• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Some updates on One Punch-Man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, Boros scales to Awakened Garou, who should be similar to or superior to Psykorochi and Tatsumaki. Meteoric Burst and Awakened Garou with abandonment should be roughly comparable, since those are their strongest forms they would resort to when they realized they were pretty much on par with each other. However... Awakened Garou doesn't exist in the manga (yet) and Psykorochi doesn't exist in the webcomic, so we should probably put a placeholder value in there like: Unknown with Meteoric Burst, likely High 6-A.

Yeah, Boros scales to Awakened Garou, who should be similar to or superior to Psykorochi and Tatsumaki.
Uh... no. Literally no.

Why would Awakened Garou, a webcomic character, scale to Psykorochi, someone that doesn’t even exist in the webcomic?

I mean, considering does the manga does follow the basic set of events. It's likely AG is gonna trash tats like he did in the webcomic, thus placing him above psykorochi

Except Awakened Garou in the manga is almost 100% going to surpass Boros, so that’s still a no.

Scaling Webcomic AG, the one who scales to Boros, to High 6-A from Psykorochi and Tatsumaki is a big no because Psykorochi doesn’t exist in the webcomic, and she’s the one with the High 6-A feat, so Webcomic Tatsumaki isn’t High 6-A either.

Wasn't there the interview where Murata said one told him that AG in the manga is gonna be on par with Boros (lemme search for it)

Uh... no. Literally no.

Why would Awakened Garou, a webcomic character, scale to Psykorochi, someone that doesn’t even exist in the webcomic?
Well... they wouldn't. The "should be stronger" is not based in any existing scaling, only in speculation that is very likely to prove true when AG appears in the manga. Emirp said pretty much what I was thinking, that Awakened Garou is bound to be stronger than Psykorochi one way or another. If it were up to me, I would just leave the profiles be until AG actually makes his debut.

But if we need to make the changes now, then yes, Released Boros should be "low 6-B" and Meteoric Burst Boros should be "at least low 6-B".

And yeah, Murata said Boros and Garou would make for a good fight. Lordtracer is saying that this statement is outdated, because the webcomic timeline that lined up with the manga timeline back then, no longer matches up.

Yeah, it'd have to be...

"at least 6-C | Low 6-B | At least Low 6-B, likely far higher, High 6-A with CSRC"
Armored | Released | Meteoric Burst

‘At least 6-C | Low 6-B | At least Low 6-B, High 6-A with CSRC’ sounds perfectly fine to me.

We don’t know how long it’ll take for Awakened Garou to show up in the manga (and he will almost 100% scale above Boros), so leaving the profiles inaccurate until then doesn’t make sense to me.

I'd say just leave Boros' profile as it is until AG comes out which will probably be in a decade or so

I'd say just leave Boros', profile as it is until AG comes out which will probably be in a decade or so
I don’t really see the point of just leaving it when this is the revision thread and Matt and Damage had problems with Boros’ scaling.

And again, ONE’s statement was about Webcomic Garou, even when Manga Garou does come out, it wouldn’t affect Boros at all unless a new statement is made.

Well about Geryuganshoop, Matthew said this:
"6-C Geryunganshop is also a joke it comes from a random statement Murata said in a stream about his opinion on the character and it's completely outlierish to the character who's just a random dragon."

I happen to disagree, because I think dragon-tier is pretty huge and that there are many characters who range from low 7-B up until 6-C. Just because we haven't seen many feats that are above 7-B doesn't mean that almost all dragons should be 7-B. I personally expect we will see several feats above 7-B in the cadres fight that should challenge that perspective.

Plus, I think Geryuganshoop could be a pretty strong dragon, we just didn't see much from him because he happens to attack Saitama and immediately dies, as you would expect from nearly every dragon threat.

So armored Boros would low 7-B then?
Pretty sure it’d be 7-B at the minimum since he scales above Melgalzard, who is already ‘At least Low 7-B+.’

Tbh, I don’t see why Melgalzard himself isn’t 7-B already.

Edit: Never mind, HEO’s Low 7-B+ calc is 1.9x away from baseline 7-B, so there shouldn’t be any upscaling from that.

If we downgraded Geryuganshoop? Well, like I said I don't think we have reason enough to discount Murata's statement that makes Geryuganshoop 6-C, but even if we did downgrade Geryuganshoop- Geryu would be "at least low 7-B". The only definitively low 7-B dragon is Bakuzan, who, as we all know, really sucks. Boros would be "at least 7-B", since he could beat three "at least low 7-B"'s.

I’m aware, I’m showing that ONE didn’t mean Garou in the manga since you mentioned that earlier.
I was talking about murata saying that one told him that garou and Boros are comparable, someone said that in the general OPM thread and I'm finding the source for it

As a pleb that hasn't kept up with OPM that much until recently, how did the fight between Psykos and Tatsumaki go in the webcomic? Just Tatsumaki going "I'm stronger, gg"?
Actually, in the webcomic, Tatsumaki pulls up the base from the ground, all the cadres pop up (before most of the heroes do actually) and they're attacking Tatsumaki without much effect. Then Psykos sneak attacks her and psychically binds her (because in the webcomic esper defense dramatically weakens when espers attack), and then all the cadres proceed to gangbeat a psychically bound-Tatsumaki into a pulp. So as you can see- the webcomic is super-different from the current manga, base manga Psykos could have never done anything to Tatsumaki at all.

That being said, I also think Geryuganshoop should remain where he is at 6-C, and that armored Boros should be "at least 6-C".

Yeah, it's just that I see no reason to believe Geryuganshoop should be a regular dragon. He's an alien psychic who scales directly to no one but the punch Saitama used to kill him, much like Pluton and the meteor

Geryuganshoop's tentacles are moving at relavistic speeds, the rubble is moving at relativistic+ speeds.

Orochi would also get upgraded by that, according to the OP, so even better

Also off-topic, but it bothers me immensely. Dragon level threats scale above HEO, which I have no problems with, but some (Carnage Kabuto, Melgalzard and Groribas for example) are ‘At least Low 7-B+’ while others (Gums, Pluton and Nyan for example) are ‘At least Low 7-B+, likely higher.’ Their justifications all have the same reason of scaling above HEO, so why do some have a ‘likely higher?’

I found the quote y'all:

Murata: Next we are entering Garou arc. According to ONE sensei, Garou and Boros are equally strong, I have to create the same visual for the battle too. Wonder how should I draw it...I will be keeping it up.

Murata: Next we are entering Garou arc. According to ONE sensei, Garou and Boros are equally strong, I have to create the same visual for the battle too. Wonder how should I draw it...I will be keeping it up.
And then he said Garou v. Saitama will be more impressive than Boros v. Saitama so like 🦍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back