• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I think you guys will either love or hate what I have planned next. No in-between, I guarantee it. And the majority outside the fandom here will most definitely hate it
So what's the opposite of "stop, STOP! he's already dead?" because that's the only way I can describe all the recent Sonic upgrade (some of which, even I don't agree with).

Also the WIP/YT shorts community will likely love what you've got planned, tho I suspect that's not much of a compliment.

That was true!
So what's the opposite of "stop, STOP! he's already dead?" because that's the only way I can describe all the recent Sonic upgrade (some of which, even I don't agree with).

Also the WIP/YT shorts community will likely love what you've got planned, tho I suspect that's not much of a compliment.
anything involving some yt shorts creators really ain't a compliment LOL

He's here.

I ask for a question, a weird one I encountered on discord... If my memory isn't fighting against me, wasn't there a statement that Generations Sonic had 999 Million rings? Also, on the Adventure Sonic... WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW. I always thought Adventure should be inbetween Modern and Classic since it encompasses so much of it, great work master chefs.

I ask for a question, a weird one I encountered on discord... If my memory isn't fighting against me, wasn't there a statement that Generations Sonic had 999 Million rings?
Nah, you're thinking about the Sonic Jump promotion poster. And it's actually 70 billion 💀
Also, on the Adventure Sonic... WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW. I always thought Adventure should be inbetween Modern and Classic since it encompasses so much of it, great work master chef.
I was moreso assisting Omega and Fireld on this one but I'll count that for the three of us and say thank you on all our behalf!

Nah, you're thinking about the Sonic Jump promotion poster. And it's actually 70 billion 💀
Do you mind posting it? I was looking for it all day, and I couldn't find jack shit. Surprising that Game Sonic has more then his infamous comic-counterpart. However, the amount of underestimation that Game Sonic get is astounding outside of this wiki.

He's here.
Nice. Assuming you intend to do this split with other profiles, I think Metal Sonic and Eggman would be by far the two that need it most

Nice. Assuming you intend to do this split with other profiles, I think Metal Sonic and Eggman would be by far the two that need it most
the split was my idea, don't take my W from me you hacker:mad:

as for the question, Metal? Yes, Eggman? eeeehhh, i don't think he does, the way his profile works work with it being just 1 profile

Sonic matches be like:
8i0qgr.jpg

Isn’t Boost being 11x a calculated value.
Which isn’t allowed.
Nah, it's actually 7.9x. The 11x thing is an outdated version that doesn't factor in Boost, it's max non-boost speed vs max boost speed.

And I got like 3+ staff to tell me it's usable because the entire metric of the SPD meter is to measure speed

Nah, it's actually 7.9x. The 11x thing is an outdated version that doesn't factor in Boost, it's max non-boost speed vs max boost speed.

And I got like 3+ staff to tell me it's usable because the entire metric of the SPD meter is to measure speed
Yeah okay that makes sense. I wasn’t gonna say anything against it myself, I was just worried it wouldn’t go through for similar reasons as to why the old spindash calc got taken off.

you always want to get us even lower eh? what's that? you are trying a 5D Cyberspace for a while now? well sorry friendo, it doesn't fit my agenda, so i am ignoring it 🙃

Your input on Cyberspace would be greatly appreciated, that thread is dead in the water rn.

It's been a hot minute since I commented on here so I got a good question for you all here: What is your least favorite aspect from one of your favorite Sonic games or just your favorite Sonic game in general?

My answer would be the length of the Werehog stages in Sonic Unleashed. Now I like the Werehog as it is, I like his design and as a fan of beat em ups and hack n slashes I didn't mind that Sonic Unleashed had combat, but by god almighty the stages can take FOREVER to complete. Between the mix of the Werehog going slow, the amount of combat arenas in the stage, and how long you spend collecting the sun and moon medals....I've had stages that last me from 15 to 20+ minutes in length, which is absurd for a Sonic game considering it's built off high speed action and platforming. So while I like the Werehog, the length of his levels makes me unwilling to go back to those levels and why I mainly stick with regular Sonic stages in that game.

It's been a hot minute since I commented on here so I got a good question for you all here: What is your least favorite aspect from one of your favorite Sonic games or just your favorite Sonic game in general?

My answer would be the length of the Werehog stages in Sonic Unleashed. Now I like the Werehog as it is, I like his design and as a fan of beat em ups and hack n slashes I didn't mind that Sonic Unleashed had combat, but by god almighty the stages can take FOREVER to complete. Between the mix of the Werehog going slow, the amount of combat arenas in the stage, and how long you spend collecting the sun and moon medals....I've had stages that last me from 15 to 20+ minutes in length, which is absurd for a Sonic game considering it's built off high speed action and platforming. So while I like the Werehog, the length of his levels makes me unwilling to go back to those levels and why I mainly stick with regular Sonic stages in that game.
Sonic Adventure.
Big The Cat
Enough said

It's been a hot minute since I commented on here so I got a good question for you all here:
Never leave again, I've missed your presence
What is your least favorite aspect from one of your favorite Sonic games or just your favorite Sonic game in general?
Great question.

My least favorite aspect of Sonic Heroes was the Chaotix' style of gameplay more often than not. Maybe its partially because I was a kid when I tried, but their objectives were usually just so... meh. Boring, or monotonous, or some degree. The exception I remember is on the Egg Fleet, having to be stealthy and use Espio was awesome lol

Sonic generations.
My own stupidity I played it when I was 5 got to time eater and thought the final section was a button mash.
It wasn't but I didn't know that though so I ended up doing that fight over a dozen times before figuring it out. I was a very dumb child to say the least.

Sonic generations.
My own stupidity I played it when I was 5 got to time eater and thought the final section was a button mash.
It wasn't but I didn't know that though so I ended up doing that fight over a dozen times before figuring it out. I was a very dumb child to say the least.
DUDE! Nah I cant even blane you cuz I experienced something similar on my first dozen attempts lol

Never leave again, I've missed your presence.
D'aw stop it you!....I've been gone due to playing a lot of Alan Wake 2 which, just to say it now, is an absolutely fantastic horror game. Dare I say, one of my favorite horror games of all time now

My least favorite aspect of Sonic Heroes was the Chaotix' style of gameplay more often than not. Maybe its partially because I was a kid when I tried, but their objectives were usually just so... meh. Boring, or monotonous, or some degree. The exception I remember is on the Egg Fleet, having to be stealthy and use Espio was awesome lol
Yeah I never understood why Team Sonic, Team Dark, and Team Rose were all normal stage gameplay while the Chaotix were mostly missions and finding stuff....which would normally work on paper, but the issue was that Sonic Heroes' level design wasn't particularly designed with that mind given the high octane action and speed Heroes has. So I agree, that part sucked.
Sonic Adventure.
Big The Cat
Enough said
I....yeah I'm not going to be kind, I hate Big in Adventure 1. It's like SEGA was thinking to themselves: "Wow! We just made this great game that successfully catapulted Sonic into the 3D era and included fantastic music, great level design, a decent story, a variety of characters, and we ensured that the game maintained Sonic's balance of speed and platforming.....but what if we added FISHING to the mix?" I hope the guy who suggested it got severe reprimanding for having such a dumbass idea.

Sonic generations.
You know what I think is worse about the Time Eater fight? It's not how actually beat the boss, but how in the console versions your friends won't. stop. TALKING. It's like I get it guys, you want to give me encouragement or warning me about the TE firing off an attack...you don't have to repeat every single second and minute.

Never leave again, I've missed your presence

Great question.

So we're just gonna pretend those utterly diabolical special stages that force you to hunt keys as Team Rose aren't the worst thing in Heroes?

As for me personally, well...

Chaos Emerald hunting in the Advance trilogy was simply despicable, though Advance 2 was the worst offender for forcing the player to essentially memorize entire acts, perform tedious platforming and collect all the special rings in a single attempt just to access the special stage, in a game whose level design based around speed rather than exploration, with the "boost mode" feature.

I love the Advance trilogy plus alongside Battle, the games provided the foundation for a generation of legendary sprite animation but there's a reason "Dimps moment" was a popular meme in the let's play part of the Sonic community.

Sonic Adventure 2

Mad Space.

Simple as.

Back