• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Advance 3 happens after Shadow's Game, it is in fact the very last game in the Adventure era's timeline, battle also happens after Shadow's game
Wait, is that like an lore thing or is it chronologically speaking? Because if it's the later then Advance 3 came out a year before Shadow the Hedgehog. And it's weird that Battle is suppose to be after Shadow since Battle was released a whole two years prior to it, but then again series like God of War follow a similar beat to Sonic so that makes sense

Wait, is that like an lore thing or is it chronologically speaking? Because if it's the later then Advance 3 came out a year before Shadow the Hedgehog. And it's weird that Battle is suppose to be after Shadow since Battle was released a whole two years prior to it, but then again series like God of War follow a similar beat to Sonic so that makes sense
Chronologically
check the timeline blog
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:ShakeResounding/The_Eras_of_Sonic_the_Hedgehog

So I see I'd personally argue that Shadow not being on a quest to regain his memories was due to Battle and Shadow the Hedgehog being two years apart and thus the writers hadn't thought of Shadow regaining his memories in the series but it is what it is.

No, Ian clarified that, "sometime" can be anywhen after advance 3
Sometimes I wish SEGA would just sit down and give us a concise timeline which explains how much time passes between each game in the series since, especially in the Modern Era, they have a tendency to be so closely intertwined that it's almost as if they're weeks apart from one another. Which, to be fair, does cause me to have this headcanon belief that Eggman's just got an ass load of plans on standby in case one of them fails...the man's dedicated to evil I'll give him that.

Sometimes I wish SEGA would just sit down and give us a concise timeline which explains how much time passes between each game in the series since, especially in the Modern Era, they have a tendency to be so closely intertwined that it's almost as if they're weeks apart from one another. Which, to be fair, does cause me to have this headcanon belief that Eggman's just got an ass load of plans on standby in case one of them fails...the man's dedicated to evil I'll give him that.
According to Ian, they are working on that and that is why he can't say anything about "When X takes place exactly" because that would allow us to fill the timeline on our own when they want the official result to be shown all at once.

Km6a4J5_d.webp

From where is the original image?

Tbh I was always kinda unsure on that, the only thing directly saying the shatterspaces are uni sized is the one Eggman quote, but that could be referring to the whole Shatterverse and not just one space.

the paradox prism seems to be formed of the 5 shards and then prism energy that sonic absorbed that allows it to be stable

Oof the thread wasn't giving me notifs the past few days.

So, was I the only one bothered by that Gemerl flashback? When I was watching it with my little sister, it stuck with me for the rest of the episode and my reaction was basically "That's it? That's our 'timeline confirmation'?"

The fight choreography in Season 3 was probably the best notable improvement over the others. Ending was... meh.

So, was I the only one bothered by that Gemerl flashback? When I was watching it with my little sister, it stuck with me for the rest of the episode and my reaction was basically "That's it? That's our 'timeline confirmation'?"

The fight choreography in Season 3 was probably the best notable improvement over the others. Ending was... meh.
alot of people on twitter are also bothered,but it is more because of the design

i guess that it is more to confirm that it happens "after the adventure/green eyes era/in the modern era", altho i think the "confirmation" Ian spoke of is the ending where the shatterspace refused itself back into Sonic's reality, thus it "can take place anywhere in the modern era" as it came back to the beginning anyway

Also, probably a dumb question, but ok, is Sonic main universe in one of the shards?
Yes and no. It seems like the completion of the Paradox Prism when Sonic gave up his energy acted as a "tether" of sorts to the old universe, and there was a temporary period where six shatterspaces existed (Ghost Hill being the OG world, hence the white gateway that slowly turned green as Sonic got closer).

But then it all became undone.

Yes and no. It seems like the completion of the Paradox Prism when Sonic gave up his energy acted as a "tether" of sorts to the old universe, and there was a temporary period where six shatterspaces existed (Ghost Hill being the OG world, hence the white gateway that slowly turned green as Sonic got closer).

But then it all became undone.
From what Ian said of it being "undone" i imagine that the energy more or less just "de shattered" the universe back into 1, as the act of destroying the prism broke it into the shatterspaces

I don't care for spoilers how did it end
Sonic gave his prismatic energy that he absorbed after breaking the paradox prism, in order to complete the prism, but it ended up almost disappearing because that energy kept it together and it would fragment.
Shadow and him return to Green Hill, which is now complete, and Sonic returns to the moment just before breaking the paradox prism and this time he does not break it,and it is implied that sonic is the only one who remembers all

Back