• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
If Super Sonic, Super Silver, and Super Shadow (no inhibitor ring boost) fought The End's True Form in a 3v1 (basically a redo of the Solaris fight), who would win?

Honestly, the one thing I'm hoping SEGA does is make Tails, Knuckles, and Amy have separate combos from Sonic in order to distinguish them each other. Because a cynical part of me is thinking that SEGA's definition of new characters is skins.

However that's just my paranoid side speaking, because otherwise it looks like Final Horizon is going to be a real banger of a final update

Honestly, the one thing I'm hoping SEGA does is make Tails, Knuckles, and Amy have separate combos from Sonic in order to distinguish them each other. Because a cynical part of me is thinking that SEGA's definition of new characters is skins.
I saw some of the early leaks. I'm not going to say anything other than I think you'll be happy, I'm 99% sure Sega cooked 😃

If Super Sonic, Super Silver, and Super Shadow (no inhibitor ring boost) fought The End's True Form in a 3v1 (basically a redo of the Solaris fight), who would win?
Hedgehog trio, i think that the fight was already made with shadow vs The End

I saw some of the early leaks. I'm not going to say anything other than I think you'll be happy, I'm 99% sure Sega cooked 😃
You helped give Game Sonic conceptual hax so I'm inclined to believe you out of obligation.

But for real that is pretty nice to hear that SEGA is letting Sonic Team put in the effort as opposed to being lazy like some other companies out there.

BTW, the Steam page for Sonic Frontiers did an update that told people who bought the game about the animation for Final Horzion and it said something very interesting:

"Sonic Frontiers: The Final Horizon Update arrives on September 28! Rewrite your story and play as Tails, Knuckles, and Amy in this climactic-free update coming to Sonic Frontiers!
Before the final battle on Ouranos Island, Sage reconsiders an unlikely scenario amongst her millions of simulations. With the assistance of Sage and Dr. Eggman, Sonic sets this new plan into motion and accepts the challenge of converting the Cyber Corruption into a vast, previously untapped power source. Meanwhile, Amy, Knuckles, and Tails seek to do their part and begin searching for the Chaos Emeralds on Sonic’s behalf. Can their courage change their fate…"

So it's very possible based off this info that the ending for Sonic Frontiers is going to be retconned and replaced with whatever Final Horizon is cooking up.

So it's very possible based off this info that the ending for Sonic Frontiers is going to be retconned and replaced with whatever Final Horizon is cooking up.
Sage: It may seem strange, but the previous destiny that I had previously seen has changed, it is as if your presence caused changes in reality, as if you were a chaotic entity,that embodies chaos and makes changes that are imposible to predict,even when destiny is already set up for everyone,it seems like you...
Sonic:can change the fate?everyone can change their fate,after all,you write and rewrite the story with every decision,there is infinite possibilities,and is your decision to take one of them.
Sage:but...it does not work like this,the universal fate is already established,how can you...just...changed it?

Sage: It may seem strange, but the previous destiny that I had previously seen has changed, it is as if your presence caused changes in reality, as if you were a chaotic entity,that embodies chaos and makes changes that are imposible to predict,even when destiny is already set up for everyone,it seems like you...
Sonic:can change the fate?everyone can change their fate,after all,you write and rewrite the story with every decision,there is infinite possibilities,and is your decision to take one of them.
Sage:but...it does not work like this,the universal fate is already established,how can you...just...changed it?
If Kishimoto had been the sole writer for Frontiers, I would see that as something he would do. Since the script is being done by Ian Flynn, I think that by the end of the game The End is killed by being sent to the sun like he wanted to do with Super Sonic in Archie.

If Kishimoto had been the sole writer for Frontiers, I would see that as something he would do. Since the script is being done by Ian Flynn, I think that by the end of the game The End is killed by being sent to the sun like he wanted to do with Super Sonic in Archie.
i mean, kishi will likely still be the one who will do the Japanese text, we may still get something like that

I'm 100% sure he won't let that happen, because even he knows he can't kill a being like The End like that.

I missed that, when did he want to do this in Archie?
In one of the Bumblekast, he said that was the planning to explain how Super Sonic was defeated in the Dark Mobius future, saying that Super Sonic was sent to space and the Sun's gravitational pull was too much for him and ended up being sucked to the core and unable to escape that gravity.

I'm 100% sure he won't let that happen, because even he knows he can't kill a being like The End like that.
I mean, he literally said in the Bumblekasts that he sees The End as a planet buster. So beats planets and looks like a moon, so I'm sure killing it by sending it to the sun is within the scope of what he could do.

I mean, he literally said in the Bumblekasts that he sees The End as a planet buster. So beats planets and looks like a moon, so I'm sure killing it by sending it to the sun is within the scope of what he could do.
It's better that you don't do it, it would create a lot of scaling problems if that happens, but hey, there's nothing that a simple "it's fiction" can't fix.
After all, what prevents a planet from being multiversal?

I mean the cast of Sonic Forces were worried of being killed after Infinite created that fake sun to destroy the Resistance even though practically all relevant Sonic characters are Universal+ and can survive in space.

It's instances like this where I accept that the writers aren't power scalers or give a piss about power scaling so it's best to ignore such a thing happening.

I mean the cast of Sonic Forces were worried of being killed after Infinite created that fake sun to destroy the Resistance even though practically all relevant Sonic characters are Universal+ and can survive in space.

It's instances like this where I accept that the writers aren't power scalers or give a piss about power scaling so it's best to ignore such a thing happening.
I mean, it being a Sun shouldn't even make it Sun level. Not sure why people get the idea it can only be sun level when it's an illusion made from the power of the Phantom Ruby. Besides, it's possible it was just believed the heat would kill them as opposed to its weight or whatever

I don't think the writers believed that using an illusory small sun as a weapon means it's small star level when said Sun is powered by the Phantom Ruby which is powered by the planet destroying Death Egg.

@LaserPrecision You know that's a very solid point there, the fact that the sun was made with the Phantom Ruby should admittedly make it more potent then an actual star considering the power source as you said. But regardless, I'm just saying that even without that context the writers of these games don't focus on the scaling and may do things which seem like outliers or is illogical in our eyes so it's best to either look at context or just ignore it entirely.

@LaserPrecision You know that's a very solid point there, the fact that the sun was made with the Phantom Ruby should admittedly make it more potent then an actual star considering the power source as you said. But regardless, I'm just saying that even without that context the writers of these games don't focus on the scaling and may do things which seem like outliers or is illogical in our eyes so it's best to either look at context or just ignore it entirely.
I agree. Pretty much any series ever has their anti-feats that don't make sense from a powerscaling standpoint.

In one of the Bumblekast, he said that was the planning to explain how Super Sonic was defeated in the Dark Mobius future, saying that Super Sonic was sent to space and the Sun's gravitational pull was too much for him and ended up being sucked to the core and unable to escape that gravity.
Hahaha, oh yeah, I forgot about that!

Chaos Control doesn't exist, eh?

sonic 06 is canon,what do you mean?
He's saying that he wants Sonic Frontiers to be canon to the continuity of Archie Sonic much like how Sonic 06 is canon to Archie Sonic. Though IDK how that will be even remotely feasible since Archie no longer has the comic license to Sonic.

Speaking of comics, tomorrow's the release date for Sonic's 900th adventure in the IDW run. Any of you peeps hyped for what they've got cooked up for this special issue?

Speaking of comics, tomorrow's the release date for Sonic's 900th adventure in the IDW run. Any of you peeps hyped for what they've got cooked up for this special issue?

I just have this in my head "that technically means that infinite saying that Eggman has been defeated for decades is something canonical, meaning that the characters are more than 20 or 30 years old, that would be a reason why they erased the ages, because they wanted to avoid having to explain why they are older than they want them to be''.

Every time Ian opens his mouth about Goku vs Sonic, downplayers scramble like Wall Street with their confirmation bias. Yes,he's trolling,but many don't see it that way,& the shitstorm begins anew.
and it still makes me laugh, how apparently according to them that downplays sonic, as if everything he did was so easy to retcon just like that.

I like to think that the salt from Archie Silver vs Xeno Trunks was so immense that people are looking to ask Ian Flynn anything if it means they get a "definitive" answer, even if said answer is from Ian blatantly trolling which he's admitted to doing in the past.

Also I read through the Sonic 900th Adventure one shot and, if any of you were expecting some glamorous or crazy happening in the story then there's not a whole lot which occurs. Though the neat thing about the issue is that the art style is constantly changing every time the Warp Topaz takes Sonic somewhere different or alters the environment so that was pretty cool.

Thanks for the spoiler

Wait, people ask about Goku vs Sonic in 2023?
Yep, you're either in the camp who thinks Goku shit stomps Sonic or you're in the camp that thinks Sonic makes mince meat of Goku. It's quite irritating and, unfortunately, a lot of the questions that are asked Bumblekasts are asked by people that want something from Ian to justify their downplay or wank of Sonic

Back