• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Not gonna spoiler tag this since it's been shown in trailers and gameplay showcases before the game came out, I love the detail in the fishing minigame where Sonic will hold almost everything he catches with his hands but if he catches a poison dart frog he holds it by the rods line instead of directly touching it

@ShakeResounding dude I think the combat is easily the best I've seen in any Sonic game.

No cap, I think Frontiers really excels at creating formidable enemies because unlike most enemies seen in most Sonic games these enemies actually force me to think a bit strategically when fighting them, and if you're not playing smart they'll overwhelm you if you aren't careful and I like that.
Frontiers' enemy variety is an absolute treat and I wholeheartedly agree with all of this. I especially love the Guardian fights (Asura, Tower, Sumo, Tank, etc.), though Tank on Ares Island in particular pisses me the hell off lol.

Roger kills it as Sonic in this to me btw, his deeper tone of voice adds a sense of maturity and age to the character that almost makes it seem like he's actually aging with his audience... But that's probably just me looking too deep into nothing lol

Btw I hope you all are playing on hard, it affects the ending and more

Rooms gonna be painted white when I'm done with this game💀💀😭
rock-one-eyebrow-raised-rock-staring.gif

Rooms gonna be painted white when I'm done with this game💀💀😭
Yet another NNN challenge failed.
Not gonna spoiler tag this since it's been shown in trailers and gameplay showcases before the game came out, I love the detail in the fishing minigame where Sonic will hold almost everything he catches with his hands but if he catches a poison dart frog he holds it by the rods line instead of directly touching it
I like how Big just appearing and disappearing in different locations remains consistent, literally hangs around like it's nothing while the rest of cast are having connection issues in Cyberspace.

PSA: If you're a PC user struggling to play Frontiers at fullscreen without the game crashing when you go into the graphics menu, go into your control panel (either AMD or Nvidia) and make sure Frontiers' exe is set to high performance GPU.
I know this was something which I myself encountered and yes, it wasn't a first good impression

Got Frontiers at 12 am, and just recently beat the game. 9.5/10, easily. The combat feels great and the exploration is rather nice. It's incredibly satisfying skipping entire sections with boost and homing attack. Characters also had way more depth. It's also surprisingly easy collecting some of the collectibles outside of Kokos.

I did run into a small bug early on where I fell through the floor while fighting an enemy. (And the Cyberspace feels a bit awkward to play in). But I...think I might legitimately replay it despite just beating it. The bosses are insane, thank god I went into the game completely blind. Sonic finally getting some new abilities in his arsenal which is always a plus.

3 characters that may end up being the top 3 of the verse in this game.

possible top 3 of the verse as of now
The end
Super sonic
Supreme empowered by Sage

Also, this isn’t spoiler so I ain’t marking it as so, but the titans as well seem to be the top of the cream of power with all the statements about their power and what is eventually revealed at the end.

I think Solaris has been dethroned.

I mean in terms of raw power, I always put Egg Wizard > Solaris given Chaos Emeralds > Solaris but Egg Wizard > Chaos Emeralds

So I thought he was dethroned a while ago.

I mean in terms of raw power, I always put Egg Wizard > Solaris given Chaos Emeralds > Solaris but Egg Wizard > Chaos Emeralds

So I thought he was dethroned a while ago.
It’s been debated to death here and the conclusion has always been in favor of Solaris. Tho the egg wizard is by no means much weaker, should be on the same ball park of power.

which only further support statements made at the end of the game.

It’s been debated to death here and the conclusion has always been in favor of Solaris. Tho the egg wizard is by no means much weaker, should be on the same ball park of power.

which only further support statements made at the end of the game.

I am aware it's contested, however, literally nothing favors Solaris. Solaris gets begged by Chaos Emeralds, Egg Wizard is superior to at least a single set of Emeralds and requires Blaze and Super to verbatim go full power and DOUBLE team Egg Wizard to win. It's crystal cut.

Elevating the egg wizard beyond Solaris actually elevates frontiers standing in power even more. So that opinion is more fuel.

Japanese fans' reaction to the game is... curious lol
It seems like the Japanese script has the feel of just being machine translated and a lot of the dialogue feels off as if it was not written by someone who knew Japanese.
I guess that the English script really will be the definitive version if the Japanese one is machine translated with a few changes, never thought I would see this.

And.... The Japanese script does seem to change some things to make them feel bigger

Example in the very opening:

English Script: Whoa! There's some kind of atmospheric charge! Hang on!

Japanese: うぁ! 法則を無視した力場で操縦の結果が変化してる? ロジックの差異が顕在化して因果の底に落ちて行っている!
Translations: The vertical outcome is being changed by forces that defy the laws of the universe? Logic differences are manifesting and falling to the bottom of causality!
If anything they compensated the bad Japanese with more feats lol

Last edited:
Japanese fans' reaction to the game is... curious lol
It seems like the Japanese script has the feel of just being machine translated and a lot of the dialogue feels off as if it was not written by someone who knew Japanese.
I guess that the English script really will be the definitive version if the Japanese one is machine translated with a few changes, never thought I would see this.

And.... The Japanese script does seem to change some things to make them feel bigger

Example in the very opening:

English Script: Whoa! There's some kind of atmospheric charge! Hang on!

Japanese: うぁ! 法則を無視した力場で操縦の結果が変化してる? ロジックの差異が顕在化して因果の底に落ちて行っている!
Translations: The vertical outcome is being changed by forces that defy the laws of the universe? Logic differences are manifesting and falling to the bottom of causality!
If anything they compensated the bad Japanese with more feats lol
I thought Kishimoto wrote the japonese version and changed stuff?

Seems like they are really going with the connection between works, the IDW Anual has a story that is the prequel to Frontiers' prequel, so I think we can really wait for more connections later on
I thought Kishimoto wrote the japonese version and changed stuff?
he did

question, why is solaris considered a cosmology destroyer, what indicates he can destroy more that all timelines
I think Eggman outright states Solaris would eat the entire cosmology (At this point in the timeline Eggman is aware of both Maginaryworld and Special Stages), considering the situation as well as Eggman's intelligence there's no reason to believe he was exaggerating.

I think Eggman outright states Solaris would eat the entire cosmology (At this point in the timeline Eggman is aware of both Maginaryworld and Special Stages), considering the situation as well as Eggman's intelligence there's no reason to believe he was exaggerating.
he only says time will disappear nothing indicating dimensions being destroyed other than he eats dimensions for lunch which is very vague if he is referring to maginaryworld

Completed island 2 finally that boss fight was cool as **** and I'm glad it forced me to really wrestle with the parrying because I sucked at it when it came to the bosses

question, why is solaris considered a cosmology destroyer, what indicates he can destroy more that all timelines
Was explained above. But Solaris being that strong doesn’t mean that Solaris is that much more powerful than the rest of the pre-frontiers cast.

Solaris was still outdone by the super trio. And it wasn’t 3v1, it was a 1v1 in 3 different time placements.

sometimes I think people over exaggerate how solaris is supposed to scale in the verse.

I don’t see solaris being much different than The egg wizard, or even dark gaja, who actually forced sonic to faint (probably a stamina issue and not power).

Completed island 2 finally that boss fight was cool as **** and I'm glad itnforced me to really wrestle with the parrying because I sucked at it when it came to the bosses
I thought I sucked at parrying too… till I discovered how cheap it was.

man’s even then, the game is still so ******* good.

and you know what, despite the currency in the game being the most broken shit ever through fishing or cyloop, I find it to be just that better. Imagine beating the game without fighting a single optional boss or enemy, but just through fishing. Lol.

they really meant it when they said you can play how ever you like. Stood by their words.

sometimes I think people over exaggerate how solaris is supposed to scale in the verse.
It's mostly because of feats or direct statements because we directly see distorted space-time and in the Japanese version, it's stated that Solaris already had devoured dimensions before. So although in theory characters like Dark Gaia should also be very powerful, the limited scope of the planet-level adventure really makes the perception of the characters feel weaker. In a way Egg Salamander feels more impressive than Egg Wizard because we directly had the universes colliding in Sonic Rush with the Eggmen taking advantage with that and they all fighting in the space between dimensions while with Rush Adventure it was pure dialogue with a fight happening inside a cave, which feels very limited when compared to the previous game.

What I mean is that the presentation or statements aren't very clear, the characters will feel weaker even if logic tells otherwise.

Back