• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Third island boss is one of the rawest fights in the series holy shit, working on finishing up the final island now (Yes I'm on hard mode, I ain't missing anything from the ending or final boss)
The Knight Titan's theme had absolutely no business slapping as hard as it did, yet it gives me a metal whiplash due to being a metal head.
that and seeing Super Sonic knocking it into the air and back to the ground for parrying, and then seeing Super Sonic finishing it by telekinetically controlling it's massive sword and slicing it in half is pure bliss

Glad the game is being received well, but Arin Hanson will certainly come to ruin it with his fanbase.

Him or Dunkey
Any real Sonic fan knows to ignore him and his sheep, at this point Sonic Team/Sega must know they're NOT (nor ever were) Sonic fans not even an infamously poorly managed company is that dense.

People like that, is the reason gatekeepering your passion isn't actually wrong (within reason).

It's mostly because of feats or direct statements because we directly see distorted space-time and in the Japanese version, it's stated that Solaris already had devoured dimensions before. So although in theory characters like Dark Gaia should also be very powerful, the limited scope of the planet-level adventure really makes the perception of the characters feel weaker. In a way Egg Salamander feels more impressive than Egg Wizard because we directly had the universes colliding in Sonic Rush with the Eggmen taking advantage with that and they all fighting in the space between dimensions while with Rush Adventure it was pure dialogue with a fight happening inside a cave, which feels very limited when compared to the previous game.

What I mean is that the presentation or statements aren't very clear, the characters will feel weaker even if logic tells otherwise.
everything you said I very much understand.

but let me just spit out my thoughts regardless since I do feel like there is a problem regardless (even if no one agrees with me)

what I meant is how Solaris, scaling wise, is not a tier of power above the super form hedgehogs. They handled Solaris quite well and there didn’t seem to be a huge struggle. To say that Solaris is above the strongest of super sonic level bosses like Egg Salamander, Egg wizard, or Dark gaja is kinda unfair, especially when the latter 2 gave sonic more diff. I think Solaris shares a spot among the top of the verse, he does not own it.

I have to agree with some of the people here who have a problem with solaris being at such a high tier while the other bosses pale in comparison. Just doesn’t hold.

I've never seen any of the GameGrumps Sonic playthroughs.
Is Arin seen as notorious in parts of the fanbase or what?
I don’t have a problem with their opinions on sonic games. Just like everyone else, opinions are just that, opinions. I think it rubs people the wrong way cause they really don’t know how to play, and they blame it on the game being bad lol. Personally, I find it funny they do that.

Finished Frontiers dlabout an hour ago, final rating is an 8.5 and gonna list my personal pros and cons without retreading what I've already said.

Pros:

+ Flawless music (obvious outta the way first)

+ Engaging yet simple combat

+ Amazing movement tech

+ NuBoost isn't just Boost-to-Win, caution is needed

+ Enemy variety is just French kiss
++ Final island having even stronger versions of them was a pleasant surprise

+ The first time in a long time that we get meaningful lore in these games, and there's a damn abundance of it. Especially regarding the Chaos Emeralds.

+ The game isn't just the "Sonic show". A lot of his likeability comes from his interactions with Amy, Knuckles, and Tails alongside his natural charm. But while they occasionally get their time in the limelight, it's Sonic's "Never Give Up" attitude being pushed to its limits that I really enjoyed

+ Sage is a very likeable character to me, and it was a joy getting her to speak in optional dialogue as much as possible. Seeing her slowly warming up to Sonic and learning what it means to defy the odds and the calculations was great.
++ Also also, her being brought to tears after witnessing the friendship between Sonic and Tails was surprisingly sweet and heartfelt.

+ Eggman's "growth" is something I enjoy because it's done in a grounded fashion. His connection to his "daughter" isn't something that stops him from being a prick, and this is exemplified when Sonic gets corrupted at the end of Rhea Isalnd and he immediately starts cheering. Also him allowing Sage to refer to Cubot and Orbit as her "brothers" was funny to me lol

+ PLEASE, Sonic Team, PLEASE allow these characters to grow. Let Amy spread her love, let Knuckles enjoy the freedom of Sonic's that he's envied, let Tails go out on his own to never regress to a coward again. Because I loved getting to see them come to their own conclusions about what they want

+ It was fun pushing myself to ace each Cyber Space level, and the amount of alternate pathways certainly gives it some replay value

+ Super Sonic in his entirety is a dub. The bosses felt very cinematic in nature and showed just how shonenkino Sonic can really be when you let him.

+ The End brought back the good old "Sonic goes against a primordial eldritch abomination" and had a **** ton of cool quote while taking the throne of the strongest single character in the franchise
++ Speaking of, the idea of what it is makes up for what I find to be a semi-lame design. It's a little haunting to know Sage and Super Sonic only dealt with "this incarnation".
[/LIST]

Cons:

- Bumped into the occasional glitch, but this happened to me most often during some 2D sections in the Open Zone. Surprisingly not as buggy as I thought tho.

- Cyber Space had stiff controls (I tried turning near an unguarded ledge and just ended up running off because I couldn't turn lol). Occasionally, they weren't as snappy as they needed to be.

- There was only one point where the collectibles got tiring, which is on the last island for Sage's menory tokens.
+ GOOD THING BIG'S FISHING SAVED ME 2 HOURS! THE GOAT!

- The Soap Shoes don't stay on as Super Sonic :(

I think it rubs people the wrong way cause they really don’t know how to play, and they blame it on the game being bad lol.
Iirc one of them repeatedly and purposefully tries to encounter glitches to get a rise out of the other one, and then they both shit on whatever Sonic game it is for being a "buggy mess" or whatnot. Idk, I don't watch them lol

It kind of sucks about the whole Soap Shoes thing and Super Sonic.
With that free Monster Hunter DLC coming out on Sunday and having that Rathalos Armor with Super Sonic, I was going to make the joke that Sonic is the new Dragonborn

Iirc one of them repeatedly and purposefully tries to encounter glitches to get a rise out of the other one, and then they both shit on whatever Sonic game it is for being a "buggy mess" or whatnot. Idk, I don't watch them lol
It’s so dumb what they do, but at the same time you can’t help but laught at how dumb it is.

Im inclined to believe they are purposely trying to piss the community.

Anyone who has reached the 3rd island. Isn’t it horribly designed?
By far my least favorite.
I'm on it right now fell into lava a couple of times and the rails shot me off into the abyss a couple of times lol

Anyone who has reached the 3rd island. Isn’t it horribly designed?
By far my least favorite.

Same here. I got lost way too many times trying to figure out where to go due to how unconnected everything was. Traversing it wasn't very fun. Mostly just a hunt for the right rail to head to the next section.

also, about sage
never was made clear, but was supreme far stronger than the other titans, or did Sage empowered it? The titan seemed much more powerful when controlled by her. She was the MVP against “the end”

so is Sage a creation of Eggman or did Eggman find her when he discovered the Starfall Islands?
Eggman created her
And also
her making contact with cyberspace far enhanced her capabilities. Whatever the original version of her was, it was much less capable. Her original self looks adorable tho. She was human skinned colored with I believe white clothes with a. Blue hue on it

By the way, can I just say this game absolutely has an amazing atmosphere?
Every single island invokes this......somber feeling to me, like I am indeed exploring ancient ruins of a civilization long gone and lands only beginning to heal from its wounds. And the islands have only remnants of life, its inhabitants being shells of what they use to be in the past with everything they've built being lost to time.
Like honestly, this game has given me a feeling of serenity, yet sadness I haven't felt in a Sonic game in forever it's phenomenal

Squid guardian was annoying to beat on the first island
I find it funny that if you are standing at a certain spot, and you let the squid pass by you, it triggers its boss encounter, making squid turn around so rapidly as if you insulted it’s mother lol.

I'm curious of The End saying its more stronger then anything Sonic has ever fought in his life. Does Sonic still remember fighting Solaris at that point?

I saw this argument for a 5D maginaryworld but want to check it if it is good so we could make a crt. The arg is that the 4th dimension is where dreams are kept, which is 4D as in 4 spacial dimensions for this place only as their are other realms in maginaryworld like the temple of light but the entire maginaryworld construct is much bigger and the entire maginaryworld space time would be 5D for an added temporal dimension. I've not played shuffle so I'm not sure how valid the claim is

I know someone probably already made this joke, but my god, I cannot believe they actually put Touhou into Sonic. Truly, this is peak fiction.

English is the priority here, as it is the original script.

Whatever the Japanese says doesn’t mean much if it contradicts the English script.

English is the priority here, as it is the original script.

Whatever the Japanese says doesn’t mean much if it contradicts the English script.
It's not that simple as I explained before. Was the script itself first made in English? Yes, but the settings and worldview were first Japanese, they told Ian what the settings and worldview were and he made a script out of that, after that the Japanese script was edited to give more details about the settings and worldview that were made, as such there'll be details that are only explained or mentioned in the Japanese script. It's really not as simple as "the original is what matters", in fact it never was.

Also, I have no idea why you reacted like that, I was just sharing Windii's translation, never stated there it mattered more than English's or anything like that. In fact, as a community, it was a great thing to share because Windii was in a huge hiatus due to her channel being delated from Youtube due to a false claim over one of her Rockman's subs and she basically was stoping sharing this stuff. Sharing her return to fansub and Sonic translation is a huge thing for the community as she was basically the person who did this the most.

I'm on what I believe to be the final island now the 3rd islands boss fight was pretty cool

Yeah I myself just reached the third island, seeing Super Sonic just straight up throwing Wyvern into a mountain and killing it by tricking its missiles into the creature's mouth was just absurdly cool

Back