• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Sonic didn’t learn Linshao Kung fu until Unleashed, despite the practitioner living at least during the Battle era, and Sonic ended up beating Emerl who would supposedly have known that fighting style.
I'm not fully agreeing with either you or Omega atm, but this argument is nothing. You don't need to know a specific martial art to beat someone who does.

Cuz I talked with people after the fact who brought up their own counters to Emerl’s skill stuff.
oh i see, ok then

Except the statement is specifically referring to the technique chips of the main cast, not the unnamed fighting styles.
it is talking about the combinations he can do with the data/styles he copied, so obviously it would include all other ones he copied

Yes, he can make a potential infinite amount of fighting styles if he experimented with them, had enough time to make infinite styles, but it’s not shown he did.
doesn't matter, we know he CAN simply by combining different ones, not by training, simply by combining what he already knows, aka still viable in combat and for intelligence, aka still analising infinite amounts of battle information

But it also says he went berserk on the Ark, so his training must have primarily been on the Ark.
eh no, it only shows that he went back to the Ark after a while, which makes sense as the most advanced, new weapons would be up there, there is no reason to believe they wouldn't return him there for more weapon learning

Well I mean, clearly it didn’t go berserk because it knew literally every fighting style. Sonic didn’t learn Linshao Kung fu until Unleashed, despite the practitioner living at least during the Battle era, and Sonic ended up beating Emerl who would supposedly have known that fighting style.
that isn't proof, Sonic not learning it has no connection to Emerl learning it, it just shows that Sonic's own fighting style/adaptation is so great that he surpass that, which is obvious even in unleashed as he mastered it near immediately after trying

Well I guess either way the “learning all there is” statement may be enough to say he knows every fighting style on Earth, but it also shows in the story that Emerl can go berserk just by absorbing too much raw power (as opposed to technique), so there might be an argument that more raw power surpasses the need of learning more techniques (meaning Emerl didn’t actually learn every fighting style)

Moreover, Emerl starts the game as absolutely pathetic, despite knowing every fighting style on Earth, what’s that about.

but it also shows in the story that Emerl can go berserk just by absorbing too much raw power (as opposed to technique), so there might be an argument that more raw power surpasses the need of learning more techniques (meaning Emerl didn’t actually learn every fighting style)
actually that happened because it was so much power that it triggered Geralds safe measure, breaking his link with Sonic thus ignoring the commands that Shadow activated to stop him from going berserk earlier

learning all power would also count for Emerl obviously, so learning something new like that would trigger him as well, this is a "it is one or the other" situation, it is a "it is both" situation

Moreover, Emerl starts the game as absolutely pathetic, despite knowing every fighting style on Earth, what’s that about.
he didn't know at that point, he had re-learn how to even talk since he was very "rusted", by the time he had all 7 Emeralds he went back to his "peak" mental capacity

i would argue Frontiers gave Sonic better skill feats, but oh well

I'm not fully agreeing with either you or Omega atm, but this argument is nothing. You don't need to know a specific martial art to beat someone who does.
Btw, did you check out my comment to add the sandclock thing from Superstars to your CRT? It gives Eggman time reversal for inorganic beings (unless that's already in the pages)

Eggman can put a Carbuncle into a target's inventory. Worth noting, he can somehow do this without physically being there to place it.

The Carbuncle is a fairy that is stated to have a huge appetite. They will eat 1 item in the holder's inventory, and then go away.
I'm not sure if they only eat Forcejewels, but the statement of them having a large appetite being separate from them eating Forcejewels makes me think they may eat anything?

Eggman can put a Carbuncle into a target's inventory. Worth noting, he can somehow do this without physically being there to place it.

The Carbuncle is a fairy that is stated to have a huge appetite. They will eat 1 item in the holder's inventory, and then go away.
I'm not sure if they only eat Forcejewels, but the statement of them having a large appetite being separate from them eating Forcejewels makes me think they may eat anything?

The image doesn't work, but this may be HUGE

Btw, did you check out my comment to add the sandclock thing from Superstars to your CRT? It gives Eggman time reversal for inorganic beings (unless that's already in the pages)
Didn't see it, no. I thought Eggman already had the time manip from that game added to his profile. No idea it only worked on organic beings though

Sonic and Co. not being affected, but I guess what Omega says works as well.
The way I see it, that just means Eggman can chose what is affected by his time manipulation and what isn't. He uses it to repair his Death Egg Robot but it makes perfect sense why he would chose not to undo the damage already dealt to Sonic before it. Also, you say his time manipulation is via a sandclock thing? I've never seen it. I just thought it was via some buttons on the Death Egg Robot and never explained further than that.

Yeah, we see Eggman activate it at the end of Act 1. It just came to my mind because it's a good counter to retry clocks, lol

I think this is definitely enough to warrant Time Manipulation with his machinery now, or at least via preparation. I'm sure he has it already to some extent but ya know

I mean...

Sonic Question Time!:

Which Sonic character do you think is most interesting to debate with in the context of a VS match? Whether that's because you like thier tool kit, thier in-character strategies, or something else?

Personally, my answer would be Amy. Whether it's her Adventure era key or her modern key, she's all the fun that Sonic and Shadow bring to the table with thier speed amps, acrobatics, instinctive actions and more, except she lacks the more busted stuff that these guys have (while still having some surprisingly crazy stuff of her own). She also has more limitations in her arsenal, which are fun to work around. Not to mention, having notoriously powerful character from tier 4 to tier 2 lose to Amy is a lot funnier than making them lose to Sonic, Shadow, or Metal Sonic for instance.
Sonic because he's incredibly overpowered and because he is Dark Blue.

I'd very much as like to see Scourge use the Super Emerald to use his own Ultra Form, or seeing what the Moebian equivalent of it via Anarchy Beryl (or, and I know this is outside parameters, Super [Anarchy] Beryl).
Nah Scourge deserves to be erased from existence in all accounts forever.

Back