• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
What up Sonic Squad? It's me the Sonic Boom man. I started work on a profile revision for Boom Metal, I'll likely finish it in a few days it mostly needs references and a few more scans rn. I'll probably do Shadow next cause he and Metal have the least screen time both in the show and in the games so they're the easiest to do. I mean the rest of the main cast soon but my brain won't let me until I finish my rewatch of Boom and considering I'm only on ep 41 after like 7 months... it's gonna be a while til I get around to reworking their profiles. Btw there's a good skill statement for Amy but the source is in French so would I have to get it translated first or could I use it as is?
"Amy est comme la maman du groupe : elle fait bien la cuisine et elle s’occupe de tous ses amis. Véritable reine de l'organisation, elle sait exactement ce dont tous ses amis ont besoin. Mais attention, il ne faut pas se fier à son apparence de gentille fille. C’est une grande combattante qui sait manier les arts martiaux et son marteau géant à la perfection ! "

"Amy is the mother figure of the group. She is a good cook and takes care of all her friends. A true queen of organisation, she knows exactly what they need. But look out, don't be fooled by her nice girl exterior. She is a great combatant who knows how to make use of martial arts and her giant hammer to perfection!"

No idea if this is even a reliable source, but here you go.

Burning hot take: Not only does Blaze have more romantic chemistry with Sonic than she does with Silver, but Silver has more romantic chemistry with Espio than he does with Blaze. I don't approve of either ship though. The only Sonic ship I've sort of grown to appreciate (and only recently) is Sonamy. It's good that Amy is no longer an obsessive stalker, but her character became a lot more bland as a result. Actually making her and Sonic a thing could take both of them in a more interesting direction, and would be a huge step for Sega. No longer scared of risks and devellopment

Burning hot take: Not only does Blaze have more romantic chemistry with Sonic than she does with Silver, but Silver has more romantic chemistry with Espio than he does with Blaze. I don't approve of either ship though. The only Sonic ship I've sort of grown to appreciate (and only recently) is Sonamy. It's good that Amy is no longer an obsessive stalker, but her character became a lot more bland as a result. Actually making her and Sonic a thing could take both of them in a more interesting direction, and would be a huge step for Sega. No longer scared of risks and devellopment
Please no regarding the Sonamy ship. It’s very forced and I don’t want such a toxic thing in my Sonic games.

Please no regarding the Sonamy ship. It’s very forced and I don’t want such a toxic thing in my Sonic games.
It isn't toxic in anyway, the only argument for it being toxic doesn't exist nowadays

respect, IDW is weirdly enough part of what made me really like this Ship again as of recently, specially with that one panel where Sonic teases them
not that it matters since Sonic and Amy are the only thing this franchise will ever try for Romance

Fair enough. I don't mind it anymore though. Frontiers does hint at it and Sonic and Amy have some adorable moments in IDW that made me warm up to the idea.
I actually disagree with this notion, i think that Amy is fine as is nowadays, really like her more caring side showing while still having a bit of a nerve i don't think she was ever a stalker as well, i really dislike Sonic Battle Amy tho

Fair enough. I don't mind it anymore though. Frontiers does hint at it and Sonic and Amy have some adorable moments in IDW that made me warm up to the idea.
IDW Comics ruined that entire ship for me and Frontiers is thankfully cut dialogue. It’s clear Ian Flynn and/Evan Stanley is a SonAmy fan as evident with the IDW Comics and his dialogue for Frontiers which makes me unimaginably angry. You can see how forced it is with those two examples (most notably in the comics).

Last edited:
It isn't toxic in anyway, the only argument for it being toxic doesn't exist nowadays
From what I’ve seen, I completely disagree.
respect, IDW is weirdly enough part of what made me really like this Ship again as of recently, specially with that one panel where Sonic teases them
not that it matters since Sonic and Amy are the only thing this franchise will ever try for Romance
The IDW Comics where Ian Flynn wrote and Evan Stanley drew made that ship way too forced. I sincerely hope they never go there.

Last edited:
i don't think she was ever a stalker as well, i really dislike Sonic Battle Amy tho
I used that word to simplify it, but at the absolute lowest points of her characterisation, Amy was actually far worse than a stalker. In Heroes, her motivation should have simply been to help Cream and Cheese find thier lost friends, but they just had to throw in her obsession for Sonic in there, and so she literally attacks Team Sonic in order to somehow get him to marry her? ****** wild

From what i've seen, I completely disagree
You haven’t been around the corners online I have been then.

Wha-? How? There small moments, but it isn't even a main topic there
Those small moments were put in unnecessarily and were written in a forced manner regarding their relationship. There was the moment where Sonic, Tails, and Tinker all went to talk to Amy about something that definitely put me off. I can’t seem to figure out how to link the image here but it’s not hard to find. Regarding the overarching character of Amy, it’s like Flynn is trying to turn Amy into Sally Acorn and I can’t get behind that.

That's what I thought. Never confirmed and therefore no power scaling contradiction here. People can't accept Silver Sonic and Mecha Sonic were initially superior to Metal Sonic for some reason
Because the people who made the game clarify he straight up IS the superior model.

This is backed up by the Encyclospeedia—Quote: “A lumbering mechanical version of Sonic created by Dr. Eggman. Bulkier and less advanced than Metal Sonic, Mecha seems to be pure robot and doesn't possess a sense of self-awareness. He's appeared in several different forms over the years - his attack patterns remain largely unchanged, but it's unclear whether or not his various incarnations are indeed the same machine.

Appears in: Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (8-bit), Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Sonic & Knuckles, Sonic Adventure (cameo) and Sonic Pocket Adventure
.”

Metal is just flat out superior on debut. (Which is part of why there was internal confusion as to where CD takes place internally, as the quote from the dev goes over.) So straight up, Metal > Mecha.

Back