• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
A reminder Sonic couldn't beat Knuckles in a straight up fight and Shadow seemly solos Team Sonic forcing them to team up with Eggman.

This trailer reminds me of those fan animations that always depict Shadow as more powerful than either Sonic or Knuckles lol! Not saying it's a bad thing, just an observation.
I don't like Shadow being above Sonic, maybe is Because he is too... whatever, i just like them being equals

A reminder Sonic couldn't beat Knuckles in a straight up fight and Shadow seemly solos Team Sonic forcing them to team up with Eggman.

This trailer reminds me of those fan animations that always depict Shadow as more powerful than either Sonic or Knuckles lol! Not saying it's a bad thing, just an observation.
This is what would have happened if shadow woke up during the classic era.

You know, I got to be pretty honest about something and I don't know if it could be considered a hot take or not.

I personally believe that outside of Sonic's absurdly broken AD and other shenanigans: Shadow's essentially a better Sonic. He has all of Sonic's benefits and strengths on top of his natural affinity with Chaos Energy and Chaos techniques, so I'm honestly quite glad to see that Sonic 3 is making Shadow stomp Team Sonic at the start of the movie.

Is this a hot take? Because I've always thought that Shadow surpassed Sonic in a few key areas that I wish SEGA and the stories of these games would acknowledge.

You know, I got to be pretty honest about something and I don't know if it could be considered a hot take or not.

I personally believe that outside of Sonic's absurdly broken AD and other shenanigans: Shadow's essentially a better Sonic. He has all of Sonic's benefits and strengths on top of his natural affinity with Chaos Energy and Chaos techniques, so I'm honestly quite glad to see that Sonic 3 is making Shadow stomp Team Sonic at the start of the movie.

Is this a hot take? Because I've always thought that Shadow surpassed Sonic in a few key areas that I wish SEGA and the stories of these games would acknowledge.
I agree tbh.

Shadow's essentially a better Sonic.
He has all of Sonic's benefits and strengths on top of his natural affinity with Chaos Energy and Chaos techniques, so I'm honestly quite glad to see that Sonic 3 is making Shadow stomp Team Sonic at the start of the movie
Shadow being such a threat that Team Sonic has to run away? Oh yean, Shadow's respect is gonna bw through the ROOF after this movie drops.
Nah, I feel the majority of the fanbase says this. He's basically Sonic if Sonic used his hax, was immune to diseases, never ages/needs sleep, so on and so forth; but it does also make Sonic himself more impressive, to be capable of repeatedly outfighting such an opponent (granted, Shadow doesn't use hax against Sonic because of ego).

Besides, Sonic has good old Protagonist Power. He's Undefea- oh you get it lmao

Nah, I feel the majority of the fanbase says this. He's basically Sonic if Sonic used his hax, was immune to diseases, never ages/needs sleep, so on and so forth; but it does also make Sonic himself more impressive, to be capable of repeatedly outfighting such an opponent (granted, Shadow doesn't use hax against Sonic because of ego).

Besides, Sonic has good old Protagonist Power. He's Undefea- oh you get it lmao
One of these days, Main Continuity Sonic’s verse is going up to 1-A. I have a strange feeling Sega/Sonic Team will do something that makes it possible.

Nothing much would change since Blaze and Sonic are essentially just counterparts towards each other with different personality quirks and obviously different individuals themselves.
You could probably argue Blaze wouldn't be as approachable to Tails and thus affect his drive for heroism, Amy Rose wouldn't have went to Little Planet and met Blaze at all, and... okay Knuckles would still be Knuckles. Definitely not a 1-1, though yeah, mostly insignificant.

You could probably argue Blaze wouldn't be as approachable to Tails and thus affect his drive for heroism, Amy Rose wouldn't have went to Little Planet and met Blaze at all, and... okay Knuckles would still be Knuckles. Definitely not a 1-1, though yeah, mostly insignificant.
Those small changes early on have HUGE rippling consequences the further we go into the timeline

Stuff like this is why I'd LOVE a Sonic "What If?" series
You know what'd be a good what if in my eyes? If SEGA had continued that little plot they introduced in Sonic Heroes and have the Shadow from that game be a replication of Eggman's while the real one died in SA2 for real.

"Why?" I hear you asking, and the answer is because I think that could have some seriously good story telling there. Like a game where Shadow struggles with his individuality and the existential dread of being the imitation of a deceased being, but ends with him coming to terms with his existence and learning that he can still uphold the beliefs and ideals of the real Shadow or something. And hell: they could've expanded on it by giving that what if Shadow and Metal Sonic a dynamic where both were creations of Eggman, but one was able to break free of his bonds while the other remains chained to his purpose.

So Shadow actually being Shadow Android, but for real?

That WOULD be dope. You bring up valid points.
Yeah but I was thinking that if they made that plot a reality, I'd have Shadow be a bio android so that Shadow can retain all his Chaos abilities and stuff while maintaining his mechanical nature like Cell.

And if they want to explain how Eggman was able to create a complete biological copy of Shadow? I'd just say that Gerald left behind DNA samples of Shadow after his completion, or Eggman acquired some during SA2 and used them to recreate Shadow. Which would be an insane feat for Eggman in that what if he was able to take DNA infused with Chaos Energy and Black Arms and used it to create a completely perfect clone of Shadow.

You know what'd be a good what if in my eyes? If SEGA had continued that little plot they introduced in Sonic Heroes and have the Shadow from that game be a replication of Eggman's while the real one died in SA2 for real.

"Why?" I hear you asking, and the answer is because I think that could have some seriously good story telling there. Like a game where Shadow struggles with his individuality and the existential dread of being the imitation of a deceased being, but ends with him coming to terms with his existence and learning that he can still uphold the beliefs and ideals of the real Shadow or something. And hell: they could've expanded on it by giving that what if Shadow and Metal Sonic a dynamic where both were creations of Eggman, but one was able to break free of his bonds while the other remains chained to his purpose.
There was a post-game story that was a part of the Sonic Adventure 2 guidebook called "Truth of 50 years Ago" that actually talks about the idea of Shadow not being true even by that time, which ideas of copies or everything about Shadow saying being a lie. According to Ian Flynn, that book was used in the making of this new Shadow content. So, there's a chance.

As a Knuckles fan, a part of me would prefer if Shadow instead twisted Sonic's wrist and then out-skilled Knuckles after competing with him in strength

Though I'm also a Shadow fan, so I'm glad he's getting acknowledged as this big of a threat

@Ghengiroo115 Remember; the Chaos Emeralds are stated to be the supersubstance of dreams like 3 different times in JP and ENG manuals, with the power of the Precioustone allowing Sonic a Super State, so Chaos Emeralds should directly supercede the Precioustone. I think that would make the Egg Wizard Low 1-C, since he doesn't remember 06. Might warrant a Low 1-C end for Super Sonic and Burning Blaze specifically (as they were the only Supers to participate in the fight and I'm unsure if granting an additional end to every Super is something we wanna do.

Man, based Sonic Team making Dreams a weirdly recurring idea in the Sonic franchise.

14:55

Blatantly full power super form level

man i hate having lost notifications to this thread, i loat much discussion

There was a post-game story that was a part of the Sonic Adventure 2 guidebook called "Truth of 50 years Ago" that actually talks about the idea of Shadow not being true even by that time, which ideas of copies or everything about Shadow saying being a lie. According to Ian Flynn, that book was used in the making of this new Shadow content. So, there's a chance.
Really? So, there is a very slim chance that Shadow Generations and the animation associated with it might potentially make the Shadow we see a copy of the real deal? Maybe not to the same extent as my what if, but that would be very interesting.

Going back on the Metal Overlord scalling thing........i will upgrade try upgrading PC to 1-C via the Sonic channel statements..........someday this year, can the traitors downgraders wait a bit? yes, me removing tier base Sonic scalling........the world spins

Really? So, there is a very slim chance that Shadow Generations and the animation associated with it might potentially make the Shadow we see a copy of the real deal? Maybe not to the same extent as my what if, but that would be very interesting.
Yeah, from that story we have this:

However, there was only one miscalculation in this operation: when this operation was carried out, Pr. Gerald had already almost completed the ultimate life form “Shadow” using another base body. When the GUN Special Forces raided the research institute, the fleeing Gerald entrusted it to his granddaughter Maria, and it is confirmed that an escape capsule was ejected toward the surface at that time. (The whereabouts of the capsule at that time are still unknown to this day.)

As a result, Gerald was subsequently captured by Special Forces and imprisoned on Prison Island, where he was eventually forced to continue his research on the ultimate life form, “Shadow,” apparently under orders from GUN. Now that Shadow the Hedgehog is no more, there is no way to know whether the Shadow sealed on Prison Island was a replica created by Gerald or the real Shadow that was ejected toward the surface and recovered…
There's also the line from SA2 that was mistranslated in the english version that Gerald said "I have full control over Shadow's memories", so I wouldn't be surprised if there's a bit about this in the new game as well... If anything, a time travel story would be the perfect way to solve this problem, because Gerald can't change the past. Unless Black Doom attempts to rewrite history and they could change that...

14:55

Blatantly full power super form level

man i hate having lost notifications to this thread, i loat much discussion

Nice find. I'm glad the Egg Wizard is still blatantly 1-C because I'm starting to have doubts about Light Man Eggman. He should absolutely be Low 1-C via creating an infinite 5D space, but the evidence for anything higher isn't that reliable imo

Nice find. I'm glad the Egg Wizard is still blatantly 1-C because I'm starting to have doubts about Light Man Eggman. He should absolutely be Low 1-C via creating an infinite 5D space, but the evidence for anything higher isn't that reliable imo
I am also planning on setting the standard for Full Power Emeralds based arround PC, Solaris, etc, all known full power showings

Light-Man would fit as well if what i have in mind is accepted

Back