• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I'd love a new Generations game with a greatly improved Time Eater fight.

I want a fight similar to either the Solaris boss or the Boss fights from Frontiers.

saw-fans-leigh-whannell.gif
oh porfavor,i don't even dress like one please

We won so hard

It looks pretty alright, but for some reason I'm not really as hyped as I was compared to Sonic Frontiers. I know it's admittedly unfair to compare a remaster to a brand new game, yet Sonic X Shadow Generations is practically going to be the same game but with obviously updated graphics, some new bonus content, and of course a brand new story mode starring Shadow.

Will I buy it? Possibly, but I'm not bursting at the seams and going crazy over the game's release....I just hope at least that we can play as Shadow in Modern Sonic stages to get the most out of his inclusion

Question, how do we take the DS/3DS ports (DS Colors, 3DS Generations and 3DS Lost World) in reference to the canon (as far as I remember, with the exception of Colors, none of them were)

According to the Japanese Sonic twitter, it's a brand new game called "Shadow Generations" that comes with an enhanced Sonic Generations as a bonus.

So it's basically a brand new game but with Sonic Generations added to it as a bonus as you said it is? Hmm, my best guess is that Shadow Generations will primarily revolve around levels from Shadow's past as the trailer shows stages like Final Chase from SA2 and what looks to be Westopolis from Shadow the Hedgehog. And brand new bosses like the Biolizard

I will say that, upon a second and third viewing, I can respect SEGA for not making Shadow just a reskin of Sonic and giving him access to his Chaos powers in gameplay...something not seen since 06 and Black Knight. Though Executor, do you think that Shadow Generations will have a shorter run time then Sonic Generations or do you think there's going to be a decent amount of content to it?

Though Executor, do you think that Shadow Generations will have a shorter run time then Sonic Generations or do you think there's going to be a decent amount of content to it?
I wouldn't be surprised if it's equivalent. Sonic Generations is not a long game, it can be finished in around 4 hours. If they do something like, 3 hours long not considering extra content, it would be really just around the same size, or at least, half the size of Generations since the original is divided in Classic and Modern, it might be around the size of one of the two.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's equivalent. Sonic Generations is not a long game, it can be finished in around 4 hours. If they do something like, 3 hours long not considering extra content, it would be really just around the same size, or at least, half the size of Generations since the original is divided in Classic and Modern, it might be around the size of one of the two.
Makes sense to me, though I didn't actually realize that Sonic Generations was that short to begin with...I guess all my run time came from replaying levels over and over again, along getting all the challenges and doing S-Ranks.

By the way, am I being unreasonably cynical when it comes to SEGA and this game? I don't like being the type of person who's constantly skeptical of an upcoming release, especially when it seems that Shadow Generations had some effort put into it, but that recent controversy with Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth and the NG+ being locked behind a 15$ paywall has caused me to develop a really sour taste in my throat when it comes to SEGA and reminding me that they seem to have a tendency to build up goodwill and piss it away with stupid and greedy decisions (Remember when they were considering getting into NFTs? They backed the **** out of that when they were criticism for it). And maybe this new Sonic game won't have such controversy behind it and maybe Sonic Team didn't have to implement anything into this game, yet I'm still going to remain cautiously optimistic not because of the game itself but because of the company that publishes it.

So I do hope this game is a banger and the Shadow content is really good, I just wouldn't be surprised if there's something that will damper the experience.

Now Sega is acting like they know how to utilize their most iconic IP. About damn time, glad 2024 is the Year of Shadow. Now what's Silver's excuse?
My cynicism aside....seeing Shadow being a prominent character and being pretty cool in Prime, giving a brand stinking new game starring just himself alongside a remaster of a great Sonic game, and being the main focus of the upcoming third Sonic movie that's being directed by a guy who's stated his love for Shadow as a character gives me genuine happiness to see one of my favorite fictional characters be given a chance to shine after years of memes and low tier shitposts.

Sonic 2 helped redeemed Knuckles' character, please please please please please please PLEASE let Sonic 3 redeem Shadow's character!

My cynicism aside....seeing Shadow being a prominent character and being pretty cool in Prime, giving a brand stinking new game starring just himself alongside a remaster of a great Sonic game, and being the main focus of the upcoming third Sonic movie that's being directed by a guy who's stated his love for Shadow as a character gives me genuine happiness to see one of my favorite fictional characters be given a chance to shine after years of memes and low tier shitposts.

Sonic 2 helped redeemed Knuckles' character, please please please please please please PLEASE let Sonic 3 redeem Shadow's character!
I would definitely luv to see Shadow getting the same redemption Knuckles had in the last movie

Back