• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Anyway, with that out of the way... would it make sense for Prime to take place before Forces? I saw a theory that the Phantom Ruby and Paradox Prism are related somehow, and I can KINDA see it, but I only THINK I understand Sonic lore: I can't quite say I really KNOW it.
It's probably after Frontiers. It's not really clear either way.

"somewhere" as Ian clarified, can mean literally anywhere after Advance 3
And this here is why I'm anxious for when SEGA releases a concise timeline of the series and the periods of time that pass between each new entry in the series, saying that it takes anywhere after Advance 3 without some sort of time given is honestly incredibly stupid. Like if no time period is going to be given in regards to how long after Advance 3 then what's the point of even saying it in the first place? At that point I'd just say it takes place after Frontiers if no time frame is given

So, just curious what the consensus is here since I'm a little at-odds with what my next completed project should be.

Would you guys like to see a character revision next, or another location blog like my Maginaryworld and Cyber Space ones?

but also gave another example,like ''sonic 4 is somewhere after sonic cd''
That was his intent. Sonic 4 is after Sonic CD, as it could be anytime after it. Or as someone who RTd Ian and Ian himself liked it,

Or, when Ian tried to be even more clear about it. It could be one day after Sonic Advence 3, it could be 1000 years after it.

So, just curious what the consensus is here since I'm a little at-odds with what my next completed project should be.

Would you guys like to see a character revision next, or another location blog like my Maginaryworld and Cyber Space ones?
I'd like to see another character revision tbh, the way you make the profiles look so clean and organized is visually eye candy to me. And if it means that the other pages are given that same treatment then I'd be down to see that

I'd like to see another character revision tbh, the way you make the profiles look so clean and organized is visually eye candy to me.
Heh, thanks a mil!
And if it means that the other pages are given that same treatment then I'd be down to see that
One way or another, every character will one day be revised at the cost of my soul

honestly, i would say location since there is lots of potential in those, but some of the characters have so much bare bones profiles that i can't bring myself to ask anything but to MAKE THEM AS GREAT AS THE MAIN 4, really, that is the end goal in my view

Or, when Ian tried to be even more clear about it. It could be one day after Sonic Advence 3, it could be 1000 years after it.
In my view I would think it would happen sometime before Rush / Unleashed, since Sonic and Shadow aren't really shown to use the boost ability which became a mainstay after their introduction.

Though the characterization of Amy was more towards her modern version than her 2000s era version.

Did someone say Sonic X? No one but me? Too hecking bad, I made something for the first time in three years.

TBH I do also think that the events of Prime did happen, it's a plot point that each world has its own time speed, which is why the time Sonic was outside of one world in his perspective didn't match the time of it when he returned, plus it's not called the Paradox Prism for nothing, so it'd at least be fair to consider the possibility of this being different from the 06 incident given the implications that @Peptocoptr27 has brought up, there's also Sonic clearly remembering everything, so either way I wouldn't be surprised if references are made later on.

Because the show is stupid and doesn't care enough to tie up those sorts of questions. "Sonic saved the day, shut up and be happy and don't you dare ask questions."

Even Flynn is saying the entire point is that it undoes itself and is why it doesn't matter where it takes place (even if the latter part is a terrible idea, the placement in the timeline matters a LOT). And you know I don't like using Flynn's word
Alternatively this is more proof for tier 1 by the implication of stacked timelines.

TBH I do also think that the events of Prime did happen, it's a plot point that each world has its own time speed, which is why the time Sonic was outside of one world in his perspective didn't match the time of it when he returned, plus it's not called the Paradox Prism for nothing, so it'd at least be fair to consider the possibility of this being different from the 06 incident given the implications that @Peptocoptr27 has brought up, there's also Sonic clearly remembering everything, so either way I wouldn't be surprised if references are made later on.

Alternatively this is more proof for tier 1 by the implication of stacked timelines.
the problem comes when it just happens inside the main universe,and it does not affect the rest of the universes

Same way the universe could be argued to individually be 2-C, it could also be argued to be tier 1 given the before-mentioned implication, do note that I'd be neutral on that sort of claim and I'm merely giving food for thought.

Last edited:
Where is it ever stated, shown, or even implied that Super forms are so much faster than base forms? There's a ton of evidence that they're much more powerful, overall superior, and definitely faster to an extent but never that they're even close to being infinitely faster. There's in fact so much evidence to the contrary. Base characters have kept up with the immeasurable speed of:

-Super Mecha Sonic
-Ultimate Gemerl (through Eggman's Egg mobile, who's feat of catching up to Gemerl in Nonagression zone is already accepted)
-Perfect Chaos
-The Phantom King (through scaling to the Death Egg Robot in Forces, a vastly superior Eggman creation which runs on the same power source and, unlike the Heavy King, explicitely overclocked it)
-Super Neo Metal Sonic (Shadow power nulled him before he could react)
-Time Eater
-Wyvern, Knight, and by extension, the other Titans.
-Tethered Supreme (The downscaling here is MUCH more severe than in the other cases, but Sage did manage to block Supreme's projectiles before they had the chance to harm Eggman, and both her and Sonic's friends moved in tandem with said projectiles. This point is the weakest, but still worth mentionning)

Not to mention base Sonic has at least 2 immeasurable speed feats of his own, and 2 debatable infinite speed feats, not counting his numerous feats of dimensionnal travel and movement in timeless voids that would be infinite or immeasurable by most standards that aren't VSBW's.

Where is it ever stated, shown, or even implied that Super forms are so much faster than base forms? There's a ton of evidence that they're much more powerful, overall superior, and definitely faster to an extent but never that they're even close to being infinitely faster. There's in fact so much evidence to the contrary. Base characters have kept up with the immeasurable speed of:

-Super Mecha Sonic
-Ultimate Gemerl (through Eggman's Egg mobile, who's feat of catching up to Gemerl in Nonagression zone is already accepted)
-Perfect Chaos
-The Phantom King (through scaling to the Death Egg Robot in Forces, a vastly superior Eggman creation which runs on the same power source and, unlike the Heavy King, explicitely overclocked it)
-Super Neo Metal Sonic (Shadow power nulled him before he could react)
-Time Eater
-Wyvern, Knight, and by extension, the other Titans.
-Tethered Supreme (The downscaling here is MUCH more severe than in the other cases, but Sage did manage to block Supreme's projectiles before they had the chance to harm Eggman, and both her and Sonic's friends moved in tandem with said projectiles. This point is the weakest, but still worth mentionning)

Not to mention base Sonic has at least 2 immeasurable speed feats of his own, and 2 debatable infinite speed feats, not counting his numerous feats of dimensionnal travel and movement in timeless voids that would be infinite or immeasurable by most standards that aren't VSBW's.
Super Forms obviously make you faster, that is a no brainer, and it should be a superior amp to the likes of the spin dash, which statues base form chars with how much it amps speed, them scaling to the Super Forms of their own era in speed is simply circular, as shown with Frontiers, Super Forms grow alongside the user, so maybe they could be superior to their earlier Super Forms, but not their present ones

I wouldn't say that the Paradox Prism supports a Tier 1 rating or a stacked timeline. It shows that there's a Shatterspace containing a localized multiverse, but that's not Tier 1.

Super Forms obviously make you faster, that is a no brainer, and it should be a superior amp to the likes of the spin dash, which statues base form chars with how much it amps speed, them scaling to the Super Forms of their own era in speed is simply circular, as shown with Frontiers, Super Forms grow alongside the user, so maybe they could be superior to their earlier Super Forms, but not their present ones
Even if the Super forms are a bigger speed amp than a fully charged spin dash, (which sounds obvious, but remains an unproven premise with a lot of evidence against it) it doesn't make that much of a difference since the spin dash is being downgraded to a 4× multiplier. A Super form's peak power growing alongside its base form is a no-brainer, but it can only be evidence of circular scaling if you have actual solid proof that Super forms are in fact OVERWHELMINGLY faster than base forms, which has more counter-evidence than actual evidence as far as I can see. Even then, all your argument would do is assert that Sonic's speed scaling to the Titans is an outlier. It wouldn't debunk basically everything else.

Back