• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Speaking of Amy being boring now
she isn't tho

, I share the opinion that Amy focusing 90% of her powers on tarot cards is really damn idiotic of a decision on the writers’ part.
.....have you saw IDW? she like, never uses her cards for battle there lol

Sega wanting to explore an very interesting aspect of her char that was never explored is a W in my book

Too many instances that would warrant a CRT Thread being made on them
like....? also all the times she isn't?
Like what? When Sonic is at the forefront? When he’s not in the picture, it’s always her leading literally everything. Regarding the flirting/cracking jokes thing, yeah that’s peppered into almost all of their interactions in the IDW comics.
you mean how like Tails does sass with Sonic? that is a REALLY weak connection dude
Literally far from it. This is always present within Amy’s interactions with Sonic but with a more flirty vibe to it. Tails doesn’t have sass in the comics. He does quip back a lot but not sass.
Once again, too many instances that would warrant a CRT Thread being made on them
i would argue that Knuckles of all people being the leader was.....silly already, and he was "handed" it
By who exactly?
with her we can see how much she grew since the classic days where she mostly followed, plus she was the leader of team rose, so she has a little experience with it
Doesn’t change the fact in execution it was forced and not naturally woven in. Especially given how big of scale the Metal Overload fight and Metal Virus epidemic was, it felt like a last minute decision instead of a nice build up with trials and tribulations.

she isn't tho
Nowadays she kind of is just “the girl”, being overtly melancholic in Frontiers about “the beauty of the world”, or just being a girlboss in the comics. I think Ian has done great stuff in the past, but people who call him the Dave Filoni of Sonic aren’t entirely off.
.....have you saw IDW? she like, never uses her cards for battle there lol
Even then she bases her entire decision making process on cards, like that is not Amy. She is confident in her path, no matter how misguided it might be. Plus I was mainly talking Final Horizon.

I'll admit her using it in combat in Frontiers was kinda cool, maybe she has the potential to be more rooted in actual magic down the line rather than vague bs mysticism.
Exatly, if they wanted to make more use of that part of her background, they should have at least made her use the cards more creatively. She should be a magic user while we're at it.

Too many instances that would warrant a CRT Thread being made on them
well.........give a couple then?

Like what? When Sonic is at the forefront? When he’s not in the picture, it’s always her leading literally everything.
that is not the part i was questioning it

Regarding the flirting/cracking jokes thing, yeah that’s peppered into almost all of their interactions in the IDW comics.
Nah

Literally far from it. This is always present within Amy’s interactions with Sonic but with a more flirty vibe to it. Tails doesn’t have sass in the comics. He does quip back a lot but not sass.
define "sass", cuz you said the same thing twice now as far as i am concerned

Once again, too many instances that would warrant a CRT Thread being made on them
until you show i will call cap

By who exactly?
i dunno, that is the "advange" of the time skip, things just happened off screen without us having any clue of what, why and how

Doesn’t change the fact in execution it was forced and not naturally woven in. Especially given how big of scale the Metal Overload fight and Metal Virus epidemic was, it felt like a last minute decision instead of a nice build up with trials and tribulations.
considering that the plans constantly failed in both of those......then i guess it fits with it being "last minute plans"

Nowadays she kind of is just “the girl”
what does that even mean?

, being overtly melancholic in Frontiers about “the beauty of the world”
bro she saw 2 people die in front of her, her reaction was understandable, like.........everyone in frontiers was kind of down after seeing people dying in front of them

, or just being a girlboss in the comics.
again, meaning?

but people who call him the Dave Filoni of Sonic aren’t entirely off.
who dat?

Even then she bases her entire decision making process on cards, like that is not Amy.
she didn't use them at all in the Neo Metal Saga nor in Metal Virus................plus the whole point of the cards is that they are merely a "hint" and can't actually see the future, she used it for like, 1 scene in frontiers for that, you are kind of exaggerating tbh

She is confident in her path, no matter how misguided it might be. Plus I was mainly talking Final Horizon.
........how does that correlate to anything? yeah, she is confident in her path........so she shouldn't ever try to use the cards when she has no idea what to do at all?

I'll admit her using it in combat in Frontiers was kinda cool, maybe she has the potential to be more rooted in actual magic down the line rather than vague bs mysticism.
Exatly, if they wanted to make more use of that part of her background, they should have at least made her use the cards more creatively. She should be a magic user while we're at it.
Yeah this is the really annoying part of the Final Horizons moveset for me. Them almost entirely ignoring the Piko-Piko Hammer for a deep cut like the tarot cards was already a bit silly (although I do quite like bringing the cards back as a concept), but then half of her moveset is also just her using the cards the same way she would already use the hammer. There’s no reason why her basic attack or bounce couldn’t have been done with the Piko-Piko Hammer instead.

tbh every playable char in final horizon is kind of basic.................also Magic hammerbroom spinwheel cards is godamn amazing and you cannot deny it at all
To be honest: I'm of the firm opinion that SEGA, prior to Frontiers' release, didn't intend to make Knuckles, Tails, and Amy playable characters in the game until Frontiers was proven to be such a massive success that they decided to make the Final Horizons DLC. It's pretty headcanon to say, I acknowledge this, but it definitely does explain why those three play like they were only worked on for a much shorter time compared to Sonic.

Frankly? I would've preferred if Final Horizons just acted as a massive expansion to the base game's story and have Knuckles, Tails, and Amy be fully playable in a sequel game

Back