• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Some updates on One Punch-Man

Status
Not open for further replies.
The difference between surface razing (what Boros, and therefore Saitama scales to) and baseline moon level is 161.53x. And even if it was ten times, that’s nowhere near close enough for Saitama to upscale
Saitama using 0,6% of his power agaisnt Boros isn't far fetched, because after the attack he easily one shotted him to pieces in his troll mode.

Saitama using 0,6% of his power agaisnt Boros isn't far fetched, because after the attack he easily one shotted him to pieces in his troll mode.
I'm sorry, what percentage did you say?

tenor.gif

That would be headcanon. Upscaling to the next tier is only allowed when A. There’s a + rating, and B. There’s only a 1.5x difference between said + rating and baseline of the next tier.

I'm sorry, what percentage did you say?

tenor.gif
Almost half a percent. Honesty Saitama could be star level in the chapters to come and one shot the entire One Piece-verse even mid tier characters would one shot the verse. So in comparison the One Punch Man-verse might get a big upgrade.

Almost half a percent. Honesty Saitama could be star level in the chapters to come and one shot the entire One Piece-verse even mid tier characters would one shot the verse. So in comparison the One Punch Man-verse might get a big upgrade.
That's a lot of "coulds", my guy.

None of that is based on actual evidence from the manga so... Saitama’s tier does not change.

Since there is a seeming consensus, DO-S and Monster Raid Fubuki may be upgraded to "At least 8-B, likely 8-A". The A-class heroes may be downgraded as described here below. All other remaining items (Geryuganshoop, Boros's ship and Boros) will postponed to a later CRT.
@USklaverei

Could you change the suggested A-class heroes downgrade from "8-C" to "at least 9-A, 8-C"? If we do so, that can be approved, as our staff members here have approved this rating. If you are okay with that, here is how I would change every High 8-C hero's tiering:

As stated, A-class level individuals who could reasonably defeat Kombu infinity may remain at "high 8-C". Stinger (one-shot numerous tiger level, wolf level sea folk), Great Philosopher (stronger than Stinger), Death Gatling (devastated tree line against Garou, did superficial damage to HEO), Heavy Tank Fundoshi (near S-class level according to Sitch) and Magic Trick Man (near S-class level) have all demonstrated that they are what is unofficially referred to as "high-tiger, above tiger". These should remain at High 8-C. They also happen to be some of the mostly highly ranked A-class heroes, which may be an indication of their superior strength.

Spring Mustachio should be "8-C, High 8-C with Tomboy", as he was able to defend against Kombu Infinity for an extended period of time and actually pierced Kombu Infinity's hair with Tomboy. Snakebite Snek should be 8-C, as he scales above Dave through his performance in the tournament. Lightning Max should also be 8-C, because he "hit with more oomph" than Snek according to Suiryu.

Every other A-class hero should be "At least 9-A (able to defeat Tiger level threats consistently), likely 8-C (should be as strong as Snek, who is superior to Dave)".

The following heroes should be downgraded to that "at least 9-A, likely 8-C" tier as they do not scale to the aforementioned heroes. If there are an alterations or objections, please let me know: Lightning Genji (can't be much stronger than Electric Catfish Man + Maiko Plasma), Golden Ball (Had nothing to offer against Kombu Infinity), Narcisstoic, Shadow Ring, Feather, One-Shotter and Chain N' Toad.

These B-class heroes should also downscale "at least 9-A, likely 8-C": Captain Mizuki and Needlestar.

Child Emperor's Physicals should downscale to this tier I think. He's likely low A-class level when we consider his brain development with the Okame mask. I would like to hear thoughts on this.

Zombieman's physicals can stay where they are, he held his own against Pureblood with his blades well enough. His durability should downscale to this tier however, since tiger level monsters seem to be able to significantly harm him.

How does that sound?

Last edited:
Some agree on scaling the Jet Drive Arrow to Genos' physicals, and if that's the case, Garou would scale as well, since Genos was out to kill in their fight.
However, upscaling Garou-level characters from the Spiral Incineration Cannon based on Senior Centipede and Metal Bat makes more sense, in my opinion.
I don't see any reason for his physical AP to scale to it.

I redid Dave's calculation creating a crater and it gives him 9-A
Well then, that changes the downgrades. If Dave is near baseline 9-A, then most A-class heroes should just be 9-A or at least 9-A, likely higher. However, I will wait until the calc is accepted before I implement any resultant changes.

Let me know when and if that happens so we can make the necessary adjustments. In the meantime, I will upgrade Monster Raid Fubuki and and DO-S to "at least 8-B, likely 8-A"

This CRT has been active for nearly 3 weeks, as new calcs and perspectives have added and added to the discussion. Since we've agreed to move the Boros related items to a future CRT, I would suggest we do the same with the A-class changes: we have pending calcs now that would further alter any suggested scaling changes. All items but the A-class downgrades have been implemented or recorded and postponed.

I say we move to close this thread and move the A-class changes to a future CRT a couple weeks down the line, since there are other OPM CRTs waiting that involve pressing changes for the verse as a whole.
I don't see any reason for his physical AP to scale to it.
Damage, could you close this thread? Unless anyone objects, I think it's time to postpone the A-class changes so we can focus on the chapter 138 CRT, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back