• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Some updates on One Punch-Man

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he said it's on a much more grandiose scale? I mean, we know saitama and garou will be fighting in large open ground while sairam flips him from the ground, while Boros vs saitama is only on and in boros' house.

Murata said Garou vs Saitama will be more impressive than Boros, but in this Statement ONE himself said they should be equally strong.
One's word should definitely come first

Well, Pluton makes sense to me. The path of devastation he left is literally 6-C, so he's probably 7-B or 7-A with a single attack.

Otherwise, it's mostly scaling stuff. Melzalgald isn't likely higher because he couldn't do much against Bang, who is a baseline 7-B via upscaling, Groribas isn't likely higher because he's supposed to be comparable to Melzalgald.

But, Groribas should be "at least low 7-B, likely higher", even if we stick with the scaling for Bang to Melzalgald. Groribas is supposed to be Boros's top fighter, which should make him superior to Melzalgald.

That being said, if Garou gets feats above 183 petatons, should we scale Boros to " Garou's feat physically, higher with CSRC, or Low 6-B physically, Garou's feat with CSRC. "

I found the quote y'all:

Murata: Next we are entering Garou arc. According to ONE sensei, Garou and Boros are equally strong, I have to create the same visual for the battle too. Wonder how should I draw it...I will be keeping it up.
Btw, can you link me this statement?

Btw, can you link me this statement?

Well, Pluton makes sense to me. The path of devastation he left is literally 6-C, so he's probably 7-B or 7-A with a single attack.

Otherwise, it's mostly scaling stuff. Melzalgald isn't likely higher because he couldn't do much against Bang, who is a baseline 7-B via upscaling, Groribas isn't likely higher because he's supposed to be comparable to Melzalgald.

But, Groribas should be "at least low 7-B, likely higher", even if we stick with the scaling for Bang to Melzalgald. Groribas is supposed to be Boros's top fighter, which should make him superior to Melzalgald.
Apart from Pluton, the ‘likely higher’ seems arbitrary. Personally, I would say everyone that gets their tier just from scaling above HEO should be ‘At least Low 7-B+’ and anyone that scales above that would just be baseline 7-B.

Okay, before we get too off track, I just want to revisit who supports everything that was written in the original CRT post. Note that this does not include anything we have just discussed, unless the CRT board has been modified to reflect that. Boros changes in particular are still in contention

Agree with everything(8): Tetsucabrah, Zoronotzolo, Lightreinh, Ourosboros, Samanpatou, LordTracer, Epiccheev, Shift_Crtl_Alt_Delete.

We are waiting to hear what Damage and Matthew think of the other suggested changes.

Last edited:
Apart from Pluton, the ‘likely higher’ seems arbitrary. Personally, I would say everyone that gets their tier just from scaling above HEO should be ‘At least Low 7-B+’ and anyone that scales above that would just be baseline 7-B.
Before we discuss that, may I ask your opinion on the High 7-C changes as I have suggested them above? I have calced Spiral Incineration Cannon at 681 kilotons (high 7-C). I support removing the "at least" for certain characters and upgrading a certain few.

Before we discuss that, may I ask your opinion on the High 7-C changes as I have suggested them above? I have calced Spiral Incineration Cannon at 681 kilotons (high 7-C). I support removing the "at least" for certain characters and upgrading a certain few.
Yeah, I guess that’s fine, although 681 kilotons is High 7-C+, not just High 7-C.

So far, our suggestion for Boros seems to be:

At least 7-B, likely far Higher | Low 6-B | At least Low 6-B, likely far Higher, High 6-A with Collapsing Star Roaring Cannon

Also why aren't scaling from armored Boros from orochi?
Is there a reason to, other than them both being Above Dragons?

And that’s assuming the statement of Boros being Above Dragon is about his armored form and not Meteoric Burst.
So far, our suggestion for Boros seems to be:

At least 7-B, likely far Higher | Low 6-B | At least Low 6-B, likely far Higher, High 6-A with Collapsing Star Roaring Cannon
I don’t see any reason for the ‘far higher’ in his first and third keys.

Assuming Geryuganshoop gets downgraded, Boros should just be: ‘At least 7-B | Low 6-B | At least Low 6-B, High 6-A with CSRC’

Also with the Dragon level revision I brought up earlier, Groribas would be 7-B if we treat him as above Melgalzard.

Also why aren't scaling from armored Boros from orochi?
Are there any statements scaling armored Boros to Orochi?

I always figured a fight between them would go until Orochi broke Boros's armor a minute or two in, and Boros went released. Then Boros would lay a series of massive combos down on Orochi, killing him. This is interesting, because this is what the amended profile would imply. However- I would personally like to consult @Tetsucabrah @SamanPatou and @LightReinh12345 about the proposed change to Boros... since it is a very significant one for the OPM community here on vswiki.

Also, @Epiccheev, I would like to hear what you think of all the other proposed changes in the CRT, namely the Genos upgrade/High demon changes, Drive Knight upgrade, A-class downgrade, Fubuki+DO-S upgrade and Geryuganshoop speed upgrade. Once we've got a consensus on these changes, I will invite antvasima or another bureaucrat to this thread to evaluate the proposed changes.

Is there a reason to, other than them both being Above Dragons?

And that’s assuming the statement of Boros being Above Dragon is about his armored form and not Meteoric Burst.
We were scaling him to orochi because he survived a normal punch from saitama while orochi got blown to bits

Assuming Geryuganshoop gets downgraded, Boros should just be: ‘At least 7-B | Low 6-B | At least Low 6-B, High 6-A with CSRC’

Also with the Dragon level revision I brought up earlier, Groribas would be 7-B if we treat him as above Melgalzard.
I still don't see why we should downgrade Geryuganshoop, there's no in-verse reason he can't be a particularly strong dragon as far as I know

Ah, I see. Also, I thought earlier, we thought scaling Boros to being more durable to orochi was fine, why are we changing that?

Well he's not, Matthew just said he thought 6-C was too high for Geryuganshoop (compared to other dragons), you'd have to ask him about his reasoning.
As far as i know the stones being thrown at relativstic speeds is what makes him 6-C, so if he's against that he's probably against the relativistic upgrades part too.

Geryuganshoop being 6-C seems fine to me. If all we're going off for a potential downgrade "I think his current rating is too high", I think we can keep it. Of course, I'd be more than willing to see what evidence Matt would provide for a lower tier for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back