on the user, it's basically one of these abilities: logic manipulation (law manipulation), reality warping and conceptual manipulation.

Edit: Not saying one of these abilities should be added to such profiles, just me rationalizing the thing. Even though it's just immunity negation.

Last edited:
IMO, using SM against soulless beings is fair, cause it's fiction, we can't say a character can't do what it explicitly does, but i disagree with any amount of layers to be added to it, as others pointed out this is no different from NPI against NEP... We even have NEP2 which is ultra nothingness and characters still destroy these beings on a daily basis, but we don't give a 7C able to cut NEP2 the ability to cut through H3A walls cause "cutting nothingness is harder than cutting infinity".

While, yes, fiction. But it doesn't make sense - at all and shouldn't be excused as such - for an entity to soul hax something which is not meant to have a soul. Unless the person created a soul for the soul less entity and then haxxed it, sure. But how can you hax someone's soul when it doesn't exist. Again, can you mindhax a rock?

Well, I see it as nonsense that shouldn't be taken seriously.

Souls are a weakness that we on the wiki assume everyone has unless stated otherwise. So when someone doesn't have a soul it's not only illogical in terms of stretching physics or feats (which was the comparison being made) it's a faulty argument to make. And even if we were to take it somewhat seriously, actually think about the implications of this ability.

Even if you gave someone a soul and soul haxed them, it wouldn't really do anything to them because they can literally survive and act without a soul. It's like granting a robot a brain and then killing them via directly destroying their brain. It's not even a valid argument to make.

While, yes, fiction. But it doesn't make sense - at all and shouldn't be excused as such - for an entity to soul hax something which is not meant to have a soul. Unless the person created a soul for the soul less entity and then haxxed it, sure. But how can you hax someone's soul when it doesn't exist. Again, can you mindhax a rock?
Some people can mindhax rocks but I get you.

Some people can mindhax rocks but I get you.
now i am interested to see in which verse.

Although the point stands. without a glorified verse mechanism, it really isn't possible. As I hear, in bleach everything can be soul haxed, however, that ain't gonna work in a different verse where inorganic or inanimate objects don't have a "soul"

Although the point stands. without a glorified verse mechanism, it really isn't possible. As I hear, in bleach everything can be soul haxed, however, that ain't gonna work in a different verse where inorganic or inanimate objects don't have a "soul"
Is that due to objects explicitly having souls or due to them being able to cause the same effects to objects that lack souls?

Back