• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I still think it's a bit amusing when Eggman talked about how the Chaos and Sol Emeralds were nothing compared to the PoTS yet he still got his ass handed to him (maybe try remembering Solaris there buddy).

Probably due to the crazy time travel shenanigans at the end of 06. Though I'd said the PoTS is probably greater than anything Eggman has gotten ahold of (Hyper-go-on, Dark Gaia Force, Life Energy, ect), so he probably based his statement on hubris.

In other news, I think Werehog Sonic should be a 5-A form.

Yeah that's the point. He doesn't remember 06 due to the events being erased. PoTS is certainly powerful as it sustains the existence of parallel universes but it's definitely not superior to the Chaos/Sol Emeralds and especially Solaris.

5-A Werehog Sonic? This'll be interesting.

Maverick Zero X said:
Probably due to the crazy time travel shenanigans at the end of 06. Though I'd said the PoTS is probably greater than anything Eggman has gotten ahold of (Hyper-go-on, Dark Gaia Force, Life Energy, ect), so he probably based his statement on hubris.
Boiitsanoutlierdon'teventrytomakethatathreadmyguyoryougetdebunkedonsightassoniccapsatmulticontinentandhasneverfoughtanddamagedaplanetlevelbeinginbaseformgg

But in all actuality, I genuinely believe the Base cast (not including the classic/mania versions, of course) should cap at around Planet level and it's kinda annoying that Emerl was brought down to Multi-Continent for the sake of "consistency".

Sonic should be 10-C because he's a hedgehog. Anything above that is an outlier. Do you see how badly those spikes hurt him? FTL is also an outlier, he should be below average human because he got outpaced by an obese egg shaped human.

Being completely honest here, I'm perfectly okay with 5-B base. While I have no opinion on its legitimacy, you won't see me actively going against it like 90% of the other things going on in Sonic.

The real cal howard said:
Being completely honest here, I'm perfectly okay with 5-B base. While I have no opinion on its legitimacy, you won't see me actively going against it like 90% of the other things going on in Sonic.
I think 5-B makes more sense than High 6-A, although I also believe Sonic shouldn't scale directly to Dark Gaia and Chaos 6/Perfect Chaos as he needed to exploit a weakness in order to harm them.

Maverick Zero X said:
It would fall in line with a 5-B Sonic gaining strength and losing speed. But I wanna know where that came from, I'm curious.

And I'm interested. Very interested.

The real cal howard said:
Being completely honest here, I'm perfectly okay with 5-B base.
I know you aren't purposefully antagonistic towards the serious, but that doesn't chamge the fact that I'm actually a little surprised that you're okay with it.

It can be inferred that Werehog Sonic had absorbed a substantial portion of Dark Gaia's energy, as Dark Gaia required the Werehog's power to reach his Perfect form. In addition, throughout the entirety of Sonic Unleashed, Werehog Sonic defeated various Boss characters that were imbued with Dark Gaia's energy, as well as the Egg Dragoon which was explicitly stated to be constructed from Dark Gaia's energy.

It'd be impossible to scream "Outlier!" at this because this is a one-off form. It be like saying that Excalibur Sonic defeating the Dark Queen is an outlier due to Base Sonic getting stomped.

SUPrologue

...wouldn't beating thethe Egg Dragoon in base be an outlier for Base Sonic then? Unless he gets upgraded to 5-B

I think Base Sonic should be 5-B and Werehog Sonic should be 5-A when the time comes.

Sonic beating the Egg Dragoon will probably have to be considered an Outlier like with Perfect Chaos.

Goddammit is every fight in generations gonna be considered an outlier at this point?!

Gens is my fave 3D game, sue me

UltimateFlare said:
Goddammit is every fight in generations gonna be considered an outlier at this point?!
Gens is my fave 3D game, sue me
That's nothing compared to Sonic Shuffle, with the base cast defeating a 2-B Void, as well as them flying across universes in Maginaryworld.

It mostly bothers me because Generations introduced the concept of Sonic getting stronger as time goes on, which I love a lot (plus the two fights are cool as hell)

Then it turns out the two fights that show this very concept get treated asas outliers

So, regarding the Great Harmony, it actually does pose an issue regarding the 2-A scaling in Archie as logically super forms Pre-Great Harmony should be weaker as they were powered by just seven Pre-GH Emeralds, which is obviously less than the thousands upon thousands upon thousands of Chaos Emeralds that were fused in the Great Harmony. I have proposed this solution:

We give the Archie profiles with super forms a new key for Pre-Great Harmony. They should be "At least Low 2-C." This is because the supers' 2-A feats (Knuckles Enerjak, Solaris, SGW, Sigma) mostly happen after Great Harmony. There is one 2-A feat where Super Sonic, Hyper Knuckles, and Turbo Tails fought Master Mogul who absorbed Enerjak's power, but this should be considered an outlier. Not only are the rest of the Pre-GH feats not 2-A, but Master Mogul was also portrayed as being superior to them and they needed Athair and the Brotherhood of Guardians to intervene in order to stop him. As for the one with the madman threatening to destroy infinite realities, that was with 14 Chaos Emeralds, twice as many as what's required for a super form. With this in mind, single Chaos Emeralds should still be superior to the Ultimate Annihilator and there is the feat of Super Sonic and Hyper Knuckles casually annihilating a zone, hence the "At least" rating. Post-Great Harmony keeps the current 2-A ratings.

That's actually a good idea. It's not an unnecessary downgrade that downplays tf outta characters but puts them in a balanced tier. I'm not well versed on Archie but it's at least a good idea imo.

I disagree with low 2-C pre-harmony,they still scale to Master Mogul & the battle with Solaris may have took place before then aswell.

Back