• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Wouldn't the Spin Dash multiplier fall under this example of on the Calc-Stacking page?
  • Character A moved so fast that character B couldn't react to him. So character A needs to have crossed the distance until he could be seen by character B again in the time that character B requires to react. Since we know from a calculation how long character B needs to react we can calculate the speed of character A based on that.
it doesn't use any reaction speed from any character, so no

Is there a lore reason for Sonic saying he's "gotta go fast"?
Not exactly. However, as a fan of Sonic and the Black Knight, I've always held the belief that outside of Sonic's genuine desire to do good in the world his mentality of "gotta go fast" is in part a response to knowing that everything he knows will one day come to an end.

I usually have a difficult time getting my thoughts across but here's my take: Sonic is very much aware that he will die one day and everything he's known will also experience a similar fate, yet rather then worry about the future and or try to prevent this he's completely accepted this factoid of his existence and is instead more content with living for the present and not worrying about the future till later. After Sonic successfully prevents Merlina from making the world of Camelot into a eternal world without death Sonic comforts her fears and essentially tells her that, while everything comes to an end and it's quite sad, she should use the time she's given to live life to the fullest and be happy. So ultimately in my perspective and the perspective of others, Sonic's mindset can be considered less of "gotta go fast" and more like "got to do what I got to do, and fast.". Though bare in mind that this is my interpretation of the matter anyway so take it for what you will.

What tier do you guys think SMT Sonic would be?
Wouldn't he be comparable to the weaker demons based off our profiles? I don't know much about Shin Megami Tensei or Dx2, but from what I understand Sonic was shown to be comparable to demons like Matador and the like during his crossover event, but I'm only spit balling here based off the limited information I know so I'm fine with being proven wrong

Wouldn't he be comparable to the weaker demons based off our profiles? I don't know much about Shin Megami Tensei or Dx2, but from what I understand Sonic was shown to be comparable to demons like Matador and the like during his crossover event, but I'm only spit balling here based off the limited information I know so I'm fine with being proven wrong
Ngl bro would probably be 1-A

Not exactly. However, as a fan of Sonic and the Black Knight, I've always held the belief that outside of Sonic's genuine desire to do good in the world his mentality of "gotta go fast" is in part a response to knowing that everything he knows will one day come to an end.

I usually have a difficult time getting my thoughts across but here's my take: Sonic is very much aware that he will die one day and everything he's known will also experience a similar fate, yet rather then worry about the future and or try to prevent this he's completely accepted this factoid of his existence and is instead more content with living for the present and not worrying about the future till later. After Sonic successfully prevents Merlina from making the world of Camelot into a eternal world without death Sonic comforts her fears and essentially tells her that, while everything comes to an end and it's quite sad, she should use the time she's given to live life to the fullest and be happy. So ultimately in my perspective and the perspective of others, Sonic's mindset can be considered less of "gotta go fast" and more like "got to do what I got to do, and fast.". Though bare in mind that this is my interpretation of the matter anyway so take it for what you will.
I don't think anyone understood I wasn't actually asking and was referencing a meme

Shouldn't Sonic characters reaction speed be much greater than their travel speed because of the RPMs of their small size while spinning & still knowing where they're going? How would you calc something like that?

Wonder if SMT Sonic vs SMT Dante could work since they'd both be 1-A. Although apparently they might not be the same layers or whatever

Pretty sure if he’s comparable to Matador he’d just be Low 2-C, I don’t think “Archetype” exists for Sonic in this context.

I really wasn't expecting the 900 adventures to really be a thing in the story

Hm, I guess that makes sense? Considering that Sonic has already beaten Eggman 277,000 times, but what should that mean? What of the 276,100 times they faced each other was Eggman attacking only Sonic?

Hm, I guess that makes sense? Considering that Sonic has already beaten Eggman 277,000 times, but what should that mean? What of the 276,100 times they faced each other was Eggman attacking only Sonic?
277,000 honestly seems too high.

If he beat Eggman once per day since he was 10, he would be nearly 769 years old.

The figure is 227,000+. And tbh, are peeps really questioning how that'd be possible in a very obvious fictitious world in a speedster setting? That Spongebob license fail count is a worse offender lol

Ok, let's assume that canonically Sonic really saved the world 899 times, if it's once a day, it would be more than 899 days(like 2 years and 5 months), and if it were per week, it would be like 6,293 days, more or less 16 years,wow,to many years,and somehow,he is still in his 15(or no more,because the age is erased now)

Should The End have Darkness Manipulation and Light Manipulation for his Dark and Light bullets that can only be countered by Supreme using attacks of the same type?

Back