• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sonic The Hedgehog (IDW): Cybernetic Enforcers and Zombots regeneration rework

Alright, the changes I propose are pretty simple. There are three in total, and I'll go over each of them.

1. Zombots Regeneration

This is rather quick. Zombots regeneration should be downgraded. There are no showings of them regenerating from them being blown to bits, and is simply an assumption based on their entire body being made of the Metal Virus which has an impressive regenerative factor. These are the two best showings of regeneration from the Zombots. This is at least Low-Mid, and likely Mid given Tumble regenerated large holes in his torso, arm, and head.

Thus I propose we downgrade Zombots regeneration to at least Low-Mid, but more than likely just Mid. The Metal Virus itself is fine as it is, that doesn't need to be touched.

2. Surge and Kit Regeneration

Currently, Surge has Low Regeneration listed on her profile. I simply suggest that when Kitsunami DOES get a profile that they also get the same. In addition, I think both should have at least Low-Mid Regeneration, or Mid just like the Zombots. Allow me to elaborate.

Thus in conclusion, as Surge and Kit are fitted with a repurposed metal virus' regenerative factor, in the form of cellular upgrades that should give them regeneration on par with Metal Virus infectee's (i.e. Zombots). And Zombots should have their regeneration downgraded to Mid.

Agree: 9 (@Maverick_Zero_X, @ElixirBlue, @y3p_owo, @TioKill, @Dalesean027, @Remus1998, @Propellus, @ShakeResounding, @Elizhaa)

Neutral: 0

Disagree: 0

Last edited:
1. Zombots Regeneration

This is rather quick. Zombots regeneration should be downgraded. There are no showings of them regenerating from them being blown to bits, and is simply an assumption based on their entire body being made of the Metal Virus which has an impressive regenerative factor. These are the two best showings of regeneration from the Zombots. This is at least Low-Mid, and likely Mid given Tumble regenerated large holes in his torso, arm, and head.

Thus I propose we downgrade Zombots regeneration to at least Low-Mid, but more than likely just Mid. The Metal Virus itself is fine as it is, that doesn't need to be touched.
Agreed.

2. Surge and Kit Regeneration

Currently, Surge has Low Regeneration listed on her profile. I simply suggest that when Kitsunami DOES get a profile that they also get the same. In addition, I think both should have at least Low-Mid Regeneration, or Mid just like the Zombots. Allow me to elaborate.

Thus in conclusion, as Surge and Kit are fitted with a repurposed metal virus' regenerative factor, in the form of cellular upgrades that should give them regeneration on par with Metal Virus infectee's (i.e. Zombots). And Zombots should have their regeneration downgraded to Mid.
I can agree she has some form of regeneration but like you pointed out with Zombots not having feats to match the Regen of the virus itself, it’s uncertain if Surge has the same level of Regen as the Zombots too.

We can do an at least Low-Mid, possibly Mid Regen rating for Surge and Kit, while the Zombots have straight Mid.

I can agree she has some form of regeneration but like you pointed out with Zombots not having feats to match the Regen of the virus itself, it’s uncertain if Surge has the same level of Regen as the Zombots too.
I would agree if the Metal Virus was vaguely implemented into them in some fashion, but Starline explicitly stated he implemented the resilience of the virus into them, thus granting them its regenerative capabilities. You could say Kit and Surge are like Zombots themselves, minus the mindlessness, infectious properties, etc. (As again, Starline specifically implemented the resilience of the virus into them. No other factors).
We can do an at least Low-Mid, possibly Mid Regen rating for Surge and Kit, while the Zombots have straight Mid.
I disagree with the statement for the reason above, but if you feel strongly about it, I'll write down your vote and note it down that you only agree with low-mid.

I mean though, by that statement, you could scale them past the Zombots to directly the Virus itself, but yeah, it’s vague.
I guess, but I figured since he implemented it into a host that the healing factor would react more like the healing factor when the real metal virus takes a host (Plus her regeneration is shown to be closer to Zombots, being able to regen a giant hole in their torso and from being flattened/crushed).

Plus her regeneration is shown to be closer to Zombots
Her Regen is implied as we haven’t really seen anything. The lack of visual is why I’m not completely sold on her being equivalent to a Zombot, as those feats just amount to Low-Mid, while agreeing Starline used the MV to create her. :1

Her Regen is implied as we haven’t really seen anything. The lack of visual is why I’m not completely sold on her being equivalent to a Zombot, while agreeing Starline used the MV to create her. :1
The problem is we're likely never going to see it as I don't think SEGA ever plans on actually showing living normal people getting gored. Like doing it to Zombots is fine since they're mechanical goop, but showing an organic being gored on some Sonic.EXE type stuff isn't going to happen anytime soon. Heck, the feats she has of regenning happen of screen for that reason. I'd be very surprised if they showed Surge getting her face smashed in and her limbs blown off or something. If SEGA were more lenient towards showing normal characters being brutally gored, I'd agree with you, but since they don't, and have gone out of their way to hide the only fatal injuries (Being crushed/smooshed to death and being impaled by a massive spike).

That’s the difficultly (tho, while I’d like to see an organic Sonic character turned into liquid, I’m not interested in seeing them bleed)

Well, the feats for Surge, even off panel, still come off as Low-Mid to me but I’m also ok with Surge being Mid cause of her creation, so I’m ok with either.

Alright, the changes I propose are pretty simple. There are three in total, and I'll go over each of them.

1. Zombots Regeneration

This is rather quick. Zombots regeneration should be downgraded. There are no showings of them regenerating from them being blown to bits, and is simply an assumption based on their entire body being made of the Metal Virus which has an impressive regenerative factor. These are the two best showings of regeneration from the Zombots.
Didn't they survive being crushed by a giant ship falling on them?

Otherwise, I agree.

Yes, though we don't know the extent of the damage they took from it other than that it would've been lethal to them if they couldn't regen.
Well, they certainly didn't pierce through the metal, so you'd think they were turned into a puddle

Well, they certainly didn't pierce through the metal, so you'd think they were turned into a puddle
There's no reason to assume they turned into a puddle. It should also be noted they were in water when it struck them, so they'd likely have been hit, and then the ship would've ended up floating or leave space between them. Not to mention, why can't we assume they pierced through the steel or that the steel of the ship shattered on impact? They can tank hits from mid-tiers like Omega, Sonic, and Shadow without taking major physical damage every time. They can also rip Omega to shreads. We can't really assume they were reduced to a puddle without physical evidence. Otherwise, we could assume Surge also regenerated from turning into a puddle because she was "crushed". At best we could assume some bones shattered and maybe some body deformation that would get into the Low-Mid'ish levels of regen.

There's no reason to assume they turned into a puddle. It should also be noted they were in water when it struck them, so they'd likely have been hit, and then the ship would've ended up floating or leave space between them. Not to mention, why can't we assume they pierced through the steel or that the steel of the ship shattered on impact? They can tank hits from mid-tiers like Omega, Sonic, and Shadow without taking major physical damage every time. They can also rip Omega to shreads. We can't really assume they were reduced to a puddle without physical evidence. Otherwise, we could assume Surge also regenerated from turning into a puddle because she was "crushed". At best we could assume some bones shattered and maybe some body deformation that would get into the Low-Mid'ish levels of regen.
Fair enough.

These changes seem fine. Though, regeneration from being crushed should be Mid, especially since it is regeneration from severe brain damage.
  • Mid: The ability to regenerate from decapitation or severe brain damage. For machines and vehicles, this would be regenerating from the destruction of critical parts, such as the engine.

Back