• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Some updates on One Punch-Man

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't really? At least in this case. Saitama had the same blank expression as he always did when he punches those 2, he straight up said he to orochi he used a normal punch, and the fact he was slightly surprised that Boros survived indicates that he did not expect Boros to survive the same punch he'd been throwing at other monsters, and before that, he's only been killing monsters with normal punches

Okay Epiccheev, I've got you on the list of "agree with everything". Waiting for Damage and Matthew's thoughts on all proposed changes and the others' thoughts on changing Boros's keys before we include that change in the CRT. As it stands right now, Boros would be downgraded to:

"At least 6-C | low 6-B | at least low 6-B, High 6-A with Collapsing Star Roaring Cannon"

Garou's awakened profile will be removed until he makes his manga debut. The next CRT will include a discussion to create webcomic profiles. This also means we should remove GS's profile and make a few other changes.

Garou's half monster profile should be adjusted to something like "at least low 7-B to at least 7-B, likely far higher", given that manga Garou has only just surpassed 7-B Darkshine and we can't be sure exactly how strong he is. Probably higher than 7-B though

Golden sperm should be removed as well, as he hasn't appeared in the manga, and iirc, orochi also never appeared in the webcomic

It doesn't really? At least in this case. Saitama had the same blank expression as he always did when he punches those 2, he straight up said he to orochi he used a normal punch, and the fact he was slightly surprised that Boros survived indicates that he did not expect Boros to survive the same punch he'd been throwing at other monsters, and before that, he's only been killing monsters with normal punches
I mean... Mosquito Girl and Kombu Infinity also survived casual attacks from Saitama so...

Also unless I missed something, Boros’ armor was immediately shattered by Saitama’s punch, so he shouldn’t scale from that.
Golden sperm should be removed as well, as he hasn't appeared in the manga, and iirc, orochi also never appeared in the webcomic
“Golden Sperm = Orochi” was supposed to be removed a long time ago iirc, and yeah, Orochi doesn’t even exist in the webcomic.

Did they get punched normally? mosquito girl is dead. Kombu infinity only had her leaves plucked out. I'm pretty sure Boros isn't weaker than his armor, as it states that it doesn't protect him at all, and the armor didn't instantly shatter

Sorta left for a bit to do other stuff. So from what I got
  • Boros: At least 6-C | Low 6-B | At least Low 6-B, likely higher. High 6-A with the CSRC
  • Garou: Remove last key until manga covers his awakened form. If upgraded due to Neuron Psykos scaling or a GS feat we upgrade Boros' last key
  • A-Class: The universal 8-C scaling is dropped. Some can keep it though
  • Genos: High 7-C | High 7-C | Low 7-B | At least Low 7-B. Various 10 Second scaling stuff
  • Drive Knight: 7-B
  • Blizzard and Do-S: 8-A
  • Suiryu and Choze: High 7-C
  • Boros and Space Octopus go to Rel
  • Someone pesters Therefir until he gives us a final say on Oro's CSRC calc

• Boros: At least 6-C | Low 6-B | At least Low 6-B, likely higher. High 6-A with the CSRC
  • Garou: Remove last key until manga covers his awakened form. If upgraded due to Neuron Psykos scaling or a GS feat we upgrade Boros' last key
  • Genos: High 7-C | High 7-C | Low 7-B | At least Low 7-B. Various 10 Second scaling stuff
Tats, psykorochi and orochi are also going to rel

I agree with everything except downgrading Geryu and Boros. IMO I always thought Boros should just downscale from his CSRC. It's the same energy he uses to enhance his physical attacks and launch smaller energy beams. Others verses like Dragon ball scale big final energy blasts to physical stats like Vegeta, Cell and even in verse Orochi's big energy beam is scaled to his physical stats.

Unlike with Dragon Ball though, Boros can't tank his own attack and burns all of his energy in doing it. Even if it is likely stronger than Low 6-B, there's no evidence for it at the moment.

Just a thought. Supposedly, if golden sperm were to appear and attack tatsumaki in the manga later on. Do you think orochi and Boros would scale to that?

Just a thought. Supposedly, if golden sperm were to appear and attack tatsumaki in the manga later on. Do you think orochi and Boros would scale to that?
No, solely because Tornado is extremely damaged at the moment. Meaning without statements or her being restored to peak condition attempting to scale them to High 6-A is faulty.

Did they get punched normally? mosquito girl is dead. Kombu infinity only had her leaves plucked out. I'm pretty sure Boros isn't weaker than his armor, as it states that it doesn't protect him at all, and the armor didn't instantly shatter
Mm, considering that Murata has drawn her with cybernetics after the Saitama fight, pretty sure she’s not dead.

It shattered two pages after being hit, and when did Boros state that the armor doesn’t protect him?

I also had a revision for all the Dragon level threats who scale from being above Hundred-Eyes Octopus (except maybe Pluton) to just be ‘At least Low 7-B+’ and whatever scales above that gets 7-B.

Mm, considering that Murata has drawn her with cybernetics after the Saitama fight, pretty sure she’s not dead.

It shattered two pages after being hit, and when did Boros state that the armor doesn’t protect him?
I can't open the pic. Also, iirc, she never appears the takoyaki shop and that's likely just a piece of art he did that's unrelated to the story.

I re-read the scan, and it doesn't actually state it's not meant to protect him, oops, but he does state it is meant to control his power.

Dunno if "losing 70% of your body and being reduced to a husk" is valid scaling evidence there

I can't open the pic.
Its something to do with cookies. Most of the time it works if you open it on a incognito browser.

I don't know why the geuganshoop should be downgraded.

Murata's statement about geryuganshoop means that he did not simply say his thoughts, but actually painted them with those thoughts.
In other words, Murata’s unique description of sub-light is actually in the work.

先生、海外の方からの質問です。ゲリュガンシュプは本当に重力でブラックホールを作れるほどの能力があったのか。めっちゃ気になってるそうです。ん~どうなんですかね。ブラックホール作れたら最強な気がしますけど。そこらへんはONEさんに聞いてみないとわかんないですね。物体を飛ばす能力ならタツマキ以上だったのかな。ゲリュガンシュプが念動力で小石を飛ばしてたけど、タツマキがあれをやると出力が強すぎて一瞬で小石が蒸発しちゃうんだけど、空気との摩擦と圧縮熱で。ゲリュガンシュプは空気との摩擦を0にして飛ばすことができるから、亜光速で石が飛んでくるというね。っていうつもりで描いてました。タツマキはデッケーものは飛ばせれるけど、スピードには限界があるみたいで。やっぱり宇宙最高の超能力者でしたね。埼玉は普通に石投げて勝っちゃたもんねソイツに。埼玉からしたら亜光速で石が飛んできてもただ石を投げただけにしか見えない、悪い冗談ですよね。
老师,这是来自国外的提问。格留干修普真的可以凭借重力制造黑洞吗。似乎真的很在意。
村田:嗯~不清楚呢。能制造黑洞的话也太强了吧。这部分不问问ONE老师我也说不准。但他扔物体的能力应该在龙卷之上。因为他可以消除小石子和空气间的摩擦。如果龙卷也像他这么扔的话,会因为输出太强,因为摩擦和压力升温一瞬间就把石子蒸发掉了。格留干修普的念动力可以消除空气间的摩擦,石头会以接近光速飞过来。我是按照这个设定画的。龙卷虽然可以扔很大很大的东西,但是速度上还是有极限的。(格留干修普)不愧是宇宙最棒的超能力者呀。虽然埼玉很随便的一丢石头就赢了他。在埼玉眼里接近光速的石头飞过来也不过如此,真是像开玩笑一样呢。

This is the original text being translated into English

Here it is said that he did not stop by simply thinking, but drew with that thought.

And when a new enemy appears in the manga
Murata draws it as strongly as possible and says that it may have been inflated compared to the setting of one.
The remarks further support that he actually painted the sublights.

And why should we accept the 'statement' of the artist's portrayal

Let's suppose there's an apple picture.

If you want to know the exact identity of the painting because it doesn't say it's an apple,
you can guess that the person who drew the apple was trying to express a fruit apple or deliver the message of an apple,
and you find out what it is.

We don't call it flowers, ignoring the assumptions of the author.

the story is already famous for understanding the writing through the intentions of the speaker.

Yes,seeing the picture or story accurately is the process of accepting the intentions that the person who created it wants to convey.

Especially in the case of cartoons, it's all the more so because they accept and enjoy the message that the author wants to show.

So readers, unconsciously or consciously, can accept what the author has designated as the description.
So what if the author says it's a picture of a flower that looks like it's a picture of a flame?

Should readers accept the author's intentions and understand the painting and see the author's limited description as a flower with more accuracy than speculation?

Shouldn't we have to accept the intention only if it looks similar to something?
so we doesnt take that intention?

Let me give you an example.

The intentions of the artist are very important to see abstract works of art accurately.

In extreme cases like modern art, when you take a line and say "break-off sadness,"

you take it as an expression and understand it as the right way to interpret it.
We are treated with the same exact interpretation as the way we interpret the picture of an apple.

Because even if the middle course is omitted, it's the process of accepting what the writer intended, and what's important in terms of seeing what's described is that it's only a secondary process, and what's important in terms of seeing exactly is accepting intentions.

We're already dealing with feat as an understanding of the description, even though we're not sure if the story writer, the author, thinks so. For example, if flash attacks look hundreds of thousands of times the speed of sound, it looks like hundreds of thousands of times the speed of sound, Atomic Samurai is not sure if it's thousands of times the speed of sound or if it's set. In the case of Wind and flame, they're not saying anything, but they're just looking at the description and they're guessing they're trying to portray 100,000 times the speed of sound, and they're evaluating it without setting

so you can understand the paint according to the paint artist's intention.

And, it's different not to think that way and not think much. Just as the basic idea of the character is in your story author head and doesn't have a specific idea, so you don't have the idea of colliding with the paint artist's description (the throwing of the Geryu's stone is super fast)

like you can say that if you say if author say sam is human, Sam is the next thing you're an old man or child.. . Either way, it follows the writer's intentions, or it follows the writer's message, and the way he reads the cartoon correctly is to accept the writer's message, so the information in the artist's description can be a fit, and if he doesn't think so, he is directly involved in the description itself.

So I'm not sure if the story author thinks so, but if paint author description is a description that describes a speed that is not so speculated, wouldn't we have to accept it as a speed that is close to light?

No one, other than Matthew is saying we should downgrade geryuganshoop, and I don't think he said we should downgrade him because of his speed. And your argument just seems really weird

Yeah. Murata doesn't have any real final say in OPM. He's always stressed that ONE is in control and that his words do not reflect ONE's world unless verified.

Yeah, for example, orochi = golden sperm isn't as legit as boros = garou, as the first one comes only from murata and murata states that he has to check with him about that, whereas Boros = garou comes directly from one himself and murata even said one instructed murata about that

No one, other than Matthew is saying we should downgrade geryuganshoop, and I don't think he said we should downgrade him because of his speed. And your argument just seems really weird
I know I have read the thread from start to finish
But I wrote this opinion because he was suddenly being treated as a 7-B

I agree that my opinion looks a little weird
In fact, I tried to explain simple thing in a very long way
The example goes far to the very basic level
Therefore, it can seem a lot off topic

Yeah. Murata doesn't have any real final say in OPM. He's always stressed that ONE is in control and that his words do not reflect ONE's world unless verified.
His words are certainly not reflected in full fact.

However, his draw description forms the world of One-Punch Man.

He's words are worth something, but he's extremely consistent with his words not reflecting the OPM canon unless ONE verified it. At one point he even states that what he says isn't a valid OPM world view and that people should go to the Guidebook or ONE for in-universe answers to stuff.

I'm not saying we get rid of the lightspeed stuff, but you can't really get shocked when Murata himself says his word is not valid.

He's words are worth something, but he's extremely consistent with his words not reflecting the OPM canon unless ONE verified it. At one point he even states that what he says isn't a valid OPM world view and that people should go to the Guidebook or ONE for in-universe answers to stuff.

I'm not saying we get rid of the lightspeed stuff, but you can't really get shocked when Murata himself says his word is not valid.
No.. That's not the point of my words. I personally disagree with Murata's statement to determine One Punch Man's power balance
The reason I agree with geryuganshoop's near-light speed is because it's a basic idea for drawing. His remarks about near-light speed literally explain what drawing is like.

Because Murata serves as the draw description of One Punch Man
Murata’s method of drawing objects is officially the method of drawing objects in the work of One Punch Man.

That's a pretty good summary. What do you think of the proposed changes, Qaws?

Oh, also there's a bunch of lifting strength and large size upgrades as well Qawsed. But the large size is mostly housekeeping and the only significant LS upgrades would be Darkshine (massively superior to TTM), Bang and Bomb.

Um... In short, The reason I accept geryuganshoop's speed of near light is because of the description in the manga, not the statement in the streaming.
Murata's statement on the streaming is just a means of telling the exact identity of the manga depiction.

Um... In short, The reason I accept geryuganshoop's speed of near light is because of the description in the manga, not the statement in the streaming.
Murata's statement on the streaming is just a means of telling the exact identity of the manga depiction.
I get what you're saying. Murata's statements only mean so much in a vaccuum, but since Murata is simply describing what he is drawing here it has more weight from a narrative perspective.

I support 6-C Geryuganshoop myself and there's no need to worry about his being downgraded. Vswiki considers his attack to be 75% lightspeed and that will not change until that is contradicted by events in the manga or by a statement by ONE.

I'm pretty sure one of the calcs prove him to be relativistic, I think the one done recently by usklarevei

I get what you're saying. Murata's statements only mean so much in a vaccuum, but since Murata is simply describing what he is drawing here it has more weight from a narrative perspective.

I support 6-C Geryuganshoop myself and there's no need to worry about his being downgraded. Vswiki considers his attack to be 75% lightspeed and that will not change until that is contradicted by events in the manga or by a statement by ONE.
Thank you for understanding my opinion
I'm very excited about the upcomming new updates in this thread

Guess we could always use a different speed rating for Boros. Since there were more options than just 75%.

But as for my list as long as you tell me what I missed I can get to editing everything.

Low 6-B downgrade is big sad for Boros lmao, although this likely won't last for long
Certainly downgrade boros is a sad
I personally guess ONE wouldn't have changed the idea that Boros is superior to Tatsumaki in the remake.
but this is only guesswork anyway, so temporary downgrade is inevitable

Certainly downgrade boros is a sad
I personally guess ONE wouldn't have changed the idea that Boros is superior to Tatsumaki in the remake.
but this is only guesswork anyway, so temporary downgrade is inevitable
Considering AG soon. MB Boros' Low 6-B rating won't last for long. Hopefully AG doesn't exceed High 6-A, which tbh, I don't think he wil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back