• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Makes me wonder what Frontiers did for DT to have them give it a 1/5 stars. Like if you don't like the game that's fine, but it sounds like to me they think it's 06 levels of bad
Oh you have no idea they quite literally said it's "one of the worst" sonic games

HOW!? Like I don't think anyone is going to claim Frontiers will be masterpiece or anything, but it's certainly quite above the paygrade of the last couple Sonic games so I want to know what causes them to genuinely believe it's one of the worst Sonic games out there.
🤷‍♀️

Yup it's causing some controversy on twitter because there's just no way they're serious like they can't be but they somehow are and it's like what the **** like have they experienced actual BAD sonic games

Sonic suffering the Samus syndrome on every new island? At least he only loses the Emeralds, I believe Lost World was the last time (in the "modern 3D" games) you could play as Super Sonic on regular stages after collecting all 7 Chaos Emeralds.
He's developing Sonic fangame syndrome that have with all the Emeralds at the start or end only to lose them so much as a feather touches him.

Seriously, it's as if 2006 didn't exist, when it does, and believe me, it's so broken, it has inconsistencies in the story, and practically a lot of strange things.
and to say that frontiers is the worst game, that is to say that simon is the worst protagonist, when there are worse

He's developing Sonic fangame syndrome that have with all the Emeralds at the start or end only to lose them so much as a feather touches him.
I mean the last mainline game made OCs canon so...

🤷‍♀️

Yup it's causing some controversy on twitter because there's just no way they're serious like they can't be but they somehow are and it's like what the **** like have they experienced actual BAD sonic games

Twitter is and will always be a mistake plus being better than Tiktok doesn't count.

Seems like typical bait (intentional or not), Sonic fans at this point should just ignore those "hot takes" since giving them any attention pretty much validates them plus let's not forget how overly reactive Sega is to Sonic "critics".

Sonic fans at this point should just ignore those "hot takes" since giving them any attention pretty much validates them plus let's not forget how overly reactive Sega is to Sonic "critics".
When Sonic has had to deal with mediocrity for so long, the last thing people want is for Sega to get the wrong idea and backpedaling on what is undoubtedly the good foundation of incredible potential.

Granted, there are many more reviews that hover around 8-9 so I doubt even Sonic Team can get the wrong idea here... Fingers crossed.

Did any review give "Sonic had a rough transition into 3D"? I know one mentioned Sonic 06 and Boom, but if none mentioned that other phrase, it's at least half of the meme gone

Did any review give "Sonic had a rough transition into 3D"? I know one mentioned Sonic 06 and Boom, but if none mentioned that other phrase, it's at least half of the meme gone
I guess tbf, 06 and Boom are too infamous to not mention in any Sonic review even if tbh I actually 06 for unironic reasons

Has the game updated any scaling for sonic?
The final boss says it had read Sonic's mind and knows of the machines and gods he's faced, but that they're all finite compared to its infinity.

Super Sonic can also fight the Titans from day to night and back again, so that's a treat. There's more, but it's late and I'm tired lol

What the hell? The Koco's really do look like Chaos, that's so uncanny to me considering how they act in this game
So we've gotten the watery alien figures in SA1(Chaos), SA2B(Chaos in Vs mode), Battle(Chaos), Shadow 05(Artificial Chaos), Generations(Chaos), Forces(Chaos illusion) and Frontiers (Ancients) iirc, still intresting considering Sonic's hydrophobia.

So we've gotten the watery alien figures in SA1(Chaos), SA2B(Chaos in Vs mode), Battle(Chaos), Shadow 05(Artificial Chaos), Generations(Chaos), Forces(Chaos illusion) and Frontiers (Ancients) iirc, still intresting considering Sonic's hydrophobia.
you know what else is interesting? We see that their true forms still have their stone bodies inside the center of their chests.
So then it makes you wonder, did Chaos at some point lose his stone form once he became affiliated with the Emeralds and Chao? It's not terribly important but it does make you wonder

Already up to the second island. This game's a banger so far, and if this is suppose to be the foundation for Sonic this decade then I'm 100% for it.
as long as they take their time of course, and don't fall back into dark times AGAIN

Does anyone want me to get renders from frontiers? I have the digital art book that is unless we already have some

I refuse to believe you guys played the entire game in 1 day while comprehending everything everyone said

So ladies and germs, what do y'all think of Sonic Frontiers if you've been been able to play it lately? I personally think that, so far, the game is great and easily one of Sonic's bests since Generations.
My favorite part so far is the story and dialogue, it's simplistic to a degree hut it's really damn good and everyone feels in character which I was looking forward to the most

So ladies and germs, what do y'all think of Sonic Frontiers if you've been been able to play it lately? I personally think that, so far, the game is great and easily one of Sonic's bests since Generations.
Halfway through the second island, so far I think this might overtake the first Adventure game and Generations as my favorite 3D game in the series

So ladies and germs, what do y'all think of Sonic Frontiers if you've been been able to play it lately?
I'm at Chaos Island and I'm REALLY enjoying it. The sheer density of collectibles makes the Open Zone somewhat fulfilling to explore and gives me a reason to scour each island for as many collectibles as possible. I also find the dialogue simple yet endearing, making good use of previous events to hit you with some nostalgia without going overboard. For example,
when you take down the second Titan and Knuckles says it would've been faster if Super Knuckles was the one fighting, I couldn't help the goofy ass grin on my face that was there for the rest of the cutscenes.
It's nice to see Amy, Knuckles, and Tails all experience growth facilitated by Sonic.

Additionally, the combat is simple but engaging in trying to perfect all the potential combos and attack strings you can pull off. Parry feels especially satisfying when I time it rather than just hold the button down, though that's just a me thing.

Oh, and the music is kickass. But nobody's surprised by that lol.

Halfway through the second island, so far I think this might overtake the first Adventure game and Generations as my favorite 3D game in the series
That's a pretty bold statement, and one I can agree with though if I might ask do you have a specific reason for that?
My own reason is the open world, it gives me a level of tranquility that I've never felt in a Sonic game just from being able to do whatever I wish

@ShakeResounding dude I think the combat is easily the best I've seen in any Sonic game. Not only is it just because it's inherently satisfying chaining together a bunch of kickass combos and moves to lay out the punishment, but the enemies.
No cap, I think Frontiers really excels at creating formidable enemies because unlike most enemies seen in most Sonic games these enemies actually force me to think a bit strategically when fighting them, and if you're not playing smart they'll overwhelm you if you aren't careful and I like that. That and these mini bosses and Titans are just such a spectacle to fight

That's a pretty bold statement, and one I can agree with though if I might ask do you have a specific reason for that?
Controls are a big part of it, this is by far the most fun version of Sonic to play as especially if you max out the settings, there's crazy movement tech that is super easy to use and it makes traveling the open zone fun as hell (Cancelling homing attack into boost to fling yourself like 1,000 miles at mach 10 is amazing). Combat is also raw as hell, the Bayonetta/DMC style of combat suits Sonic more then the GOW inspired werehog (And overall I think combat here is handled much better than it was in Unleashed), and of course Ian Flynn the GOAT brings some amazing writing and dialogue to the table. Honestly it's kinda hard for me to do too in depth since I'm nowhere close to done but so far this game is an absolute joy, even the Cyperspace levels (Which are the weakest part by a noticeable margin) are fun little romps that I enjoy.

For example,
when you take down the second Titan and Knuckles says it would've been faster if Super Knuckles was the one fighting, I couldn't help the goofy ass grin on my face that was there for the rest of the cutscenes.
It's nice to see Amy, Knuckles, and Tails all experience growth facilitated by Sonic.
Bro same, seeing Knuckles brag how much better he'd be doing then Super Sonic if he was Super Knuckles put the doofiest smile on me

So any notable feats?
Also what abilities Sonic gotten
Sonic's got some decent lifting strength feats especially as Super Sonic but overall I don't think he's getting any major buffs in terms of power or speed. Abilities tho he goes kinda crazy, base form has stuff like energy projection and the cyloop can do all kinds of whacky shit like telekinesis, binding foes in chains leaving them completely immobilized, Super Sonic can create energy constructs including making a shit ton of energy dupes of himself to attack his opponent. Final Boss has some statements that could make it the most powerful character in the entire series.

My favorite part so far is the story and dialogue, it's simplistic to a degree hut it's really damn good and everyone feels in character which I was looking forward to the most
I'm loving the shit out of it, I'm currently over 7 hours in almost 8 hours and I've played plenty of the second island at least doing a bunch of exploration and such but I'm definitely really loving the game a hell of a lot and it's been one of my most satisfying sonic experiences especially in a long long while

8.5-9/10

Back