• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Son Goku (Dragon Ball Z) Page Revision | Organizing and Adding Abilities

ProudLearner

She/Her
His profile is missing scans and some abilities. Also, it needs to be separated by Saga. This CRT should solved that problem.

The following abilities/resistances are included in the sandbox:

Limited Damage Reduction (via King Kai's Gi; here and here)

Limited Resistance to Adhesive Manipulation (Goku struggle at first but then was able to break through the Guru-Guru Gum from Giran)

Resistance to Electricity Manipulation (During the Red Ribbon Saga, Goku survived Pirate Robot's electric attack underwater)

Likely Resistance to Extrasensory Perception (Goku should have the ability to reduce his Ki to nothing)

Sound Manipulation (Via Ki-Ai Shout; cancels out Ki attacks with a single shout)

Status Effect Inducement (via Blindness; Solar Flare a technique that cause blindness with flashes of light)

Astral Projection (Helped SSJ2 Gohan against Cell with Father-Son Kamehameha)

Summoning and Flight (Can call the Flying Nimbus and ride on it)

Immortality (Type 1; While Goku is dead, he does not age)

Self-Sustenance (Type 2; While Goku is dead, he does not need to eat)

edit:

Energy/Ki Absorption (via Spirit Bomb))

Last edited:
Didn't he broke out of Giran's gum simply because he was stronger? He was stuck, but he broke it because he used more force to break out than the force the gum had to keep Goku stuck

It is not that Gohan and Krillin's presences were undetectable. They just nullified their presence by lowering their power.
What about Stealth Mastery? Imperfect Cell did the same thing by masking his presence and Piccolo was surprise he could do it too.
That makes sense. I'll remove it from the sandbox.
I see. I'll remove it from the sandbox.

Last edited:
Limited Damage Reduction (via King Kai's Gi; here and here)

Limited Resistance to Adhesive Manipulation (Goku struggle at first but then was able to break through the Guru-Guru Gum from Giran)

Isnt that actually just because the Gi is far more durable?

Breaking the guru guru gum is just about strength

I mean, sure, thats immortality, but does he even needs a specific key only due his dead moments?

Majin Buu Saga Power and Abilities tab should be separate into two, one for still dead guy, one is after he alive again
It is Presense Concealment, lowering ki to conceal themselves
Also Type 7, he already dead
Self-Sustenance (Type 2; While Goku is dead, he does not need to eat)
I think we can have type 1, the guy already dead

Also he should resistance to Death Manipulation and Age Manipulation, the guy is already dead

Not sure about this? The dead beings in DB also can die again, no? If they die again, they disappear or something?
Well, Death Manipulation is opposite of Life Manipulation, they induce death upon the living, so technically Goku being already dead will resist the ability. Unless you pull Instant Death level of Death Manip

Basically Goku died, so he resists to Death Manipulation and Age Manipulation, also get Immortality Type 1, but I don't think Type 7 is reasonable, he can die one more time and then never existed.

Being dead has never given you a Resistance to Death Manipulation and Age Manipulation without evidence. Also, that latter one is redundant, since he has Type 1 Immortality.

Being dead has never given you a Resistance to Death Manipulation and Age Manipulation without evidence. Also, that latter one is redundant, since he has Type 1 Immortality.
He is Immortality Type 1, so the Age Manipulation can't make him die by making him old, he is immune to Age Manipulation.
Death Manipulation extends to attack souls is right, but not always, not all Death Manipulation can affect souls, sometime it can only affect the physical body and even just slowly draining life force to make the living thing gradually go to death by draining its life force, not an instant death.

He is Immortality Type 1, so the Age Manipulation can't make him die by making him old, he is immune to Age Manipulation.
Goku stops aging only when he's dead, because obviously the dead don't age, since they're dead. However that is only applies for natural aging. Pretty sure that something like the Dragon Balls could alter Goku's age if someone wished it (like in GT)
Death Manipulation extends to attack souls is right, but not always, not all Death Manipulation can affect souls, sometime it can only affect the physical body and even just slowly draining life force to make the living thing gradually go to death by draining its life force, not an instant death.
Death manipulation is killing living beings, not those that are already dead. If someone can affect and kill a soul then that will be soul manip

What has been accepted here seems uncontroversial to apply, except for resistance to adhesive manipulation, as that was handled via pure strength if I recall correctly.

The abilities that have not yet been rejected are mostly fine, but I disagree with a few of them.
Resistance to Electricity doesn't work, because despite having survived he felt all the damage and the pain, at most you can call it a stamina feat.

Abilities that stem from being dead don't work unless one of his keys specifically cover a moment in time when he is dead.

Resistance to Electricity doesn't work, because despite having survived he felt all the damage and the pain, at most you can call it a stamina feat.
That's still a resistance. He tanked it underwater and was able to pull and break pirate robot's tail off.

Goku was holding his breath underwater when he was attack by surprise from Pirate Robot, which he almost drown. When Goku broke his tail, the electrical attack stop. Its a resistance.

I would of conceded, if Goku were to get knockoff off by the attack.

Example: Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix, Sora can have equip Thundagun Trinket (Which gives resistance to Electricity) but he can still take damage from electrical attacks.
Abilities that stem from being dead don't work unless one of his keys specifically cover a moment in time when he is dead.
Goku was dead most of the Majin Buu Saga until Elder Kai gave his life to him. If its redundant then i'll removed it.

Back